Hot Toys – MMS132 - Iron Man 2: Mark VI full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
this is a great figure. I thought at first that I wouldn't like the triangular arc reactor as well as the round, but now it is my favorite. The detail on this figure is fantastic.

Cool IV and War Machine poses. :hi5:
:exactly:

Congrats! :hi5:

:hi5:

this is a great figure. I thought at first that I wouldn't like the triangular arc reactor as well as the round, but now it is my favorite. The detail on this figure is fantastic.

I feel the same. I really didn't like the triangular reactor and battle damage when first announced, now I'm having hard time not admitting I like it more than MKIV.

and i'm still at debate with myself wether to go with IV or VI .. the circular arc reactor is iconic but i also like the design of the VI .. i like both heads these 2 Armors come with "Tony Starks head in the IV and Stark head in Mask (VI)" .. still don't care much about the battle damaged Parts, i find myself one day liking the IV more.. the next day i like the VI More .. but only have enough $$$ to buy one.

Hi everyone, it's my first post.... just got into collecting these 1/6th recreations about 2 weeks ago and bought Mark III, IV and VI (I have only received VI so far, IV just shipped and I just bought III of ebay 2 days ago).... I will be keeping all of them boxed.... I will also be purchasing V and War Machine next week.... I would like to open one of these 5 models that I've purchased and will probably be unboxing V..... just wondering if you guys think there will be a good re-sale markey for Mark V.... if so, I will have to buy 2 as it's the cheapest one right now lol.... generally speaking, what's the price difference between new and used?

I don't get the point of buying any toy and not opening it but this especially true of 1/6 scale stuff. If you're looking to invest, invest. Don't buy toys.

Hi everyone, it's my first post.... just got into collecting these 1/6th recreations about 2 weeks ago and bought Mark III, IV and VI (I have only received VI so far, IV just shipped and I just bought III of ebay 2 days ago).... I will be keeping all of them boxed.... I will also be purchasing V and War Machine next week.... I would like to open one of these 5 models that I've purchased and will probably be unboxing V..... just wondering if you guys think there will be a good re-sale markey for Mark V.... if so, I will have to buy 2 as it's the cheapest one right now lol.... generally speaking, what's the price difference between new and used?

The most upfront, honest, and courageous query about flipping :lol

I like to always keep my options open.... basically I really like the models and was thinking about starting a display, but if the resale market heats up for them then I will most certainly consider selling them.... however I want to have at least one on display because I think these items are works of art.... I also got a little discouraged about the paint fade issue so I figured I might stave off some of those problems keeping them in boxes.... it's not my intention to sell any of these items in the next 10 years to be honest, I like them too much....

I didn't realize the possibility of flipping them was taboo, I apologize if I've offended anyone! I just wanted to ask the opinion of the posters here since it seems there are a lot of dedicated and long time collectors here.... I will definitely refrain from this type of question in the future if it is frowned upon :)

Last edited:
and i'm still at debate with myself wether to go with IV or VI .. the circular arc reactor is iconic but i also like the design of the VI .. i like both heads these 2 Armors come with "Tony Starks head in the IV and Stark head in Mask (VI)" .. still don't care much about the battle damaged Parts, i find myself one day liking the IV more.. the next day i like the VI More .. but only have enough $$$ to buy one.

IV is coming back out wth the gantry...VI was, it seems, one and done...get the VI! You WILL NOT regret it!

I like to always keep my options open.... basically I really like the models and was thinking about starting a display, but if the resale market heats up for them then I will most certainly consider selling them.... however I want to have at least one on display because I think these items are works of art.... I also got a little discourage about the paint fade issue so I figured I might stave off some of those problems keeping them in boxes.... it's not my intention to sell any of these items in the next 10 years to be honest, I like them too much....

I didn't realize the possibility of flipping them was taboo, I apologize if I've offended anyone! I just wanted to ask the opinion of the posters here since it seems there are a lot of dedicated and long time collectors here.... I will definitely refrain from this type of question in the future if it is frowned upon :)

Concerning the fade issue, that can occur even if left in the box. My Iron Man MKIII BD has been in the box and has not been displayed due to lack of space and it has a very small amount of fading. The MK V will go up in value unless HT re-releases it later. Take your toys out of the box and enjoy them. I do even if I can't display them all right now.

If you are going to sell them in the future and want to get the most value of them just leave them in the box.

If you want to see them in full detail and their awesomeness you need to take them out, you can not truly enjoy their awesomeness in the box

Thanks for your answers guys... I will definitely be displaying one or more, I just like to have backups in boxes too.... I've always been a bit OCD about that, I bought some cheap $20 iron man toys from Target and left them in the plastic.... the same way that I kept my Fantastic 4 death of Torch comic in its original plastic wrapping lol.... Have always been like that, even as a kid, kept all my comics in original plastic if they came like that.... I like to keep my stuff pristine....

Regarding the fade issue, if I keep them in an air conditioned room should I worry? or is it really a question of the plastic making contact with the rubber parts of the figure and somehow having an effect?

Light is the real issue. Sunlight in particular but even artificial light can be an issue. All dye fades from light exposure. The problem with the rubber parts fading is just that they fade faster than the plastic.

Light is the real issue. Sunlight in particular but even artificial light can be an issue. All dye fades from light exposure. The problem with the rubber parts fading is just that they fade faster than the plastic.
:exactly::goodpost: That's what happened to my BD Mark III. The rubber trunk area is now a lighter faded Metallic reddish/pink compared to the other candy red plastic parts.

So basically, avoid light if you can. I'm a weirdo who spends most of my time in nearly total darkness so my toys don't really get exposed to light unless I'm taking pictures. Even during the day I have shutters that block out pretty much all light.

Back