Hot Toys – MMS172 - Avengers: Hawkeye

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
not bad as you can see below, but it drives me crazy especially since these arent 10-20 dollar toys.
IMG_0249.jpg

Doesn't look that bad.
I might be interested if you are thinking of selling it(Though for for the >$80 Ebay scamming prices, lol).

It's not really about it looking that bad. If we pay a premium for premium figures, it better be close to flawless. When I buy Marvel Legends and the dude's leg is half crooked due to it being stuffed in plastic, I'm fine...that's a $20 dollar fig. When I buy an HT at their retail price and the figure has a crooked joint, I'm not fine...that's a $200 dollar fig.

I just think is the thought that we spent this much that all reasoning better justify the price. Any little defect will just bring that down to reality that we spend to damn much on these figures...although these are little pieces of art.

It's not really about it looking that bad. If we pay a premium for premium figures, it better be close to flawless. When I buy Marvel Legends and the dude's leg is half crooked due to it being stuffed in plastic, I'm fine...that's a $20 dollar fig. When I buy an HT at their retail price and the figure has a crooked joint, I'm not fine...that's a $200 dollar fig.

I just think is the thought that we spent this much that all reasoning better justify the price. Any little defect will just bring that down to reality that we spend to damn much on these figures...although these are little pieces of art.

I agree with you, if I am dropping $200 -$300 plus for a Hot Toys figure it better be flawless. If it bothers you then you should exchange it. I am sure you can re-sell that headsculpt and get a new one.

Obviously, you can see it better in person. That photo does not really show it. So can you make at least some cash back selling the scratched one...with full disclosure of course and with a couple of pix, I am certain it would get sold.

There have been a lot of people who mentioned that they would want one for an Aaron (Bourne Legacy) Cross bash.

That's what I'll probably end up doing...just sucks that I have to do it.

:exactly: :goodpost:

I agree with you, if I am dropping $200 -$300 plus for a Hot Toys figure it better be flawless. If it bothers you then you should exchange it. I am sure you can re-sell that headsculpt and get a new one.

I agree with the both of you. :duff

Received my Hawkeye today, turns out it was in the next town over for nearly two weeks. Anyways, I went and picked it up and spent about an hour getting him all suited up. The quiver was the trickiest part, but it became simpler with the help of a couple tools. Definitely a great way to start 2013, I can't wait for Black Widow.

IMG_1674_zps886baf59.jpg

IMG_1663_zps1185fba1.jpg

IMG_1664_zps69da14ef.jpg

IMG_1666_zpse1c59ff7.jpg

IMG_1672_zpsfd56f74d.jpg

I just got my Hawkeye in today off eBay. He looks far more impressive in person. I just love it!

I'm not sure if this has been brought up before, but I'm curious if there would be any interest for a Loki-possessed Hawkeye. I for one would be totally down! :)

I just got my Hawkeye in today off eBay. He looks far more impressive in person. I just love it!

I'm not sure if this has been brought up before, but I'm curious if there would be any interest for a Loki-possessed Hawkeye. I for one would be totally down! :)

Perhaps a second head sculpt would have been nice for that. Alas, too late now. :(

Perhaps a second head sculpt would have been nice for that. Alas, too late now. :(

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe he also had an entirely different suit as well. I think that would be enough to warrant a new figure. Could even come with a gun as well. :)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe he also had an entirely different suit as well. I think that would be enough to warrant a new figure. Could even come with a gun as well. :)

Technically speaking, he didn't wear *the costume* from the figure until they leave the carrier for New York. Till then it was dark military fatigues and jacket. Very easy to pick up. Most 1/6 manufacturers make similar clothing.

Had the character been more popular, I'd say we could expect an exclusive of him in a different outfit. But I doubt that will happen since he probably ranks last on the fan list. :(

If I had to rank the team by popularity, I'd guess....

1. IM
2. Hulk
3. CA
4. Thor
5. Widow
6. HE

Back