Hot Toys – MMS178 - The Avengers: 1/6th scale Black Widow Limited Edition Collectible

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't wait for when i finally get this **** delivered and open it and be in awe of this stern looking ho. It'll put marzipan in my pie plate.

So much for these "Limited Edition" pieces.

Geez... thanks a lot Hot Toys. :thud:

I think the inference was that in order to SELL HT, you have to make an order of 5000 pieces.
That could be 20 DX12s, 40 Jake Sully, 20 Batpods, 10 Tumblers, 50 Spiderman, etc.
I doubt every reseller has to order 5000 Batman, 5000 Batpods...
That's just a crazy notion.
You'll just have to sign up speculatively to take 5000 products in your sign up agreement.

I know the guys at Toy Anxiety in Phoenix told me that they got 40 Hawkeyes (not all at once) and that was their allotment.

That stinks, well I guess it's better for me since I have to pay off my Christmas debt :)

And it´s me back asking for very likely silly sounding questions... But as I have been trying to see the variety of girl figures excisting, I think this is probably best place to pop asking for info. :)

I like this Scarlett Johansson looking girl so far most, but I saw in eBay search also another version with longer hair and not this much determined expression. Is it the same doll or another, as I tried to make many searches in this forum but didn´t find other thread than this for Black Widow or Scarlett Johansson?

So, if I got it right, this short-haired doll is coming for pre-order in January? Or has it already been made? I´m sorry as even still I try to read the threads I´m a bit confused with these dolls, as I haven´t yet learned the system how these dolls are ordered or where can you see what will be released and when.

Also, I´m curious to know, that is it common with these figures to share the full package (like it is often done with other dolls communities) in the way one gets the doll and another the accessories etc? I think it´s a very useful thing to do, but I wonder if these figures go mostly for collectors wanting whole package instead of custom dolls?

saw that everything on ssc has been changed to 1st-4th quarter 2013.
I hope I get her before January 22.

relyon_zps7becb953.gif

:gah::gah::gah:

@SweetNeat

Yes the short hair version(this thread) is the newest Black Widow figure and is avaliable for preorder now and should be out in January.
The long hair version you see on ebay is the old Black Widow version from Ironman 2. If Im understanding you right yes these dolls come with accessories,some come with more and special edtions and the like will come with different accessories usually.

Check the link below to see all existing new and preorder releases.
Here you go ---> https://www.sideshowtoy.com/listing.php?manu=Hot Toys&ref=HZ2_HT_HotToys-ViewAll

Thank you very much for your quick answer, Furyan! :) So there are two different Black Widow versions after all. I´ll go and seek more info, yay. :D

Yes the one with long hair is the Iron Man 2 Black Widow figure. Hard to find and pretty expensive. So you'll have to REALLY like it a lot more than the Avengers version if you're going to buy it. ;)

Damn, just my luck to hit always on the expensive ones... Thanks for letting me know, cofphoto. I´m not a big Avengers fan but I thought she had nicer expression than the other girl figures I´ve seen so far. And I think Scarlett Johansson would have been easy to dress up in any kind of clothing as she has done also many other films, and the doll is sort of a normal woman if you don´t think the looks of the actress. Too easily recognizeable character is not so easy to be used in multiple roles.

Don't forget that we have not yet seen the final production photos on the Avengers Widow. So she may look a little different.

Ah, that´s a good point to notice, too. So we´re waiting for the actual production pics to be released any day now? (In January?) I´ll cross my fingers they´d make her look a bit more sweet. :)

I'm pretty new to this myself, but from what I've read I believe they come out about 3 weeks before the figures are released to the public. A guy named OMG usually does some of the best, his photos of the Hawkeye figure were what sold me on even buying it. Before seeing his photos, I was just kind of "meh" on the figure. His photos really showed what an amazing piece it was.

Back