Hot Toys – MMS151 - Spider-Man 3: 1/6th scale New Goblin Official Specs and Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm all up for making more ASM figs. I like both movies. I'm just hoping for more from both series. After all they did make yet another joker even after a new villain was made. Going back seems to be more ht style as of late.

I agree mate. :lecture
HT seems to always go for the uniquely designed characters, it baffles me why we have not seen a Green Goblin yet. :cuckoo:

Prk
Haha. I'm not good enough to work for a firm like that.
The new sculptors normally work with Zbrush anyway.

Well if it means anything to you. For the I have seen you do. You do. Don't sell your self short. As for ssc they are just Ok. They have the backing that all. It's not like they make anything past the prototype.

Prk

Well if it means anything to you. For the I have seen you do. You do. Don't sell your self short. As for ssc they are just Ok. They have the backing that all. It's not like they make anything past the prototype.

I couldn't move to the US, as much as i'd like to.
I have a house and a car and a cat here in Scotland.
:rotfl

I couldn't move to the US, as much as i'd like to.
I have a house and a car and a cat here in Scotland.
:rotfl

You don't have too this is 2012/13. Why do you think I don't move out there. :) if you can get your feet damp you can get them wet. But you don't want to move. Look at my older emails to you and you can get a idea. It can't hurt.

I agree mate. :lecture
HT seems to always go for the uniquely designed characters, it baffles me why we have not seen a Green Goblin yet. :cuckoo:

Yup. Unique characters and looks seem to be what they are all about. Green Goblin should have been made ages ago. But, in my mind, if they did Keaton bats and joker then they should do GG and Doc Oc at least. They've already done the sandman base so it seems like a no brainer.

Yup. Unique characters and looks seem to be what they are all about. Green Goblin should have been made ages ago. But, in my mind, if they did Keaton bats and joker then they should do GG and Doc Oc at least. They've already done the sandman base so it seems like a no brainer.

I can imagine the Goblin is a tough one to make because of the costume.
And the same with Doc Oc. Those arms would be tough to replicate.

I'm sure they are but I'm also sure ht can pull it off. If they can make the new dark knight DX 12 they can make the goblin. And if they can make iron man and all his intricacies they should be able to make the doc.

Hard to imagine how you would go about that. It would need to be a custom sculpted new muscle body. Not impossible. But i doubt anyone would want to pay the premium for this single use body.
I once sculpted a Mac Gargan Venom head for a client in the US. so the head isn't too hard:

Mac_Gargan.jpg

CIMG1702.jpg

CIMG1703.jpg

CIMG1698.jpg

CIMG1699.jpg

CIMG1700.jpg

CIMG1701.jpg

^
How much would you charge for a custom Sandman figure?

I can imagine the Goblin is a tough one to make because of the costume.
And the same with Doc Oc. Those arms would be tough to replicate.

Agreed. And should the glider be included, I can't imagine it being lowly priced either. I suppose there is hope, but I wouldn't think there's a lot. :gah:

Agreed. And should the glider be included, I can't imagine it being lowly priced either. I suppose there is hope, but I wouldn't think there's a lot. :gah:

I could make a glider easily enough, but the costume would be a nightmare to work out the logistics of which parts would be solid and which parts would flex. It looks like it's made of solid plastic in the movie, and the times when he is at his most flexible seemed to be the CG shots.
It's no good making a figure and a glider and he can't get to all the positions he's supposed to.

^
How much would you charge for a custom Sandman figure?

I am not that great doing human faces i'm afraid. I am great with aliens and creatures...
:)

I could make a glider easily enough, but the costume would be a nightmare to work out the logistics of which parts would be solid and which parts would flex. It looks like it's made of solid plastic in the movie, and the times when he is at his most flexible seemed to be the CG shots.
It's no good making a figure and a glider and he can't get to all the positions he's supposed to.

I am not that great doing human faces i'm afraid. I am great with aliens and creatures...
:)

I have most of the parts I need for the costume and figure. I really just need a good head sculpt and the glider. I've made a few feeble attempts at trying to put a custom bash together using the 12" movie figure but none that look good.
4c026df2.jpg
9b8654a5.jpg

Let me know when you make my glider so I can send you my address.

Wow,that's a good Green Goblin figure,how did you make him?
Can you take some more pics of him,and some with his mask on?

Wow,that's a good Green Goblin figure,how did you make him?
Can you take some more pics of him,and some with his mask on?

I've since taken it apart but I still have all the pieces. It's from the 12" movie collector series that had Mary Jane in the red Chinese dress and Peter with a rubber removable mask.
yna2e5ap.jpg
ara3agar.jpg

I just swapped the body to a SS buck and bought a cast of a Willem Defoe head from Platoon. The heads a bit big and the fabric on the costume sucks but the armor pieces are decent. It didn't come with a glider. Since I heard HT coming out with the spiderman 3 line I abandoned my efforts in hopes that they would produce a much better one. Ill take some pics when I get a chance this weekend.

I have most of the parts I need for the costume and figure. I really just need a good head sculpt and the glider. I've made a few feeble attempts at trying to put a custom bash together using the 12" movie figure but none that look good.
4c026df2.jpg
9b8654a5.jpg

Let me know when you make my glider so I can send you my address.

The first pic has the Defoe head but the second pic has a Mr. Orange/Tim Roth head from reservoir dogs. Not too bad.

Just wondering, can this guy's unmasked head fit on a standard TrueType neck without mods? And does anyone have any complaints with this figure I should look out for? Either way, I think I might pick him up, and I was hoping to use the head for a kit bash of something. :)

Last edited:
Just wondering, can this guy's unmasked head fit on a standard TrueType neck without mods? And does anyone have any complaints with this figure I should look out for? Either way, I think I might pick him up, and I was hoping to use the head for a kit bash of something. :)

Yeah. Fits on any neck. I can take pics of the head on other necks if you want.
This one is actually quite impressive, not just for the great sculpt but for the amount of cool extras you get with him and for the flying base too.
I have mine *gracing* the furthest away bottom shelf of my two detolfs(Along with a Hasbro Zuckuss, a 1/18 Iron Patriot, and two NASA coins that have been in space), but i still like the figure and the attention to detail on it.

IMG_2615_zps7cd00db5.jpg

Yeah. Fits on any neck. I can take pics of the head on other necks if you want.
This one is actually quite impressive, not just for the great sculpt but for the amount of cool extras you get with him and for the flying base too.
I have mine *gracing* the furthest away bottom shelf of my two detolfs(Along with a Hasbro Zuckuss, a 1/18 Iron Patriot, and two NASA coins that have been in space), but i still like the figure and the attention to detail on it.

IMG_2615_zps7cd00db5.jpg
Awesome display!! That's a great Superman collection, and I'll bet not many people have coins like that! :clap Thanks for the info about the neck! That should be enough for me to make plans, I can't wait!

I'm glad you're happy with the likeness and accessories, I think I'll be really happy with this. I've been putting it off, but seeing those Oz previews reminded me of it again. :lol Gonna get it before I have to resort to ebay! :D

Back