Hot Toys – MMS151 - Spider-Man 3: 1/6th scale New Goblin Official Specs and Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got mine today and unboxed it.

It's a really nice figure! Great quality and attention to detail that HT is generally known for and it is fun to mess around with.

While I think the design is more "Green Ninja" than "Green Goblin", I feel like I got my $95 worth...

Mine came yesterday day as well, keeping it in the brown shipper until Christmas to give me a "i can't wait surprise" feeling...

:horror

You didn't like the Spidey reboot? I loved it. :lecture
I still love the Raimi trilogy but I am really in to Webb's version too. Garfield is perfect as Peter I think, and Emma Stone was a great Gwen. I can't wait for ASM2, even though I'm a little scepticle about Electro as the villain.

There's already been a total Reboot to the Spiderman franchise since that movie. Although it totally sucked, they will be more likely to make new spidey characters than a guy in a green jersey from the movie before that one...

So by that rational they should never have made Keaton bats, Nicholson Joker, or Reeves Superman. Not sure your deduction applies to this hobby.

So by that rational they should never have made Keaton bats, Nicholson Joker, or Reeves Superman. Not sure your deduction applies to this hobby.

You are trying to say Sandman is the equal of Reeve(HT have never made a Reeves Superman) Superman?!?!?!
Or Keaton Batman?!?!?!
Sandman is a guy wearing a striped jersey. They will *never* do Sandman...
*Never*.
They'd be more likely to make a "Driving his Lamborghini" Bruce Wayne.
And that won't happen either.
My argument is that he was a third rate baddie in an okay movie.
Siperman and black spidey are coolio.
New Goblin was understandable(But not that profitable based on the recent $90-off sale), but they will never make a sandman figure.

You are trying to say Sandman is the equal of Reeve(HT have never made a Reeves Superman) Superman?!?!?!
Or Keaton Batman?!?!?!
Sandman is a guy wearing a striped jersey. They will *never* do Sandman...
*Never*.
They'd be more likely to make a "Driving his Lamborghini" Bruce Wayne.
And that won't happen either.
My argument is that he was a third rate baddie in an okay movie.
Siperman and black spidey are coolio.
New Goblin was understandable(But not that profitable based on the recent $90-off sale), but they will never make a sandman figure.

No. I understand what your saying. But look how long it took them to give us Reeve, Keaton, and Nicholson. Those movies have been gone for decades and they still managed to bring them back to the forefront with these new figures. Saying that "because there is a new spidey film they will never go backward and produce those figures" is like saying because the prequels came out they will never do OT Star Wars again. Or because Pirates 4 came out they won't go back to make the other movie figures. Wait...they already did that. Dammit. I had a point somewhere. Let me find it and ill get back to you.

No. I understand what your saying. But look how long it took them to give us Reeve, Keaton, and Nicholson. Those movies have been gone for decades and they still managed to bring them back to the forefront with these new figures. Saying that "because there is a new spidey film they will never go backward and produce those figures" is like saying because the prequels came out they will never do OT Star Wars again. Or because Pirates 4 came out they won't go back to make the other movie figures. Wait...they already did that. Dammit. I had a point somewhere. Let me find it and ill get back to you.

For sure. I didn't mean that because there had been a newer movie they wouldn't go back.
My point was that no-one would buy him, and he was a lousy character(Sideshow might do a statue, but what would a figure possibly have that would make him worth buying?).
I am sure that HT will mine many past legends of stage and screen eventually.
But Sandman is not one of them i'm afraid...

For sure. I didn't mean that because there had been a newer movie they wouldn't go back.
My point was that no-one would buy him, and he was a lousy character(Sideshow might do a statue, but what would a figure possibly have that would make him worth buying?).
I am sure that HT will mine many past legends of stage and screen eventually.
But Sandman is not one of them i'm afraid...

Forget Sandman give us VENOM,!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! well not spiderman 3 version but a ComicBook version, a big monstrous venom like this
venom_by_nebezial.jpg

Forget Sandman give us VENOM,!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! well not spiderman 3 version but a ComicBook version, a big monstrous venom like this
venom_by_nebezial.jpg

Hard to imagine how you would go about that. It would need to be a custom sculpted new muscle body. Not impossible. But i doubt anyone would want to pay the premium for this single use body.
I once sculpted a Mac Gargan Venom head for a client in the US. so the head isn't too hard:

Mac_Gargan.jpg

CIMG1702.jpg

CIMG1703.jpg

CIMG1698.jpg

CIMG1699.jpg

CIMG1700.jpg

CIMG1701.jpg

Hard to imagine how you would go about that. It would need to be a custom sculpted new muscle body. Not impossible. But i doubt anyone would want to pay the premium for this single use body.
I once sculpted a Mac Gargan Venom head for a client in the US. so the head isn't too hard:

Mac_Gargan.jpg

CIMG1702.jpg

CIMG1703.jpg

CIMG1698.jpg

CIMG1699.jpg

CIMG1700.jpg

CIMG1701.jpg

Your good. SSC should give you a job. You can move to Calif where you will only seen rain 3 to 5 days a year. OH and Dirt we have alot of it.

Very nice sculpt. I for one would love a sandman. I would buy a HT version of the character because I thought he was bad ass in the fight scenes. Not so much as a whole in the movie but a figure doesn't have to be epic in a movie to be made. We've already seen that quite a bit. Some of HT choices for figures to me are a bit absurd so I wouldn't rule anything out. I mean sucker punch figures? Resident evil figures? Sweeney Todd? Some people may love these characters or even just want the figures but I don't see the appeal. But far be it for me to tell someone else what they should like or are likely to make.

My favorite characters are from the Star Wars original trilogy and are 30 plus year old movies. Granted Star Wars is a huge movie merchandise machine but you get what I'm saying. For me, I saw no need to make Keaton Bats or joker. I still don't want a Reeve superman not because I don't love those movies or characters but I just don't want them in my collection. I'm not going to tell someone else that the character they like or want HT to make will never be made because it is a terrible character.

I'm still hoping for sandman green goblin and doc Oc. Maybe its a fools hope but its all I've got right now.

Don't get me wrong, I'd more than likely purchase some of them, but to be honest, with the current increase in HT products without any real improvement in quality, I wouldn't buy all of them.

Raimi made two great Spidey films and one ok film, even though I loved them all cause well, I just love anything Spidey to be honest, but I would rather HT focus on the Webb series on film's fromnow on. I don't get why some people on here don't like the new film and would rather HT focus on Raimi films rather than the current Webb films.

I may be slightly biased here because as much as I loved the Raimi trilogy, I do prefer TASM and have high hopes for number 2. I'm a little dissapointed that between four Spidey movies we've gotten 4 HT (when The Joker has had more HT himself) but I have faith HT will do more with the release of TASM2. I am still hoping that they do at least 1 more figure from TASM, but I ain't holding my breath.

I'm all up for making more ASM figs. I like both movies. I'm just hoping for more from both series. After all they did make yet another joker even after a new villain was made. Going back seems to be more ht style as of late.

Back