Hot Toys – MMS202D04 - 1/6th scale RoboCop Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I now got me liqui molly rubber care with plenty good reviews too.
I have never used the liqui molly brand, it's a different product and contains sodium laureth sulfate and some butyl ingredients not found in the einszett brand, so I wouldn't be able to recommend it.

What? I thought this was going to be all die-cast metal? If there is ANY rubber parts I'm not buying this.

If the IM diecast is any guide, about half of the figure will be diecast, the rest will be plastic. There may be rubber parts here and there, but that won't stop me from getting this. One of my all-time favorite characters from my childhood.

rubberstomach.jpg

I never owned the first release, the midsection appears to be made of rubber.

newstomach.jpg

The midsection on the upcoming release appears to be either diecast or plastic, maybe both, but can't tell for sure.

I have the original ED, the original Robo and sold the Robo 3 w/jet pack a couple years ago. The entire black mid section, forearm gauntlets, knee & elbow joints, and neck area are rubber and I never had any issue with them besides a little dulling/fading that's easily corrected with occasional maintenance. The new one doesn't appear to have rubber in those areas but I could be mistaken. My original ED-209 does have the dome rot but not near as bad as some of the others I've seen. Just my two cents.

Yeah, I have an original Robo too. No probs with the rubber on it. But that doesn't really mean much with HT.
Let's hope it's all plastic on this. The Iron Man Mark42 is die cast and has gotten rid of all the rubber in its joints.

What's EB got to do with this? They have a full rubber outfit on a Begins Batman also. They don't have rubber issues at Enterbay towers.

What's EB got to do with this? They have a full rubber outfit on a Begins Batman also. They don't have rubber issues at Enterbay towers.

Just wondering if the rubber on that hasn't deteriorated on their Robocop it shouldn't on this one either. I thought they used a different material to Rubber for their Batman begins, which is why it doesn't have those issues. But u have it and u think it is rubber right?

Just wondering if the rubber on that hasn't deteriorated on their Robocop it shouldn't on this one either. I thought they used a different material to Rubber for their Batman begins, which is why it doesn't have those issues. But u have it and u think it is rubber right?

Nah, rubber, silicone, vinyl, there are a multitude of ways to use these to manufacture toy parts that won't degrade or chemically react with other plastics. Enterbay use completely different materials and I have yet to see a single issue with their figures. HT however can't seem to do it correctly. At this stage it has to be cheapness in production or arrogance on their part.

I don't know what I'm gonna do with this. i normally dive in and get one from Timcent as soon as he has them, but I really want to know about the rubber first. And if it is rubber, will I still get him? Especially since the old Robo didn't degrade.. questions..questions..

Back