Hot Toys – MMS132 - Iron Man 2: Mark VI full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by vangeta
I might have missed it, but why is Mark VI listed for $210?

Greed, and all the extra parts. But he can be had for $188 elsewhere.

Yes, battle damaged extra parts (a first for HT I believe), deployable hip pods, deployable shoulder micromuntions, removable facemask with headsculpt reveal, wrist laser "finishing move" reveal, and swappable forearm mini rockets.

With the exception of the hip pods and forearm rockets, everything is unique to the Mark 6. So not a case of greed, but simple economics: with this much more bang for your buck, the price point is bound to be higher. This will be the one to own, unless plastic donuts and a sixth scale box really fire your engines.

I can understand why some Shellhead fans are partial to the round chest reactor (I am myself), but I can live with the triangle for all the extras this fig has. I find the swappable damage panels to be far superior to the slightly stoned latino-looking RDJ sulpt of the Mark 4.

The sideshow "exclusive" is (as usual) unremarkable. A big yawn there. But IMO this is the best overall Shellhead figure since the Mark 1, and at least until we finally get a Mark 5.

Yes, battle damaged extra parts (a first for HT I believe), deployable hip pods, deployable shoulder micromuntions, removable facemask with headsculpt reveal, wrist laser "finishing move" reveal, and swappable forearm mini rockets.

With the exception of the hip pods and forearm rockets, everything is unique to the Mark 6. So not a case of greed, but simple economics: with this much more bang for your buck, the price point is bound to be higher. This will be the one to own, unless plastic donuts and a sixth scale box really fire your engines.

I can understand why some Shellhead fans are partial to the round chest reactor (I am myself), but I can live with the triangle for all the extras this fig has. I find the swappable damage panels to be far superior to the slightly stoned latino-looking RDJ sulpt of the Mark 4.

The sideshow "exclusive" is (as usual) unremarkable. A big yawn there. But IMO this is the best overall Shellhead figure since the Mark 1, and at least until we finally get a Mark 5.

Both IV and VI are worth owning imho.

Wow, we went from oriental RDJ to latino :lol

It's not just the donuts and the ricky ricardo rdj sculpt that makes the IV so unique, he's also ferrari shining red, so much so that you can see your own reflection :lol

Mark VI won't be as shiny.

Reasons definately exist that makes owning both not seem like such a crazy idea.

Now, if you can only afford one...well then, that's a hard decision and I don't envy you.

I preordered the Mark 6 back in August.

Easy decision with the BD & extra features. I'm not a completist by any means, and display space is not infinte.

The Mark 4 looks great, but I'd rather save my funds and space for a Mark 5.

I've got the Marks 1 and 3, so I'm kinda going for the odd numbered set!

No way of knowing this until the piece is released!

I keep wondering when we're gonna see something about the Mark V?

And those couple of big projects HT said it was working on...?

I preordered the Mark 6 back in August.

Easy decision with the BD & extra features. I'm not a completist by any means, and display space is not infinte.

The Mark 4 looks great, but I'd rather save my funds and space for a Mark 5.

I've got the Marks 1 and 3, so I'm kinda going for the odd numbered set!

No way of knowing this until the piece is released!

Mark VI will be scuffed up even with his "undamaged" armor being used.

Just look at the pics.

Maybe shiny wasn't the best word to use.....more like pristine.

He might be shiny but not 100% pristine like the IV.

Noticed this guy disappeared from Alter Ego's website along with the IV; turns out they're both sold out which means there's one less place selling him for a price I'm willing to pay. I hate placing an order before seeing in-hand pics, but I'm getting a little nervous about waiting.

I keep wondering when we're gonna see something about the Mark V?

And those couple of big projects HT said it was working on...?

I've been wondering about the MK V also...

Noticed this guy disappeared from Alter Ego's website along with the IV; turns out they're both sold out which means there's one less place selling him for a price I'm willing to pay. I hate placing an order before seeing in-hand pics, but I'm getting a little nervous about waiting.

NOOOOO!!! :gah:

I was torn between the IV and VI so my deciding factors for getting the IV are:

(1) I prefer the stand compared to the battle 1.
(2) I dont like the idea of possibly losing small bits of armour like the VI has lots more of.
(3) I prefer him pristine looking.
(4) Im not keen on the silver knee's etc on the VI.
(5) I prefer the round v's triangular chest reactor.
(6) He's a bit cheaper.
(7) He's out sooner.

I still love the VI but im not gonna get both as i have the original MKIII and Warmachine. I'll get another 1 if hot toys does anymore from the next movie.

I hope i sound convincing :lol

(2) I dont like the idea of possibly losing small bits of armour like the VI has lots more of.
(6) He's a bit cheaper.
(7) He's out sooner.

I still love the VI but im not gonna get both as i have the original MKIII and Warmachine. I'll get another 1 if hot toys does anymore from the next movie.

Sounds convincing to me, you almost made me cancel my VI preorder :lol

Oh trust me im still trying to convince myself i dont need both :lol if it wasn't for the HT's supes and spidey coming up i most probably would.

You will probably change your mind like alot of people when we start to have some in-hand pics

(6) He's a bit cheaper.
(7) He's out sooner.

Good points ..but (2) is a lame reason to pass on the figure imo

I am pretty excited now, just put in a pre-order for MK VI at alter-ego and after I got my confirmation it was taken off site... Will be my first Iron man figure.

Heads up MK IV is up as well so get it while you can!

No surprises here:

• Iron Man will have a new set of armor for his appearance in The Avengers.

_ Feige writes:_ "Joss would kill me if I gave anything away, but I will say that the evolution you saw his armor take in IM2 will continue in The Avengers."

Back