Hot Toys – MMS151 - Spider-Man 3: 1/6th scale New Goblin Official Specs and Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gotta say, HT is really dropping the ball when it comes to Marvel villians. So far we've gotten Whiplash and now Lame Goblin :huh

So much potential, but we get two of the lamest villians the Marvel flims have to offer.

Whiplash rocked. Colorful villain and the figure is outstanding (all IMO). But who cares about harry osborne?? he's not even a real bad guy. How did this idea get out of committee??

Overall Whiplash was interesting I guess... but seems if I there was a master wishlist out there he wouldn't even crack the top 10.

Weird how we can get a James Franco likeness pretty close and yet Harrison Ford's likeness seems so unattainable...

Nice, figure but i wont be buying this at all... i hated it in the film, such a waste... this could kill the Spidey line if no one bites...

M.

Overall Whiplash was interesting I guess... but seems if I there was a master wishlist out there he wouldn't even crack the top 10.

Agreed. He was cool but not on my top ten list either. Harry jr. doesn't make the top 50 for me. Nice looking figure, but not a good pick.

On the bright side, my wallet could use a breather.

I'm hoping this is a case where there is stuff going on behind the curtain we just don't know about, like licensing issues, or contracts or something. The alternative is that someone at HT thinks this should take priority over other projects.

I wonder if the original Goblin mask is going to be a Sideshow exclusive for this figure. Didn't we see a teaser with that mask early on? Just a thought.

I wonder if the original Goblin mask is going to be a Sideshow exclusive for this figure. Didn't we see a teaser with that mask early on? Just a thought.

Even if it's not, Hot Toys will do the Green Goblin as a figure in the future. Good idea though. :clap

Looks very good. The likeness is excellent, even if I don't buy the figure I'd be tempted to pick up the headsculpt on ebay.

Just...what is with HT choosing the least popular film and the least popular villain.

Just...what is with HT choosing the least popular film and the least popular villain.

Because it makes a cool figure. Even if the character does nothing for you. I see certain collectors buying this just cause it looks cool, and makes a neat figure. I feel nothing for the character,(well that's not entirely true, i liked his character in SM2) but hot damn would it look cool on display.

I might get it if i can find it cheap. Leave it to HT to make you want to buy figures you have little interest in :)

Accomplish that SS/Medicom!

(I will be happy if we get a GG with Dafoe sculpt)

Last edited:
I think Whiplash made a lot of sense because HT was going all out with the Iron Man 2 line, and that was the most recognizable and interesting looking bad guy from the film (Whiplash V2 wasn't even in the commercials and the drones looked a bit generic and forgettable IMO. Justin Hammer is just a guy in a suit).

Franco Goblin though. . .the 3rd most desirable villain figure from that very film! Much less in the franchise, where he also falls behind Doc Ock, V1 Goblin, JJJ, hell, maybe even Macho Man.

This is just as big as a wtf than the Abigail Whistler figure. May end up in my collection but there's so many better characters coming out soon - Magneto, Cap, Superman, Indy, Solid Snake, to name a few.

Abigail Whistler may have made some sense from HT's perspective if they wanted to capitalize on the popularity (and sexiness) of the actress. I guess it's the same thing here--Franco was an Academy Award nominated actor and is in reasonably high demand nowadays. Moreso than the mechanic from Wings or guy from That 70s Show, anyway. But if so, I'm not sure that that's a strategy that will pay off. I don't think folks buy HT figures for those reasons.

I'm hoping this is a case where there is stuff going on behind the curtain we just don't know about, like licensing issues, or contracts or something. The alternative is that someone at HT thinks this should take priority over other projects.

That is my guess... I can't imagine a staff meeting where people all decided this was the villain to make :lol :huh

Because it makes a cool figure. Even if the character does nothing for you. I see certain collectors buying this just cause it looks cool, and makes a neat figure. I feel nothing for the character,(well that's not entirely true, i liked his character in SM2) but hot damn would it look cool on display.

Probably right... but its just such a weak-ass looking character to me. Nothing about it really screams Marvel. Just a goony looking sky-snowboarder :huh

I think HT just maybe WANTED to do it. Cool board/Light up/neat gear etc.

I think a lot of HK collectors will be into this.
(only way i will get it if it's sub 150 somewhere)

GG with Dafoe sculpt totally different story.
Nothing about it really screams Marvel. Just a goony looking sky-snowboarder :huh

One of the Raimi dealios that make you go WTH? One of the reasons i look forward to the reboot for once.)

This isn't a figure i particularly want, but i have to say the headsculpt is outstanding and the figure overall looks great.

Back