Hot Toys – MMS132 - Iron Man 2: Mark VI full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So basically, avoid light if you can. I'm a weirdo who spends most of my time in nearly total darkness so my toys don't really get exposed to light unless I'm taking pictures. Even during the day I have shutters that block out pretty much all light.

But then how would you get around displaying stuff without lights? I believe you're talking about direct/focussed lights, right? If one has to use, at all, which ones would be the best (LED?).

Also, you sound like a vampire! :wink1: Is it anything to do with photography, if I may ask.

I'm overly light sensitive. Have been since I was little and it's only gotten worse as I've gotten older. The only light I have in my bedroom is a single 15wat incandescent Tiffany desk lamp.

How do you display stuff without lights? I display stuff without lights. I have better than average night vision and don't need a lot of light to see. Like I said, I'm a weirdo.

I know they make UV protective glass. I would imagine such glass in a diaplay cabinet would go a long way to prevent fading.

I'm overly light sensitive. Have been since I was little and it's only gotten worse as I've gotten older. The only light I have in my bedroom is a single 15wat incandescent Tiffany desk lamp.

How do you display stuff without lights? I display stuff without lights. I have better than average night vision and don't need a lot of light to see. Like I said, I'm a weirdo.

I know they make UV protective glass. I would imagine such glass in a diaplay cabinet would go a long way to prevent fading.

Oh ok. Wow! I apologise, but I never ever heard of sensitivity from light. I am sure it must be quite rare. But this actually makes you exclusive, and not a weirdo :)

UV protective glass, hmmm, shall think about it.

It's not a medical condition or anything. It's just harder for me to see in super bright light (particularly anything direct and overhead) and I just feel more comfortable in the dark. Sunlight doesn't really bother me, it's mostly just direct artificial light. Fluorescents in particular really bother the hell out of me, but I know that's not terribly uncommon.

So anyway, yeah, light, UV light in particular breaks down dyes. Just take a piece of colored construction paper and leave it half in the sun and half out of the sun for a day or two. You'll notice a HUGE difference in the two halves. Some dyes and materials are more resistant than others but, like I said, everything eventually fades.

Just wanna share my current set up with WM

IMG-20110915-00024.jpg

IMG-20110915-00022.jpg

IMG-20110915-00018.jpg

IMG-20110915-00017.jpg

IMG-20110915-00016.jpg

Sorry for the quality....used a phone camera..but these 2 figures complement each other so well!

Like I said before, I don't know for sure, but it's possible that being in the box for an extended period may also cause fading due to some sort of chemical interaction. All I know is that neither my Mark II or original Mark III have any fading.

That's so small a sample size as to be meaningless though so who knows. All I know for sure is that light does cause fading of everything, UV in particular so avoiding light when possible will not hurt.

I know what you are saying about the UV causing fading. It particularly affects red colors. It is weird that my BD MKIII has not been taken out of the box and has fading mainly in the diaper area.

How many of you plan on making an armor gallery?
How many of you are going to use the LED bases?
How many of you like this new base (looks like a closet to me)?

I personally am going to make an Ironman gallery using the LED bases from Hot toys. The way I got it figured I need three, one for the MK 1, MK III, and the MK VI. The MK II unleased already comes with one, the MK 4, and MK V as well.

I'm still on the fence about one for War Machine, now If I could just score a MK 1 figure for what I can afford I'd be set.

How many of you plan on making an armor gallery?
How many of you are going to use the LED bases?
How many of you like this new base (looks like a closet to me)?
No armor gallery/Hall of Armor display for me. I do like the LED bases and swap them in occasionally for display.

I'd love to assemble a gallery but getting all the other versions is absolutely outta my budget! I really REALLY want the others (all I've got is Mark VI and War Machine) but I can't afford them now, and they're only going to get more expensive as time goes on. I wish Hot Toys would do...like...second editions or whatever.
Oh well.
:dunno

I'm trying to considering all things; it gives me a reason to get out of bed in the morning.

I have MK II coming, but will probably trade it out for the MK II Unleashed if I'm able. I have both MK III, but will display the BD version will his un-damaged parts. I have MK IV, MK V is pre-ordered, and I have MK VI. I'm trying my best to get the last two I need at a price that doesn't cost me my meds for the month (MK 1 and Tony Stark Mech Test).

My goal/dream is to have MK 1 lined up all the way to MK VI on the LED bases and have the Tony Stark Mech Test figure standing in front of them all (minus the back drop).
So far no luck with the two rarest, everyone keeps trying to get rich off them.

Back