Hot Toys – MMS178 - The Avengers: 1/6th scale Black Widow Limited Edition Collectible

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry for necroposting, but I'm too lazy to search this thread for answers...

Is there a way to sleek the hair on this figure? It seems to be getting fluffier by the week, to the point as where I'm hesitant to touch the figure, even to dust it. Every time when I change the pose or dust it of, I have to use a few drops of water to make the hair somewhat respectable.

Is it just like real hair? Wash it and put some product in it?

Thanks!

It could be heat and humidity altering the initial product to make it fluff up.
But you can totally wash the original product out and then dry the hair/add new product and style it.

It could be heat and humidity altering the initial product to make it fluff up.
But you can totally wash the original product out and then dry the hair/add new product and style it.

Yeah, humidity could be a cause indeed. Thanks for the advice though! I'm going to try that! :)

Dude, an idea just popped up in my head but has anyone ever thought of making painting the Widow's Bite bracelets gold or even silver like how it is in the comics? I wonder how that would look on the figure....

1wip8.jpg

tumblr_mw9ji2WjjU1qhyhwto1_500.jpg

I wonder if Scarlett will ever don the right hairdo of the character. In all the iterations so far, while not necessarily bad, I just never saw "Widow" in it, at least the Widow from the comics or EMH series.

Nice pics man!

Yeah, humidity could be a cause indeed. Thanks for the advice though! I'm going to try that! :)

He's right, the humidity gives her bad hair days. It gets nice and humid in NY and I had the same issue as you. I used to just run my finger under the sink and kind of pet down any fly aways. just lightly wetting the surface. The factory product gets revived with a little light water like that but I guess it could hurt to put a little more product. IDK about washing it and redoing though. I'd personally be worried that I wouldn't be able to get the shape back after fully soaking it.

I wonder if Scarlett will ever don the right hairdo of the character. In all the iterations so far, while not necessarily bad, I just never saw "Widow" in it, at least the Widow from the comics or EMH series.

They just need to give Natasha her comic hair, put her in the WS attire and MAYBE give her silver or gold Widow's Bite bracelets and boom, a perfect Widow on screen. I might just have to lot bash that since I'm just gonna buy the new clothes off eBay. Not exactly sure if I want the WS headsculpt though.

hah MIKEY!!! :lol:rotfl:lol

What's up Brianiac! :rock

He's right, the humidity gives her bad hair days. It gets nice and humid in NY and I had the same issue as you. I used to just run my finger under the sink and kind of pet down any fly aways. just lightly wetting the surface. The factory product gets revived with a little light water like that but I guess it could hurt to put a little more product. IDK about washing it and redoing though. I'd personally be worried that I wouldn't be able to get the shape back after fully soaking it.

Yeah that's just what I did. I grabbed a glass of water and kept dipping my indexfinger and thumb and lightly wetted the hair. I could feel my fingers get sticky (man, this sounds wrong :lol), so yeah the product got activated. I'm happy with the result.
I was going to try the wash and reproduct, but I got worried as well that it would look messed up so I didn't do that.

Perhaps I'll get the new Winter Soldier version as well. :lol

What's up Brianiac! :rock

Yeah that's just what I did. I grabbed a glass of water and kept dipping my indexfinger and thumb and lightly wetted the hair. I could feel my fingers get sticky (man, this sounds wrong :lol), so yeah the product got activated. I'm happy with the result.
I was going to try the wash and reproduct, but I got worried as well that it would look messed up so I didn't do that.

Perhaps I'll get the new Winter Soldier version as well. :lol

Came out well, very nice work

I like the hair in those pics. Did you style or came that way? Like the clumps of strands. Mine didn't separate like that. In fact on my mind her right side didn't look right, too flat and didn't curve right. I washed it out and made more fluffy like in the film.

Didn't do much to it at all, just separated a little bit more then how it came, just didn't look natural when it was all together.

Back