Hot Toys – MMS132 - Iron Man 2: Mark VI full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah I'd rather have all the figures cheaper and not come with the second head sculpt, I too never use them. That ain't realistic though as what a lot of people buy HT for is the human heads.

Yeah that lack of a second head really kept the Mark V's price down :rolleyes:

How exactly do you know that it didn't? "the price is more than I want it to be" isn't really compelling evidence.

How exactly do you know that it didn't? "the price is more than I want it to be" isn't really compelling evidence.
Mark V comes with two pieces of battle-damaged parts, compared to over a dozen interchangeable pieces on the Mark VI, and has no headsculpt. There's absolutely no justification for the V to cost as much as the VI, so Hot Toys must be setting prices based on demand rather than material costs. Meaning, leaving out the headsculpt would do nothing to lower the price of this figure.

And if you want further proof that Hot Toys wouldn't pass the savings on to its customers, they're charging the same for Falconer Predator as they did Berserker, despite Falconer having an unremovable mask.

Mark V comes with two pieces of battle-damaged parts, compared to over a dozen interchangeable pieces on the Mark VI, and has no headsculpt. There's absolutely no justification for the V to cost as much as the VI, so Hot Toys must be setting prices based on demand rather than material costs. Meaning, leaving out the headsculpt would do nothing to lower the price of this figure.

And if you want further proof that Hot Toys wouldn't pass the savings on to its customers, they're charging the same for Falconer Predator as they did Berserker, despite Falconer having an unremovable mask.

You've got to factor in that a lot of the costs comes from the fact that the Mark V is an entirely new mold which likely won't be reused again for any other figure.

You've got to factor in that a lot of the costs comes from the fact that the Mark V is an entirely new mold which likely won't be reused again for any other figure.

:goodpost: I have to agree with Biojex, this baby is a one-off. This is it for them to recoup the development costs.

:goodpost: I have to agree with Biojex, this baby is a one-off. This is it for them to recoup the development costs.

Same goes for War Machine as far as it being a one-off...granted he had a Cheadle and no battle damaged parts...so its hard to say how exactly they come up with the prices.

Could be partially due to the faces, partially due to body design, partially due to extra BD pieces...however, I would imagine a lot of it has to do with demand of the figure. If they think a figure is going to be hot (no pun intended) then they would likely mark it up to make a greater profit.

Granted, this is all speculation :D

I've never been into the Battle damaged parts. My mark 3 is not displayed with BD parts. It's a nice option but I would rather have the face sculpt and the extra stuff like missile pods, flaps and etc. 188 is too high a price for the M5 but it's perfect for what we are getting with Mark 6. The mark 5 should be at the same price range as mark 4.

I've never been into the Battle damaged parts. My mark 3 is not displayed with BD parts. It's a nice option but I would rather have the face sculpt and the extra stuff like missile pods, flaps and etc. 188 is too high a price for the M5 but it's perfect for what we are getting with Mark 6. The mark 5 should be at the same price range as mark 4.

what he said^^^

I've never been into the Battle damaged parts. My mark 3 is not displayed with BD parts.

My m3 has always been displayed clean,it's not that i don't like showing battle damage..it's just the m3's battle damage look's aweful imo, the VI on the other hand,it's battle damage is very well done and it look's very cool..i will be displaying him like that in my collection, if it turns out looking like the proto pics that is.

i probably will, too, for a few weeks. Since i am getting the mark 4 to display as clean. But in the end all of my IM are displayed clean.

Its cool that you can change it out to show it either way. I have never liked the BD much, just seems like you would want to show off the cleanest best look for a display but looks very good both ways.

Its cool that you can change it out to show it either way. I have never liked the BD much, just seems like you would want to show off the cleanest best look for a display but looks very good both ways.
You talk like once you decide how to display it, it can never be changed. I like changing my Mark III from clean to Battle-Damaged very other month or so, just for variety.

Back