Hot Toys – MMS132 - Iron Man 2: Mark VI full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone realised that the triangle arc reactor is not aligned with the chest plate's triangle? What we see thru the triangle chest plate is the round mechanical part.

Anyone realised that the triangle arc reactor is not aligned with the chest plate's triangle? What we see thru the triangle chest plate is the round mechanical part.

I was wondering that too. Just throw the triangle chest piece on the Mk IV and problem solved for people who don't like the all gold thighs or silver parts on a normal Mk VI

Should I try getting on the waitlist for the exclusive or just order the regular somewhere else?

It cant hurt to get on the WL. It might convert since I'd say we're a couple months out of it shipping.

Because one is the Arc Reactor (Round with a tri-angle core) and the other is the Chest Repulsor Transmitter(Triangle window)...

Roughly what we should see through the tri-angle window. Borowing wookster's pic:
sizecomp1-1.jpg

but HT wants to include the new Arc Reactor, as the did with the 1/6 Mk. 4 that has older Arc Reactor (& not a Chest RT).

I was wondering that too. Just throw the triangle chest piece on the Mk IV and problem solved for people who don't like the all gold thighs or silver parts on a normal Mk VI

Assuming it will fit, it'll leave a gapping hole in front of the Arc Reactor of Mk. 4 torso.

To solve the problem of Gold/Silver parts... swap the arms and legs with that of Mk.4's

I have the MKVI bust. It does not seem accurate. The 1/6 figure is more movie accurate. However, HT will need to lower the triangular chest plate so that it's aligned with the new triangular arc reactor.
It really bothers me to see the top of the round mechanical part & only part of the small triangle thru the chest plate.

I have the MKVI bust. It does not seem accurate. The 1/6 figure is more movie accurate. However, HT will need to lower the triangular chest plate so that it's aligned with the new triangular arc reactor.
It really bothers me to see the top of the round mechanical part & only part of the small triangle thru the chest plate.

The triangle Chest RT is higher then the Arc Reactor....

B.t.w. the Chest RT is not the Arc Reactor (with the new core), they do not have to be aligned. It happens that HT want to use the light from the Arc Reactor for the Chest RT, ideally both should have it's own light, but it'll be more complicated to build/design/impliment

ArcReactor is the power source,...... the Chest RT is device that generate Repulsors, as an offensive projectile energy or for propulsion to move/for flight.

The triangle Chest RT is higher then the Arc Reactor....

B.t.w. the Chest RT is not the Arc Reactor (with the new core), they do not have to be aligned. It happens that HT want to use the light from the Arc Reactor for the Chest RT, ideally both should have it's own light, but it'll be more complicated to build/design/impliment

ArcReactor is the power source,...... the Chest RT is device that generate Repulsors, as an offensive projectile energy or for propulsion to move/for flight.

Great post!

Has anyone noticed that those gold strips on the collar area of the armor is missing on the Mark VI figure but is present on the Mark IV?

Has anyone noticed that those gold strips on the collar area of the armor is missing on the Mark VI figure but is present on the Mark IV?

I noticed that and other minor differences, like the chest RT on the VI is triangular instead of round like on the Mk IV, and the bicep and upper thighs are all gold with bits of silver instead of red and gold like the Mk IV, i dont know why they would make the VI so much more different than the IV, whats up with HTs? :cuckoo: its still a prototype so hopefully this is all resolved before its release... :lol

Maybe because it is supposed to be different? (sarcasm) lol I mean the triangular arc reactor is what made the suit so awesome in the movie and this figure so desirable...

He tweaks the suit so it will be different. Just like there are parts of the Mark IV that are different than the Mark III.

Um...no I think you guys are misunderstanding me. Both the Mark IV and VI suits in the film had gold plating on the collarbone area, but on the HT figures the Mark VI is missing that detail.

Um...no I think you guys are misunderstanding me. Both the Mark IV and VI suits in the film had gold plating on the collarbone area, but on the HT figures the Mark VI is missing that detail.

Oh :lol well even so maybe it will be fixed by the time the figure is released

So, is this guy so popular that once it's sold out at say, bbts, they won't have more once it ships? Seems like war machine is popular but so readily available since it launched. I really want him but I'm torn about dropping $200 right now...if it were february, I would totally do it.

Oh :lol well even so maybe it will be fixed by the time the figure is released

Yeah. It's not a big deal. I only noticed it because I was watching some of the special features on my IM2 blu ray and was flipping through this thread on my phone and thought it was odd that that detail was present on the Mark IV figure but not Mark VI.

markvichestplate2.png
18879387.jpg

Back