Hot Toys – MMS202D04 - 1/6th scale RoboCop Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No pics because BD was the star of the show, but 20 seconds of video, starting at 3:19 -

Why does he look silver? In the promo pics by Hot Toys the armor had that blue hue to it and I just watched the movie the other day and the armor looked didn't look like plain silver but had that blue tint to it. I really hope this doesn't have the same color as EBs, because I will probably pass on it.

Why does he look silver? In the promo pics by Hot Toys the armor had that blue hue to it and I just watched the movie the other day and the armor looked didn't look like plain silver but had that blue tint to it. I really hope this doesn't have the same color as EBs, because I will probably pass on it.

At 3:30 you can see some bluish/purplish reflections off the top of his chest and right shoulder. I imagine some of what you are seeing (or not seeing) has to do with the light. Nathan or anyone that was there in person could comment further.

At 3:30 you can see some bluish/purplish reflections off the top of his chest and right shoulder.

Yeah I did see that but for the most part the whole thing looks silver. :dunno

I imagine some of what you are seeing (or not seeing) has to do with the light. Nathan or anyone that was there in person could comment further.

I hope you are right and it is the just the light as I am really looking forward to getting this. :pray:

Here's Michael Crawford's one and only photo of this figure from Comic-Con. Besides being overshadowed by Battle-Damaged Alex Murphy, I think the other reason it didn't get a whole lot of attention is we have no idea if this is once again the prototype or the first unveiling of the final product.

sdcc2014_sideshow_17.jpg

Edit: Found another photo of him on Flickr taken by "M.Domingo75". As you can see in this photo, plenty of purple accents to go around. But again, prototype or final product? Dunno. Can anyone spot any differences that would indicate this isn't the prototype?

14788835711_08ffe95ae6_o.jpg

Edit again: To answer my own question, I was able to spot several differences in the chair compared to the prototype images, which I would imagine indicates what Hot toys sent Sideshow for display at SDCC was in fact a final production figure.

chair-differences.jpg

Last edited:
battle damaged for me. its just more iconic and lets be honest it looks a whole lot better then the regular version.

I wouldn't say that. They both look pretty amazing for representing what they represent. Pristine Robocop and Battle-damage Robocop.

I wouldn't say that. They both look pretty amazing for representing what they represent. Pristine Robocop and Battle-damage Robocop.

I agree but for me anyway theres just more detail going on on the battle damaged version. Not knocking the regular version in any way its good for what it is but I think the bd version just screams more shelf presence and is a more intriguing figure when you see the little details. I guess its because there are so many verisons of the regular Robocop out there i.e neca, McFarlane, enterbay but this is the first time we've had a truley accurate bd version with the unmasked murphy available. I guess that's part of it too.

Last edited:
Anyone having second thoughts about not ponying up for the chair? It does look pretty cool displayed that way, but I feel like if I paid an extra $130 for the thing - I'd feel obligated to always leave him in it. And that'd kind of be a waste of a cool figure, no?

Smaller shoulder rings were already spotted in this thread I think.

Additionally, the bolts in front of the shoulder rings aren't present on the prototype.

Definitely no chair for me. There is no question that it is very very cool, but he would never be sitting in it.

I also think the clean version is more iconic, but can't deny how amazing his headsculpt is on the battle-damaged one.

I think the chair display looks incredible. I'm buying it and having it as an option. I was originally planning on buying an entire figure specifically to sit in the chair on a permanent basis but I decided I can't bring myself to spend quite that much money. So sometimes I'll have him in it, other times he'll be standing.

I think the chair display looks incredible. I'm buying it and having it as an option. I was originally planning on buying an entire figure specifically to sit in the chair on a permanent basis but I decided I can't bring myself to spend quite that much money. So sometimes I'll have him in it, other times he'll be standing.

I thought so too, but then I decided that $100 was a little too much for a chair. Granted, it's huge and ultra detailed, and looks amazing. But i opted for the figure only.

But having seen the newly announced "accessory packs" for IM containing stupid stuff and a table at $130 and a freaking styrofoam Hall of Armor for $70 I'm thinking that the chair with Robo is probably not all THAT bad for an extra $100. I might change my mind when the time comes and ask SSC to upgrade my order by paying the difference on the spot. Will have so see some in hand pics first.

Back