Hot Toys – MMS132 - Iron Man 2: Mark VI full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wha..wait? When did people turn on Iron Man 2? Is it just trendy to bash stuff that's good (i.e. all of the Dark Knight and Avatar hate that appeared in the months that followed)

I for one hated the Dark Knight and Avatar while I watched them. Well Avatar I hated for months prior since I saw the 30 minute preview but yeah.

Passed on Iron Man 2 because my friends said if you hated those youll hate this. Saved myself 14 bucks so Im happy.

Seriously, how can they justify charging so much? This figure costs $30 more than the DX Joker, $35 more than the DX Dark Knight, and $45 more than their classic Predator. At the rate they're increasing prices, they'll cost $300 a piece in 2012.

probably saw how much their stuff goes for on the 2nd market and decided they want a piece of that.

People didn't turn on Iron Man 2, it's always been "just okay, not as good as the first."

It's been mentioned before that you can pre-order this for around $190 at other retailers like Alter Ego or CSC if you don't need the Sideshow Exclusive version and don't want to pay $210-215.

At $190 it's a better sell, and I'm on board for that price. It's very much in line with the Mark III BD and a DX figure price.

Indeed. People paying those $210 prices are the crazy ones. Unless you REALLY want that fore arm...

Don't mind the price as it pretty loaded and it will be the only Ironman figure I will have

which scene is that arm supposed to re enact?

not this one right:

iron_man_movie_image_robert_downey_jr_as_tony_stark_s.jpg

Im guessing its supposed to fit like any gloved figure, except its gonna cover most of the forearm and near the elbow :dunno

The price is perfectly fair and justified. 'Nuff said.
How so? Classic Predator had a big-ass base and a ton of gimmicks for $45 less. DX Joker had a whole extra suit, head, big-ass base, a ton of accessories and PERS for $30 less. DX Batman had nearly all of that for $35 less. And those last two figures had far fewer inaccuracies than this one does.

How so? Classic Predator had a big-ass base and a ton of gimmicks for $45 less. DX Joker had a whole extra suit, head, big-ass base, a ton of accessories and PERS for $30 less. DX Batman had nearly all of that for $35 less. And those last two figures had far fewer inaccuracies than this one does.

Just a curiosity, from where are you quoting your DX prices?

which scene is that arm supposed to re enact?

not this one right:

iron_man_movie_image_robert_downey_jr_as_tony_stark_s.jpg

Im guessing its supposed to fit like any gloved figure, except its gonna cover most of the forearm and near the elbow :dunno

At a guess, because it is a full fore arm, the scene that springs to mind is when he is sat on the couch watching the news about the 10 rings or whatever refining that piece of armour. Blasts the glass doors and then suits up in the mk III for the first time.

EDIT: Even though this fore arm is from the wrong armour, it could still be used to replicate that scene.

cause they know they can charge $200+ and people would still buy it.

Look at the guardian pred, its going for $300-400+ now.

I don't exactly look at this like you do, but you're right in what you're saying. However, you have to realize that some figures require a lot more R&D than others, especially when an armour is involved. Mark my words (no pun intended): the Mark V will sell for over $200.00.

or maybe the mech test? :gah:

perhaps its sort of like the donut T1000 ex head, a sign/accessories for their next IM release?

I guess it's just a gimmicky inclusion so you can have a bit of fun with your other figures. Black Widow is seen in a trailer wearing the IM arm.

Back