Hot Toys – MMS132 - Iron Man 2: Mark VI full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I've got some good and some bad news:

Bad: The light only shows through the center of the triangle, and does not fill the whole triangle (had to look again once I got home to make sure it wasn't the camera making it look like that.

Good: I used the Stark reveal head on the Mark IV and it looks great!

261ohgm.jpg

irmoballen,
When you remove the chest piece, is the arc reactor circular?
Looking through the triangular window of the chest piece it seems that it is.

By the way, thanks for sharing all those pics.

irmoballen,
When you remove the chest piece, is the arc reactor circular?
Looking through the triangular window of the chest piece it seems that it is.

By the way, thanks for sharing all those pics.

Its a circle with a triangular center, just like in the movie,

it looks to me that HT made a big design flaw on the Mark 6 chest piece. While the undersuit of both m4 and m6 has the arc reactor at the same level, the triangle window on the m6 chest piece is placed higher, so that it is not centered with the reactor. making the light and reactor off center. I wonder why they did that and didn't bother to make a simple correction pre-production.
Is HT becoming too complacent with their popularity and diminishing in quality?

Its funny, when MKIV and VI were announced, I was all over VI but now, not so much. I picked up MKIV and was blown away by it. This feels too much of a re-tread. I think someone else mentioned they'd wait for the Avengers armour to come out, which I suspect will carry over the triangular chest piece design and hopefully be a more justifiable purchase. Passing on this but congrats to the guys who've bought it :)

it looks to me that HT made a big design flaw on the Mark 6 chest piece. While the undersuit of both m4 and m6 has the arc reactor at the same level, the triangle window on the m6 chest piece is placed higher, so that it is not centered with the reactor. making the light and reactor off center. I wonder why they did that and didn't bother to make a simple correction pre-production.
Is HT becoming too complacent with their popularity and diminishing in quality?

I don't think it's that big of a deal, but it's worth noting that the arc reactor detail is ostensibly more accurate on Hot Toys' own Mark VI bust. I wonder if the fact of the chest plate on the Mark IV and VI being removable ended up trapping HT into a corner in regards to design limitations. They could've raised the arc reactor more on the Mark VI so that it would be perfectly aligned with the triangle chest emblem, but when the chestplate is off and the tech underneath is exposed it would look dramatically different compared to the Mark IV's exposed under-armor, making the Mark VI look strange in comparison.

Anyone have a photo of both the Mark IV and VI figures together with both of their chestplates removed?

I don't think it's that big of a deal, but it's worth noting that the arc reactor detail is ostensibly more accurate on Hot Toys' own Mark VI bust. I wonder if the fact of the chest plate on the Mark IV and VI being removable ended up trapping HT into a corner in regards to design limitations. They could've raised the arc reactor more on the Mark VI so that it would be perfectly aligned with the triangle chest emblem, but when the chestplate is off and the tech underneath is exposed it would look dramatically different compared to the Mark IV's exposed under-armor, making the Mark VI look strange in comparison.

Anyone have a photo of both the Mark IV and VI figures together with both of their chestplates removed?

Mark VI's under armour's ArcReactor was raised by 2 to 3 mm compared to Mk. IV...... Maybe due to the complains people raised of the prototype.

By Right both the HT's Mk. 4 & 6, "under-armour" are inaccurate: What should have been Chest Repulsor Trasmitters instead of ArcReactors.

Did anyone order the exclusive version with the additional arm for Truetypes? If so, what do you plan on bashing with them?

Since the exclusive's are so old on the sideshow website, I wonder if I could snag one of the spare arms on ebay when it comes out =x.

Did anyone order the exclusive version with the additional arm for Truetypes? If so, what do you plan on bashing with them?

Since the exclusive's are so old on the sideshow website, I wonder if I could snag one of the spare arms on ebay when it comes out =x.

Thats what im planning on doing, heads up though prices are gunna be stupid, lol
im planning on using those pegs it comes with.... they allow you to put all iron man hands on true types!... still working on the idea though

Thats what im planning on doing, heads up though prices are gunna be stupid, lol
im planning on using those pegs it comes with.... they allow you to put all iron man hands on true types!... still working on the idea though

All you need to do that is an appropriate sized ball on an appropriate size stick. Easily enough to make some...

BAndito - are you sure that the reactor of the under armor on the Mark 6 was raised compared to the mark 4? I was under the impression that it remained at the same level which is why it got partially covered by the higher triangle window.

Man, I love this new design. Just looks great when reading the comics. I would love to own a figure of that or a maquette.

____ yeah! :hi5:

I'm slightly surprised Sideshow hasn't released an Iron Patriot version of the old Tin Man maquette since it's the same armor.

It's coming they've confirmed it is being worked on in Q&As so many times that I would imagine we'll see it this year.

Back