Hot Toys – MMS132 - Iron Man 2: Mark VI full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:lol :lol :lol :goodpost:

________

The only thing that i don't like about this figure is his chest is too prounced, like he's got moobs underneath.

I've had my MK IV posed in the ground punch position for months now, i think i'm gonna switch them.

how do you pose it in ground punch pose?

I messed up big time. I tried to do the knee joint fix, and let's just say, things got progressively worse, and now my mk vi is an expensive piece of plastic missing a leg.

Before you guys start lecturing me, I just wanna say that I feel awful about it and would really appreciate it if you guys held back the harsh words. I feel like a complete idiot for ruining a great toy that, In retrospect, wasn't damaged. I didn't think it'd be that tough. At some point, i knew i shouldve stopped when I had the chance...but foolishly I didn't. after this, I'm never gonna attempt something like this ever again.

I even called HT and asked them if it was possible to purchase (I KNOW I will never get it for free nor have the entire figure replaced) a left leg, but sadly they said they couldnt help me. such a shame...other than his loose knee, he's just perfect. Lights are bright, articulation is sturdy, paint is flawless and no pink underroos.

So...what can I do now? I have a 2nd one mind you. Yes, I did open him up and the funny thing is...his left knee is also loose. I think one broken $200 plus toy is enough to make me NOT attempt a "fix" ever.

So...should I part him out? Be creative and make a diorama of some sort?

At this point, I REALLY hope they release another mkvi when the avengers comes out. As much as it pains me to no longer have 2, I can't bring myself to pay $300 plus for another mk vi with a potential loose knee(s).

What should I do fellow freaks?

Sorry to hear that has happened. If you think you are going to make some kind of dio for it, then I would do that. I don't have any ideas right now on what you could do for a dio though. but if you just don't want it anymore then I would part it out. Then you could try to get some of your money back and not feel so badly about ruining a figure in the process.

That sucks man. I feel bad for you bro! I know that sickening feeling when something expensive goes "crack." 'Cept you're feeling that X100.

If you do part him out though, I'd be interested in both arms. Not the battle damaged one though, just the normal left and right arms.
Should I shoot you a PM? You're probably going to get bombarded with parts requests.....

I messed up big time. I tried to do the knee joint fix, and let's just say, things got progressively worse, and now my mk vi is an expensive piece of plastic missing a leg.

Before you guys start lecturing me, I just wanna say that I feel awful about it and would really appreciate it if you guys held back the harsh words. I feel like a complete idiot for ruining a great toy that, In retrospect, wasn't damaged. I didn't think it'd be that tough. At some point, i knew i shouldve stopped when I had the chance...but foolishly I didn't. after this, I'm never gonna attempt something like this ever again.

I even called HT and asked them if it was possible to purchase (I KNOW I will never get it for free nor have the entire figure replaced) a left leg, but sadly they said they couldnt help me. such a shame...other than his loose knee, he's just perfect. Lights are bright, articulation is sturdy, paint is flawless and no pink underroos.

So...what can I do now? I have a 2nd one mind you. Yes, I did open him up and the funny thing is...his left knee is also loose. I think one broken $200 plus toy is enough to make me NOT attempt a "fix" ever.

At this point, I REALLY hope they release another mkvi when the avengers comes out. As much as it pains me to no longer have 2, I can't bring myself to pay $300 plus for another mk vi with a potential loose knee(s).

fell sorry for you,thats just tough luck:thud: maybe you can find a new leg somewhere??could be possible to fix it,and you can get your mark VI back in action! wish the best of luck :wave

Sorry to hear that bro.

Here's what I would do:

Since you already have another Mk.VI, glue the leg back onto the figure that has the broken leg
Use something strong (Crazy glue, Gorilla, Super glue, etc.) and try your best to put the glue in a non-visible area.

As for pose (because this is permanent), use the standard stationary pose. You can put him into a Hall of Armors or just stand him up as is.

Use your other figure for the dynamic poses in your diorama.

Id be willing to buy the broken figure off of you. could you post a picture of what is broken?

Well, no luck in finding another leg on the eBay. Is there some other place I can check?

Zip- ill let you know if I part him out. I'm assuming the right arm can come off...don't see why not, although it would be funny and stupid at the same time if you can't.

Centurion, I'd like to glue it back, but when I was trying to pry the hole cover on his thigh, it just wouldn't come out...the more force i applied, the more damage I was causing to the cover itself and the surrounding area. It kept on getting worse, then I realized the leg was ruined. I was really pissed and in a fit of rage, I slammed the leg against the table and broke it in two. So yea, i can't do a hall of armor dio.

Alpha- its the entire left leg. There's really nothing left to salvage, not after what I did to it.

Well, no luck in finding another leg on the eBay. Is there some other place I can check?

Zip- ill let you know if I part him out. I'm assuming the right arm can come off...don't see why not, although it would be funny and stupid at the same time if you can't.

Centurion, I'd like to glue it back, but when I was trying to pry the hole cover on his thigh, it just wouldn't come out...the more force i applied, the more damage I was causing to the cover itself and the surrounding area. It kept on getting worse, then I realized the leg was ruined. I was really pissed and in a fit of rage, I slammed the leg against the table and broke it in two. So yea, i can't do a hall of armor dio.

Alpha- its the entire left leg. There's really nothing left to salvage, not after what I did to it.

A challenge... I bet I can still fix it.... unless you already melted it down/ground it to bits.

Hey at least you didn't literally 'put it in the oven' like somebody did with their Thor helmet :slap :lol

SAM_2942.jpg
:monkey3

Once Gantry is released, theres probably a good chance some one will part out the legs of Mark 4 if you don't mind different color

Last edited:

The only other idea I could suggest is to maybe do your best to put him together (I'm sure you could still glue the leg together and back to his hip) then convert him into your very own, unique, battled damaged armor. But again, choose a pose that will become his permanent position.

Some creative scratching, wearing-down, and paint can cover the areas that were glued.

Do a search in the War Machine thread to give you some ideas of what you can do to achieve a battle damaged look.

The only other idea I could suggest is to maybe do your best to put him together (I'm sure you could still glue the leg together and back to his hip) then convert him into your very own, unique, battled damaged armor. But again, choose a pose that will become his permanent position.

Some creative scratching, wearing-down, and paint can cover the areas that were glued.

Do a search in the War Machine thread to give you some ideas of what you can do to achieve a battle damaged look.

I really wish I had the skills to attempt such a feat. No painting skills, no modding skills. It's frustrating.

I checked the bay again, I got so close to finding a a leg...but alas, nothing. Dude had pieces of so many characters, evenhad pieces of mk vi,...but no effin leg. Arrrrrgggghhhh!!

Back