Hot Toys – MMS132 - Iron Man 2: Mark VI full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I passed on the Mark IV and missing out on that Stark Headsculpt and Donut is irking me. I can't enjoy my original Mark III anymore-HT has perfected the armor so much since but I don't want to sell it either. I'll either cave and get the Mark IV or wait for the Avengers version.

My War Machine Milk version arrived yesterday after months of flex pay-i'll unbox it this weekend.

Very nice pic, love the background. As for the mark III, rumor has it that HT will be revisiting it with a whole new mold and everything, and i have the mark IV and two VI's. Honestly you are not missing much with the IV if you have the VI, so i say just more forward. (Also something I did was modify the Mech Test Tony HS to work with the suits, and they are still floating around so I would recommend the same.)

I wonder if I could trade my Thor and Odin figs for a Mech Test Tony. Naaaah....prolly not gonna happen.

Tough. People can't seem to give Odin away and with thor`s weak sculpt and avengers one coming out....I don't see him selling either

Very nice pic, love the background. As for the mark III, rumor has it that HT will be revisiting it with a whole new mold and everything, and i have the mark IV and two VI's. Honestly you are not missing much with the IV if you have the VI, so i say just more forward. (Also something I did was modify the Mech Test Tony HS to work with the suits, and they are still floating around so I would recommend the same.)

They are? :horror

I've never found the Mech Test head anywhere without having to buy the whole figure, got a link?

:lecture Sorry, bro. I have to disagree with you on that one.

The Mk.IV is built a little sturdier because it doesn't have as many swap-out pieces.
The round chest reactor, without the silver accents on the armor, is also more remeniscent of the classic Iron Man armor. Important for those collectors who also read/collected The Invincible Iron Man comics back in the day. And of course, the RDJ head sculpt. Arguably one of the best likeness of the actor from any manufacturer. The Mk.VI uses the same but is a reveal, not a complete head.

If anything else, you also get a donut and box with the Mk.IV. :D

To each his own. I highly recommend the Mk.IV even though one already has the Mk.VI.

Tough. People can't seem to give Odin away and with thor`s weak sculpt and avengers one coming out....I don't see him selling either

Agreed about Thor's sculpt. The main issue I have with that is the expression.

There's many ways I visualize Thor being displayed on my shelf.
But this is not one of them:

Hot-Toys-Thor-Figure-13.jpg

Looks like he's bored out of his mind.

Even Tony Stark can't believe it:

cinemaniablog_hottoys2011_lineup_01.jpg

Having re-watched Thor recently, I have to say though, that weird haircsulpt is spot on. His hair looks really odd in that movie.

Not to get the thread even further off-topic, but I think the Thor figure is pretty great and the only thing it really needed was a few alternate headsculpts with some more expressions; an angry face and a smirking, $*(!-eating grin woulda been fantastic. Only reason I'm even thinking of trading/selling him and Odin is 'cuz I'm a brokeass.
;)

yep :D fromw hat i know original batteries too. the mech test and new mark2 are just as bright. i gata get new batteries for the others. luckily a watch store is right next to me apt lol.

They are? :horror

I've never found the Mech Test head anywhere without having to buy the whole figure, got a link?

My bad :(, upon further inspection they all seem to be recasts. I only searched for Hot Toys Tony recently looking for a TT-body with an ARC reactor and never took a good look at the heads until now. That being said, they are still pretty good recasts, but I wouldn't blame you if you don't want a recast. I personally don't buy recasts, and i don't think you should either. Sorry about that, i could have sworn to see a real one recently listed but i can't find anything. :gah:

The Mk.IV is built a little sturdier because it doesn't have as many swap-out pieces.
The round chest reactor, without the silver accents on the armor, is also more remeniscent of the classic Iron Man armor. Important for those collectors who also read/collected The Invincible Iron Man comics back in the day. And of course, the RDJ head sculpt. Arguably one of the best likeness of the actor from any manufacturer. The Mk.VI uses the same but is a reveal, not a complete head.

To each his own. I highly recommend the Mk.IV even though one already has the Mk.VI.

Sturdier, true, more color-accurate to comic Iron Man, also true. As for the head sculpt however, i think the mech-test is much more accurate and since 90% of people pose their Mark VI with BD, i feel the mech fits so much better. Don't get me wrong, i love the mark IV, and it was my first HT Iron Man, but I just feel the VI is improved greatly. Also, with the inevitable release of the VII which brings back the circular ARC, and the fact the Mark IV comes with the Gantry the prices should go down on the figure itself. On second thought, the fact that the IV comes with a donut......yeah, it's worth it. :lol

I agree, if you're happily sat there with the Mark VI and he's the only Ironman Hot Toys figure you've ever had get the Mark IV and he will truly blow you away (likewise the new Mark II but I appreciate he might not be for everyone)

Agreed about Thor's sculpt. The main issue I have with that is the expression.

There's many ways I visualize Thor being displayed on my shelf.
But this is not one of them:

Looks like he's bored out of his mind.

Even Tony Stark can't believe it:

You do realize they have revised the prototype sculpt and its expression right? :lecture

and I agree with the others here, Mark IV > Mark VI. I spent two weeks researching
about the two and the Mk IV ended up becoming my first HT :yess:

You do realize they have revised the prototype sculpt and its expression right? :lecture
No doubt.
But if it's not in a battle cry expression or at least something that's more interesting than what they currently have, you won't find it on my shelf.

and I agree with the others here, Mark IV > Mark VI. I spent two weeks researching
about the two and the Mk IV ended up becoming my first HT :yess:
The others here?

Please re-read my post. I have nothing but praise for the Mk.IV and still recommended it to those who already have a Mk.VI. So I'm pretty much in agreement with "the others here".

The others here?

Please re-read my post. I have nothing but praise for the Mk.IV and still recommended it to those who already have a Mk.VI. So I'm pretty much in agreement with "the others here".

My second paragraph doesnt anymore refer to you post :lol so yes, "others" really included you

Back