Hot Toys – MMS202D04 - 1/6th scale RoboCop Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know i'm probably in a minority here, but I honestly would like to see a silver Robocop from the 2014 movie [the black one is kinda corny to me]. In the chair that takes him apart until he is a head with exposed brain, and lungs... I honestly think that would be worth buying. I liked the movie.

robojoelmeme.jpg

But in all seriousness, I thought ThreeZero was working on 1/6 scale figures for that movie.

thats the first i'm hearing about that. But honestly if this was just the solid figure, I wouldn't want it... I would only want it if it could come apart like he did early in the movie.

Nah, it doesn't come apart like when he's on the dolly. I don't even know if it'll ever see the light of day.

Really hope BD Robocop comes with a little TV monitor with the "I'd buy that for a dollar!" guy's image on there. :pray:

Looks fine to me.

8d41ebab0ee20bd59c9a0a07198284ad.jpg

Too much shadowing in that pic.

In hand it looks like DX12 bad, which means it's a good clean sculpt with decent paint, but in terms of likeness, zilch.

I'm heading to the TF later on the evening, I'll try to take some pics if I can later to show you guys.

Listen, I ain't no HT hater. I've POed the single set and the one with chair set, I want this to be a home run as much as you guys. But sadly it doesn't hold against the EB one, in terms of the mouthplate. Paint on the armor looks better though.

In hand it looks like DX12 bad, which means it's a good clean sculpt with decent paint, but in terms of likeness, zilch.

I'm heading to the TF later on the evening, I'll try to take some pics if I can later to show you guys.

Listen, I ain't no HT hater. I've POed the single set and the one with chair set, I want this to be a home run as much as you guys. But sadly it doesn't hold against the EB one, in terms of the mouthplate. Paint on the armor looks better though.

Damn, really?. For anyone who doesn't know Hydeous, he is a level headed experienced collector, I nearly always agree with his opinions.

Yeah but that's just a proto isn't it? has anyone said that's the final product? It could still turn out good.

The paint on the mouthplate looks similar to the standard HT mass production. Especially the lips area which are pretty obvious once you've handled a few of HT's recent figures.

Damn, really?. For anyone who doesn't know Hydeous, he is a level headed experienced collector, I nearly always agree with his opinions.

Thanks for the vote of confidence, Rory.

I'll try to take some pics later. I'm otw to the TF now.

Looks fine to me.

TBH that is not a great pic to judge the likeness on since it is dark and his head is tilted down.

We need something like this.

PD13699018323fr.jpg

Thank you for pointing that out to me, that's honestly the first time I've heard about it. That's a game changer for sure.

No worries, I know people say it isn't accurate but I think it is good enough and all you really wanted was a Murphy sculpt right? It didn't have to be as accurate as a clean version Murphy sculpt but accurate enough that it looked like Murphy?

I was afraid it wouldn't, since EB usually have better likeness than their Hot Toys counterparts. :thud:

Yeah I usually do to, so if Hydeous says this is a let down, my gut tells me is right. :(

The paint on the mouthplate looks similar to the standard HT mass production. Especially the lips area which are pretty obvious once you've handled a few of HT's recent figures.

Ok the paint isn't great but are you sure mouth plate is sculpted poorly?

Last edited:
Looks fine to me.

This looks amazing... Really cannot wait to have this. Figure of the year 2014 haha if it gets released in 2014 that is. Don't see the faults others talk of and I'd never buy enterbay ever

Looks pretty good in my camera pic here surprisingly, but in hand he doesn't. Which is kinda odd. :lol

But here you go

View attachment 131871
View attachment 131872

It looks like it's been seriously abused. There's a good amount of wear on the ridges of the helmet.

It could also be the lighting. What is up with that place? It looks like one of those Hostel torture/murder rooms.

Back