Hot Toys – MMS132 - Iron Man 2: Mark VI full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The answer is simple. The Mark IV looks a lot like the Mark III, especially in paint design to the Mark III BD. While most fans can pick apart the differences, there were at least three threads on these boards already, the general fan or "common fan" if you will without the fandom that some have like myself will say "I've already got the Mark III, I don't need the Mark IV". The Mark VI has the triangular chest plating and the steel accents and will look remarkably different compared to the other marks so people are going for that over the IV.

Makes sense thanks for clearing that up, Im only going to get one IM figure for my collection so I guess it didnt occur to me.

MK III is quite different in design compared to the MKIV which is the same design as the MKVI, aside from the different chest plate.

I have Mk IV ordered but if people are still seeing the neck problem I might cancel it and get the Mk VI anywhere else to still preorder?

The answer is simple. The Mark IV looks a lot like the Mark III, especially in paint design to the Mark III BD. While most fans can pick apart the differences, there were at least three threads on these boards already, the general fan or "common fan" if you will without the fandom that some have like myself will say "I've already got the Mark III, I don't need the Mark IV". The Mark VI has the triangular chest plating and the steel accents and will look remarkably different compared to the other marks so people are going for that over the IV.

also, the mkVI was used on the posters and in advertising, which makes it a more recognizable/preferred IM2 figure :lecture

Take a look at the screen cap, and then the figure. The figure's shoulders are sculpted as if the munitions are permanently deployed because it completely hides the gold parts on the collar/clavicle area of the suit. Compare with the Mark IV figure below.
I've been looking at some photos of the Mark VI, and while you're right that the shoulders appear to be sculpted in the "deployed" position, they actually still slide significantly farther forward when deploying the shoulder munitions; compare the distance between the shoulder place and the silver circle on the chest in the photo below. Further, I found a single photo where the gold plating actually exists on the Mark VI like it does on the Mark IV; I'm not sure what that means or why it's there when it doesn't exist in any other photo, but it gives me a little hope.

mark6shoulders.jpg

I've been looking at some photos of the Mark VI, and while you're right that the shoulders appear to be sculpted in the "deployed" position, they actually still slide significantly farther forward when deploying the shoulder munitions; compare the distance between the shoulder place and the silver circle on the chest in the photo below. Further, I found a single photo where the gold plating actually exists on the Mark VI like it does on the Mark IV; I'm not sure what that means or why it's there when it doesn't exist in any other photo, but it gives me a little hope.

mark6shoulders.jpg

Veezy714 already mentioned the Mark VI bust so I won't repeat, but I'm glad you pointed out the middle pic in which the shoulder armor slides even further forward when the munitions pop out. It looks like it will slide down and onto the chestplate. :lol

Well thats nice those are the first pics I have seen that has the triangle arc reactor under the outter armor...it looks sweet the first prototype pics had the outter triangle over the same underarmor as the mkIV

Until we see one in hand it'll be difficult to show the piece off fairly. I am interested to see it directly next to a Mark IV though.

You know this for sure? It was amongst all of the other 1/6 figure images; perhaps the article was comparing it to the bust?

Found this old post from Bandito conveniently 50 pages ago, so little time wasted searching. :yess:

Restated many times: ArcReactor is not Chest RT.... even the movie prop designers/prop makers use the wrong term on the Videos.

Pic. 05 (below) is the 1/4 Mk.5 bust.... all the rest of the pics show the semi-circle through the window of the 12".
20100801a3c340cdb52816b.jpg

Back