Hot Toys – MMS132 - Iron Man 2: Mark VI full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yea, I decided not to order it. That's just too much for this figure, and I would rather spend the money on like a HT Pred 2, or something from the Terminator movies.

With the Mk. 4 and War-Machine, I think that'll hold me for a while for my Iron Man fix.

I like the way you think!

My mentality is that SS is significantly more expensive than 3rd party retailers, so that coupled with exclusives can up a figure anywhere from 20-60 bucks. I know with Joe Exclusives its like 30-40 and now with this figure its 40 for the arm.

Assuming you buy pass on this exclusive and buy the original you already save 40+ bucks, thats a 3rd (more or less of a figure) let alone pass on the MK 6 and go for the 4.

But thats just me, I am happy with 1 Iron Man. My only grip about my MK 3 BD is the lack of articulation in the waist.

He is up for PO at AlterEgo for $189. I think other places might have this close to $180 when he is ready to ship. They are expecting 1st quarter 2011. I dont know why it would take so long since its almost the same mold as the MKIV

So do you guys think that the price is going to hurt this figures sales, honestly?

I was on the fence but not for that price. Im curious how it will sell. The John Connor isn't doing so hot. Its not exactly the same but it is similar in the price hike and the added extras.

I hope I can buy that exclusive piece on ebay. I'd rather go with Alterego's pre-order price for now... which I think is very reasonable these days.

I hope I can buy that exclusive piece on ebay. I'd rather go with Alterego's pre-order price for now.

Im sure you can but for how much? If you pre order on AE then buy the arm on ebay I have a feeling ud be much better off buying the exclusive as is. I rememebr I wanted to do that with the crushed helmet but it was ike 50-80 bucks. I ended up passing.

Hot Toys' getting greedy

$210 before shipping is outrageous. I'd be embarrassed to admit spending that much on a single figure, especially when their DX series hasn't even cost this much. For $210, it needs to include a lot more than a couple extra plastic panels, and ought to be virtually flawless. He's way too skinny, the head sculpt is unknown but their track record's been pretty poor so far, and there's no PERS. Their entire Iron Man 2 line is overpriced by about $30 per figure.

71619250.jpg

Im sure you can but for how much? If you pre order on AE then buy the arm on ebay I have a feeling ud be much better off buying the exclusive as is. I rememebr I wanted to do that with the crushed helmet but it was ike 50-80 bucks. I ended up passing.

The Mark II bust cost less than that, yet it was bigger. https://tinyurl.com/23eyer5

Actually, I looked at what the exclusive was and I have no interest in it now... a fore arm for a truetype body? Meh, useless to the Mk VI.

Alter's $189 price, here I come!

The price increase seems a bit high, especially considering much of this is reuse from the last figure.

The extra bits are nice, but not $210-$215 nice IMO.

The Mark II bust cost less than that, yet it was bigger. https://tinyurl.com/23eyer5

Yeah, I ended up getting my BD for 189 shipped in order to save the 232 shipped for the exclusive version. So I view it in terms of 50 bucks for a crushed helmet that lays on my shelf type deal. Its not a deal breaker. The Arm is great, but I mean iono.

Also TBH I never saw 2. I heard it was terrible and my friends all said I would hate it. Only reason Im buying War Machine is because hes awesome, the Mk 6 not so much. 4, just looks great and its cheap enough to boot for what your getting (since yu can find it for 161)

It's been mentioned before that you can pre-order this for around $190 at other retailers like Alter Ego or CSC if you don't need the Sideshow Exclusive version and don't want to pay $210-215.

At $190 it's a better sell, and I'm on board for that price. It's very much in line with the Mark III BD and a DX figure price.

Wha..wait? When did people turn on Iron Man 2? Is it just trendy to bash stuff that's good (i.e. all of the Dark Knight and Avatar hate that appeared in the months that followed)

Seriously, how can they justify charging so much? This figure costs $30 more than the DX Joker, $35 more than the DX Dark Knight, and $45 more than their classic Predator. At the rate they're increasing prices, they'll cost $300 a piece in 2012.

Back