Hot Toys – MMS172 - Avengers: Hawkeye

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Amazing.
People troll the Thor sculpt then turn around and hail the Hawkeye sculpt. Which to my eye is as bad if not worse.
:lol
Oh well...

Ahh man, imo one of the best sculpts HT have done, looks spot on to me! This is a lot better than the Thor IMO.

Ahh man, imo one of the best sculpts HT have done, looks spot on to me! This is a lot better than the Thor IMO.

Totally disagree! I would never guess this was JR if I didn't know and only looked at the figure...Strange to me as well everyone is bashing Thor its NO worse than this or Cap for head sculpt the rest looks great

Man it's amazing what different eyes see, haha! This is spot on Renner to me. Off to others. Madness!

HT makes their figures scowl too harshly. Not everyone's serious face has their brows angling sharply down.

Those complaining about the spoilers are posting in every Avengers characters/figures threads. Whilst I don't agree with deliberate spoilers, you are inevitably going to stumble across things from the movie because you are always in the threads.

Excellent post. I would add the fact these are superhero films, the most predictable genre there is. Nothing that happens in the film should surpise anyone who ever followed any Marvel comic or animated series.

Originally Posted by CaptnRex
Those complaining about the spoilers are posting in every Avengers characters/figures threads. Whilst I don't agree with deliberate spoilers, you are inevitably going to stumble across things from the movie because you are always in the threads.

Excellent post. I would add the fact these are superhero films, the most predictable genre there is. Nothing that happens in the film should surpise anyone who ever followed any Marvel comic or animated series.

And that would be me...because it is happening across all the AVENGERS threads. Holy crap, how difficult can it be to post a line or two in the spoiler tags? Or is it that it represents too much of an intellectual challenge for most spoiler hounds?

So are you saying that people are just too lazy to post any spoilers properly...

and that people that have not seen the film...for whatever personal reasons...have to tolerate being bullied out of threads for figures they are paying hard earned money for and have just as much right to frequent as anyone else...purely because the lazy and self-centred bullies say so,

and no one is bothered about doing a damned thing about it?

You are telling me to avoid this thread until Sept when the Bluray is out..? That's your answer?

Do you really think that is good enough?

I can't see his quiver too well but are the arrowheads in the bottom vertical compartments of his quiver, or displayed at his feet? I've always seen pictures with the arrowheads displayed in front of him, are we going to be able to store them in the quiver?

And that would be me...because it is happening across all the AVENGERS threads. Holy crap, how difficult can it be to post a line or two in the spoiler tags? Or is it that it represents too much of an intellectual challenge for most spoiler hounds?

So are you saying that people are just too lazy to post any spoilers properly...

and that people that have not seen the film...for whatever personal reasons...have to tolerate being bullied out of threads for figures they are paying hard earned money for and have just as much right to frequent as anyone else...purely because the lazy and self-centred bullies say so,

and no one is bothered about doing a damned thing about it?

You are telling me to avoid this thread until Sept when the Bluray is out..? That's your answer?

Do you really think that is good enough?

Good lord. Seriously, if you have the "hard earned money" [clutching my pearls] to buy expensive dolls, you have the money to go see the film.

You are the one who is laughably "self-centred" with your unrealistic expectation that we all cater to those of you who have elected to not see the film (excepting 日本), a film again which is about as predictable as the sunrise.

Between you and clowns trashing virtually every sculpt, these threads are tiresome.

And by the way Loki kills all of the Avengers in the end and destroys the Earth. Just like you would expect in a Marvel Comic. There...the film is spoiled so thoroughly I think buying the BluRay would be a waste of "hard earned money".

So, enough of trying to educate the addlepates...

It is commendable that some expressions are being introduced other than solely the neutral look.

When it's good, it's great (the Michael Keaton BATMAN - bit of a cheat mind you as it is mouth plates only but still really well done, and the Jack Nicholson JOKER).

When it misses, it's never actually by very much..the mouth on Evans (though the cowled head is excellent), the eye-set on Renner (though I think there are way more hits than misses on the HE sculpt), the face shape on Hemsworth (though the new body and better costume will distract from it, plus in hand pix will show of best of all), to name a small few that are of interest to me personally. They look like real people, but the minor elements that miss on such high profile figures as these tends to damage the illusion that it is meant to be the actors in question.

Sadly, unless people are prepared to have their faces laser scanned for the figure then the uniqueness and some say faults of human skill and dexterity (or perceived lack thereof) will remain.

Complaining about is like complaining about the referee in a soccer match when he makes a bad decision. It's all part of the charm, it makes it different and it will probably never change.

I am due to make my second FLEX on this tonight (my time) and I am really looking forward to it.

While I can appreciate the annoyance of having to see spoilers that may be posted in a figure thread sometimes it is unavoidable or just a complete mishap on the posters behalf.

There is no need to keep bashing on about it. We (the mods and Admin) are discussing the matter of Spoilers being raised in Figure threads but I think we all need to accept that there will always be a small amount of overlapping in both the Film and Fig threads when a film comes out. In this hobby of ours there is a cross over between the two so it may happen, that's just the way it goes so whether or not we can do anything remains to be seen, as I say it is being talked about.

There is certainly no point keeping going on about it and now turning a figure thread about a discussion on Spoilers.
If you want to discuss the board 'nettiquette' on spoilers, we have several threads for that.

So please, lets just get back to the discussing the figs in the fig threads.

Thank you.
Shell
x :peace

Back