Hot Toys – MMS132 - Iron Man 2: Mark VI full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Speaking of, I find it very odd that the "gold-titanium alloy" that the suit is said to be made of chips off and shows gray/silver underneath.

Why is the silver on this Mark when he said in the first film it had problems with high altitude. Frosting... so he got rid of it but it comes back in the second film.

It's nice with the silver though. It's been growing on me for sometime. Makes it pop. I just don't get when in one film it's bad but it comes back in the second with no reason.

The scratches are silver even though the metal is a gold titanium alloy because the paint he was using wouldnt stick to the gold so he had too use a silver primer as the base coat

Except that the silver scratches also appear on the "gold". Unless it's Titanium nitride coated Ti which would make sense.

18879387.jpg

those are modified...they weren't orange like that out of the package

Dude a 2 year old can do that mod:dunno, and hot toys made the pant's that way so we can do that mod and make them accurate, anyone who hold's the pant's color against the figure is an idiot, it's not like hot toys made them brown by accident:cuckoo:

No whiplash? ..i think that fig is way under rated.

Yeah, it doesn't quite get the nod it should. Pants aside the rest of the figure is pretty awesome. Actually, a bigger issue to me that holds it back over the pants since thats an easy mod if you want to do it is the harness is so fragile.

My only problem with the figure is the weak chestpiece light ..but aside from that once the mod is done to the pant's is a fantastic figure, has that sort of rustic homemade feel that you get from the mark 1.

The gold is paint as well to help protect the metal. Just like with cars. The metal on most cars are silver but they still paint them silver :D

So you're saying that the armor is gold, then painted silver, then painted gold again? That's just silly. I think a more likely explanation is that they either just forgot that line or just didn't care and opted for "looks cool" over "makes sense". The films in general opt for that, not a bad thing necessarily. Even the "gold titanium alloy" makes no sense. Make armor out of titanium kind of makes sense, even though it lacks the strength of steel you get much more strength for your weight. Adding gold to it makes no sense as that just makes it heavier and softer.

The reason I brought up TiN (Titanium Nitride) is that it often is gold colored. It's very very hard, and often used on things like drill bits and saw blades to drastically increase the wear resistance. So if you coat Ti with TiN you get the durability and weight savings of Ti with the an additional hard shell.

This is all moot though as none of the tech in the movies makes much sense and the "gold titanium" was just a throw away line to make him dressing up in gold armor make some kind of sense.

Back