Hot Toys – MMS172 - Avengers: Hawkeye

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It seems like the perfect time to get some sort of roof top display, just like the corner for Hawkeye to be displayed
Spoiler Spoiler:

This is an excellent idea.

I have seen those wall mini-shelves, er.... what do you call 'em, brackets.... I have seen architectural ones too, but something like this:

https://www.amazon.com/Gothic-Roaring-Bracket-Plaque-Gargoyle/dp/B001GPN5V4

Not this exact one, but you know what I mean. I hope.

I am considering something like this for HT Loki. Then I think that I am going to have him in a closed case, I don't know what I will do at the moment. I have time to mull it over.... I think Hawkeye would look great on an architectural-style wall bracket tho.

I am totally loving this idea. I'm all for battle-posed displays because I get bored of just having them stand there. Plus, I also think the circle thing is going to get boring....unless I make it a ring of fire....Hmmm.

Thanks for the link! Now I've got an interesting summer project to work on. :hi5:

I see he has sun glasses included with his hot toy figure, but I didn't recall him ever wearing sun glasses at all in the film.

Spoiler Spoiler:
:peace

I am totally loving this idea. I'm all for battle-posed displays because I get bored of just having them stand there. Plus, I also think the circle thing is going to get boring....unless I make it a ring of fire....Hmmm.

Thanks for the link! Now I've got an interesting summer project to work on. :hi5:

Always happy to help.

Plus think how awesome Batman and Catwoman would be, each posted on their own bracket, facing off from several feet apart. There's a ton of figures that would be totally appropriate for this sort of thing. You could put Spidey on one of those....

I lack shelf space so I have to get creative :p

i think to be honest everyone of these will sell out thats why i have ordered everyone as soon as they go up, the whole set will look awesome

i think to be honest everyone of these will sell out thats why i have ordered everyone as soon as they go up, the whole set will look awesome

This is the safest bet, it seems like if I wait, I end up paying through the nose for an item that is sold out and going for high secondary market prices.

I really want a Hawkeye but I think the UK price is a bit of a put off, cheapest I can find is £145, I guess that is the normal UK price but dunno, I would rather save it towards an Iron Man (haven't got one yet). Annoyingly I have a £95 amazon gift certificate...which I would love to use on a figure but none on there that I want, Captain America looks good but dunno if I will end up having enough cash to get all of the Avengers.

We usually get charged a fair amount more, when you convert sideshow price to pounds you end up with about £120, obviously there are differences. I got mine for £134.99 (-10%) straight from HK.

Living in the UK really sucks for collecting, now i just accept that i wont get all the nice stuff i want i just appreciate what everyone else gets and be happy for them.

The worst part about collecting over hear is we dont have as many good dealers as the US and most of the time the dealers we do have like FP just take the dollar price and throw a pound sign in front of it.

Yeah I guess there isn't that much difference thinking about it but I would still like to pick it up nearer £100 than £150.

I have a week off in June and going away with girlfriend, was hoping to go somewhere with a Forbidden Planet, do they stock many hot toys in store?

Living in the UK really sucks for collecting, now i just accept that i wont get all the nice stuff i want i just appreciate what everyone else gets and be happy for them.

The worst part about collecting over hear is we dont have as many good dealers as the US and most of the time the dealers we do have like FP just take the dollar price and throw a pound sign in front of it.

Yeah I am finding it really hard to find places that stock any decent figures in the UK. Half the places are either sold out online. Few years ago I think Exter had several shops that stocked hot toys but now they have 0.

I have a week off in June and going away with girlfriend, was hoping to go somewhere with a Forbidden Planet, do they stock many hot toys in store?

the bigger Fp stores tend to stock Hot Toys but the prices will probably be higher than online.

Living in the UK really sucks....we dont have as many good dealers as the US and most of the time the dealers we do have like FP just take the dollar price and throw a pound sign in front of it.

Wow, thats harsh :thud:

Harsh but sadly very true. I have been saying this for ages but it seems not to get over with our American fellow freaks. An example...I bought my DX02 Dark Knight BATMAN from Forbidden Planet at £260 (U.K.). In dollars that makes it (at today's rate) $407 (U.S.)

It is called 'Rip-Off Britain' for a very good reason. :censored

for people in the uk i use a website called onesixthbruce who are brilliant

They do indeed have a great deal on show, but they sadly never have very much stock actually 'in stock'

Last edited:
Harsh but sadly very true. I have been saying this for ages but it seems not to get over with our American fellow freaks. An example...I bought my DX02 Dark Knight BATMAN from Forbidden Planet at £260 (U.K.). In dollars that makes it (at today's rate) $407 (U.S.)

It is called 'Rip-Off Britain' for a very good reason. :censored

They do indeed have a great deal on show, but they sadly never have very much stock actually 'in stock'

Yep, the best one was the "Super" Predators that were about £300 each in some places.

Or sideshows Clonetroopers that started off at around £50 and within two or three releases were upto £80 or £90 even though the prices stayed the same from sideshow.

I used to go to FP for all my trades and figures. Now I use book depository and eBay. I don't get the pleasure of actually touching and browsing but I get to have more for my buck. Don't regret that.

Back