Hot Toys – MMS132 - Iron Man 2: Mark VI full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think he was actually planned to be out December in Asia along with Ghost Rider. He is in the 2010 catalogue so he must have been planned to be released this year no?

I think you're right about this! I think the sculpt with the head underneath has a bigger jaw, making the design look different than on the other head.

But, since we never seen the RDJ-helmet sculpt for the Mk VI, maybe they're using the MK III BD one for these promotional shots and we'll get a good proportioned version when the fig comes out? :dunno
Sure hope so. The other element that makes the Battle-Damaged Mark III's helmet-with-facesculpt look weird on the figure is that it sits much higher on the neck peg than the light-up head. On the Mark VI prototype, it looks like the battle-damaged head actually sits lower on the neck than the clean helmet, which is interesting.

It is true about the jaw on the flip-up mask helmet being longer. It was like that on the Mark II and BD MIII. I suppose there's no way for Hot Toys to fix that without increasing the scale of the helmet or making the head (Tony's) smaller.

Last edited:
I love how this figure looks in his "clean" mode in the two images to the left here. The battle-damaged facemask looks proportionately wrong by comparison, which I don't understand considering it should just be the same piece of plastic painted differently.

IMG_0051.JPG

I think this was discussed way back when the images first surfaced. The clean helmet looks different to the battle-damaged one because they are different designs. The clean version of the helmet is actually the Mark IV's (naughty Hot Toys) and the battle-damaged one is the Mark VI's. I imagine they misplaced the correct clean helmet for the photoshoot.

I'll be curious to see any kind of a difference in person. I ordered two so I can display the BD and non at the same time cause I really like the Mark VI suit. I expect to not see much of a difference however.

I think this was discussed way back when the images first surfaced. The clean helmet looks different to the battle-damaged one because they are different designs. The clean version of the helmet is actually the Mark IV's (naughty Hot Toys) and the battle-damaged one is the Mark VI's. I imagine they misplaced the correct clean helmet for the photoshoot.

The Mark VI helmet actually shouldn't have any differences from the Mark IV helmet because they're the same helmet. I think this is actually as plasmid said. It's the same as with the Mark II and Mark III BD.

I love how this figure looks in his "clean" mode in the two images to the left here. The battle-damaged facemask looks proportionately wrong by comparison, which I don't understand considering it should just be the same piece of plastic painted differently.

IMG_0051.JPG

My guess is that they used a slightly altered MK3 BD head on the first prototype.

The proportions already look better in one of the pictures you posted:

attachment.php

And since both faceplates will be removable, I think it's safe to assume that the two heads will have the same proportions, unlike the BD MK3.

That would be what I would expect as well. I would also expect they'll fit snug enough on the light up helm as thats the one I'll be using. I wont be using the one with the stark sculpt underneath.

And since both faceplates will be removable, I think it's safe to assume that the two heads will have the same proportions, unlike the BD MK3.
Except that the helmet with the Tony Stark sculpt inside could fit differently on the neck, giving it a completely different look. Such is the case with the Battle Damaged Mark III.

Except that the helmet with the Tony Stark sculpt inside could fit differently on the neck, giving it a completely different look. Such is the case with the Battle Damaged Mark III.

I don't think that the BDMK3 helmet with the stark sculpt fits differently on the neck. My guess is that the fact that the helmet is longer and has a wider jaw than the regular one, makes you think so.

I don't think that the BDMK3 helmet with the stark sculpt fits differently on the neck.
It most certainly does. Pull both helmets off and look inside them; the depth to where the plastic frame for the peg begins is much shallower inside the helmet with the Tony Stark head sculpt, causing it to sit higher on the neck peg.

I'm not sure this has already been posted:

73654_171915139485810_100000019744422_604811_5166600_n.jpg

You noticed the triangular reactor ARC? :naughty

That looks pretty awesome actually!! :rock :rock :rock
Love that they changed the ARC!!

And yet again, the choice between the Mk IV and VI has become even harder :lol :(

I'm guessing we'll see this sculpt soon then, as well...

Back