Hot Toys – MMS132 - Iron Man 2: Mark VI full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What gaps are you taking about?

Compared to Mark VI, the Mark III has puffy shoulder armour, and a gap between the chest and the shoulder armour. The Mark VI's armour looks pretty good so far:)

No kidding. People complain about elbow joints. Mark 3 has pins for shoulders. Always hated that. Thin or not those joint kill any illusion of being a dude in a suit.

It never bothered me until i did some weathering to the figure(don't worry its safe:lol just a kit,like makeup that can be washed off:)) and some of the powder fell under the shoulder and now has covered the peg holding the arm to the body ..looks aweful now when you see the gap becuase now its a dusty looking gap, may try and stick a cotton bud in there and wipe it off.

the thing with the mark 3 that i think throws the illusion and makes it look really toy like is those damn ball hips. its like a marvel legends figure or something...

the iv and vi seem to have avoided the cleverly. lets hope.

I can't see how they can eliminate tha gap without loosing articulation. Just like in any pictures the posing and angle will hide it and I would say that even any of the upcoming marks will have this gap and its just not showing in any respectable picture

I can't see how they can eliminate tha gap without loosing articulation. Just like in any pictures the posing and angle will hide it and I would say that even any of the upcoming marks will have this gap and its just not showing in any respectable picture

There is a substantial redesign of the shoulder pauldrons from the Mark 3 to Marks 4 thru 6.

How effective obviously remains to be seen...but we're looking at improved hip/torso articulation as well.

"If you can make god bleed, then people will cease to believe in him."

Give the crew at HT a chance ... the genie is out of the bottle.

HT always has the benefit of the doubt with me just ppl here need to stop setting themselves up for disappointment by having realistic expectations or just not try to set any. Like WM gap is better as it is a bulkier design and indeed compromised on some articulation

(ZIPCOOLO's posted pics..)

Without connection(s) to the ARC reactor... it's just an armoured glove

171502y7w7g3cjnewye4we.jpg

171452hf16wuv8ibp1a6ag.jpg

Really hope Hot Toys doesn't botch anything on this figure compared to the Mark IV, which turned out so excellent. The only real differences are the shoulder rockets and the face-in-the-helmet. Hopefully neither of those things somehow hinder articulation or result in a giraffe neck (like what happened with the battle-damaged Mark III). Hopefully the paint is no less glossy, either.

Really hope Hot Toys doesn't botch anything on this figure compared to the Mark IV, which turned out so excellent. The only real differences are the shoulder rockets and the face-in-the-helmet. Hopefully neither of those things somehow hinder articulation or result in a giraffe neck (like what happened with the battle-damaged Mark III). Hopefully the paint is no less glossy, either.

Are those really the only differences?

Wasn't his "clean" look still not 100% shiny clean like the IV, like he still has some scuffs on him :dunno

Are those really the only differences?

Wasn't his "clean" look still not 100% shiny clean like the IV, like he still has some scuffs on him :dunno
I'm just listing the differences that require different engineering and therefore could result in a lesser figure. Painting him differently isn't going to hurt his proportions or articulation. But you're right that the Mark VI doesn't have that just-walked-out-of-a-Maaco look like the IV does, although in my opinion the Mark IV is a little too perfect. A few scuffs here and there helps sell the metallic look and is more movie accurate.

53317135.jpg

Back