Hot Toys – MMS132 - Iron Man 2: Mark VI full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Overall, I think most figures are fine. We live here in a bubble and so I think things seem to be much worse. Now, does that mean HT is and has had QC issues? Yup, I love their stuff but have said for years they have issues just like everyone else.

Totally loving this fig! Love mixing & matching the battle damage and I love posing this bad boy! The articulation is really fan-freaking-tastic. Wish the knee joints were a bit tighter so he could hold really deep poses without the stand.

I don't want to sit around every week and change things up. I like this scale but I personally treat them as 1:6th mini statues for the most part.

boring.jpg

The articulation is a huge part of the appeal of HT figures.
Like static, fixed sculpture? Then buy some crap polystone! :wink1:

I like to stick with a good pose as well....once I find a really good pose I'll leave him there until I get ready to take more photos....

Totally loving this fig! Love mixing & matching the battle damage and I love posing this bad boy! The articulation is really fan-freaking-tastic. Wish the knee joints were a bit tighter so he could hold really deep poses without the stand.

boring.jpg

Agreed love the figure. Its nice to have the articulation incase I get a wild hair to change things up.

boring.jpg

LOL. Some people don't have time to play with their toys every day. :lol

Just let people collect the way they want.

Im really suprised at how expensive this one is and how much even pieces of it are going for.

To be honest, I have no interest in battle damaged and was hoping to put together a clean version from parts. Ive seen Iron Man bodies by themselves go for typically around $100, but I can't seem to track down a body for less than $190. Thats about as much as a regular figure.

I must have the worst luck. First my EX Bruce Lee Exclusive Figure box was crushed. Now I open my Mark VI and one of the chest pegs was snapped off because of misalignment when put together at the factory. Now I gotta file another claim with SS. I'm not gonna even try to crazy glue it back.

Last edited:
So after seeing all the photos here I went to my comic shop and picked him up. What a cool figure. Did anyone have trouble getting the back air flaps on? I can't get mine on for the life of me.

The flaps will go in. You will just have to wiggle them in and just take your time. That is what I had to do on my figs.

I must have the worst luck. First my EX Bruce Lee Exclusive Figure box was crushed. Now I open my Mark VI and one of the chest pegs was snapped off because of misalignment when put together at the factory. Now I gotta file another claim with SS. I'm not gonna even try to crazy glue it back.

Sorry to hear that, but SS will make it right. I know the most part of it is waiting to get a replacement, but in the end you will get a better one.

flaw #2, metal piece in mask came undone and still clung to the magnet on head. At least this one is a easy fix with crazy glue

what are the chances SS still has extras to cover replacements? Or can they just send out the replacement part. I don't want to send the whole figure back and tell me all they can do is offer me a full refund.

The best thing to do is email them as soon as possible with pics of the damage or wait to call them on Monday when they are open. You are just going to have see what they say unfortunately. I don't think anybody can really anwser your question fully unless a person from SS comments on here. :)

My mark vi exclusive just came in today. I gota say my war machine came in better condition. Although luckily no missing pieces, theres red paint chipping off everywhere, flaking off everywhere on my desk. One of the articulated hands isn't so useful anymore, all the finger joints are loose. No more posture there. Both faceplate metal pieces came off, the clean mask still had the metal plates sticking to the magnets. Luckily all loose pieces still inside the box.

Personally, with the delay, I expected it to be in much better condition.

My mark vi exclusive just came in today. I gota say my war machine came in better condition. Although luckily no missing pieces, theres red paint chipping off everywhere, flaking off everywhere on my desk. One of the articulated hands isn't so useful anymore, all the finger joints are loose. No more posture there. Both faceplate metal pieces came off, the clean mask still had the metal plates sticking to the magnets. Luckily all loose pieces still inside the box.

Personally, with the delay, I expected it to be in much better condition.

Sorry to hear that man. Was this from SS? Sounds like the piece you're having is rusting away by itself.

I guess the Batman DX wasn't a wake up call to their quality control problems. I also guess since so many quality control problems keep happening to this day they have no intention of changing...

Overall, I think most figures are fine. We live here in a bubble and so I think things seem to be much worse. Now, does that mean HT is and has had QC issues? Yup, I love their stuff but have said for years they have issues just like everyone else.

Only problem is their issues aren't getting better. It's getting worse.

Last edited:
Man I need to move my Iron Man stuff to a bigger shelf so I can display them more in action rather than all just standing in a row.

Back