Hot Toys–DX 03- Michael Jackson 'Bad' spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I edited another possibility into my comment as you were replying. You wrote here that you asked 'how much it would cost shipped 2 Ireland.' If used numbers in place of words in writing to him, just as here, he might've thought you were asking on the postage for 2 figures to Ireland, which if so would mean he was quoting postage at $60 each ($400 + $120). Maybe that's it?

Well now that you mention that, i searched my sent folder to find my original message i sent "how much shipped 2 Ireland? thanks." ..so ya it could be a misunderstanding, but this is no over reaction as there are dealers like this out there who are just out to screw people over,and we should all be aware of them ..so i wasn't in the wrong in how i reacted to his price.

2 put an end to this ..can someone else from Ireland or the uk who has a youtube account ask for a price on the figure(being very clear its just the one figure)it will be interesting to see what price he gives, but the message i sent to him since may have had an effect lol.

I've been eyeing the KO recasted Billie Jean sculpts on eBay. So many people complained about the Thriller head, and how they wanted the other sculpt that we were shown originally. But no one complained about the head that Michael approved of him self. I've been looking at it, and made a few digital mods to it via Microsoft paint. I dont have photo shop. Here's the pic-
customMJ.jpg

First thing you'll notice is that I shortened that Leno chin, and gave it the dimple. I widened the lips, narrowed the nose, and raised it a little higher on his face, giving him a bigger gap between his nose and his upper lip. Raised the cheek bones, gave him heavy eye liner, and added eye shadow make up. Topped of with a few more strands of hair painted across his forehead. In my opinion, it looks alot better, and alot more like him from the Dangerous/HiStory era. But I'm also seeing alot of "The Way You Make Me Feel" video look. Maybe its the blue shirt.

Considering going ahead and doing this on the mentioned ko recasts. Just wanted some thoughts. Opinions.
Hi Dragontron,

I think the changes you made to the figure are dead-on right and your results are 100% better than the original. The "Jay Leno" jaw (good one, I wouldn't have tought to call it that) was so wrong as were the eyes chin and the upper lip. You say Michael approved the other one? Hard to believe. Maybe he didn't have his reading glasses on at the time. I think he would have liked your results better as it definitely looks a lot more like him. Good job! :)

Thats just madness! 140euro/169$ (depending on customs & postage) from Loontentoys. I live in Ireland too. I hate rip off artists!:slap

Exactly, i can get the Bad figure from Toys2 for like 152 euro in total.
While a shop in my hometown charges 250 for it or so, come on now.

Well now that you mention that, i searched my sent folder to find my original message i sent "how much shipped 2 Ireland? thanks." ..so ya it could be a misunderstanding, but this is no over reaction as there are dealers like this out there who are just out to screw people over,and we should all be aware of them ..so i wasn't in the wrong in how i reacted to his price.

2 put an end to this ..can someone else from Ireland or the uk who has a youtube account ask for a price on the figure(being very clear its just the one figure)it will be interesting to see what price he gives, but the message i sent to him since may have had an effect lol.

Why to his Youtube acount? What is his Youtube user name? Living in the U.K I thought about buying from that store a couple of times but this has put me off. Then again if it's a misunderstanding...

^^^Ya an idea when he is getting his instock?
Ya it turned out all to be a misunderstanding ..but i still ain't gonna pay $200+delivery for this figure ..and the way he done that unboxing didn't help ..but i'd say that one belongs to him.

Had my itunes on random and just as I clicked into this thread, MJ came on.

Granted it was 'beat It', not 'BAD', but still awesome.

Looking forward to getting this at some point.

Umm, why isnt this thread booming anymore?
017.gif

It was alive at one point & has now died down..

A simple reply every 6 hours. You would think it would be HOT, seeing as this is a newly released figure! Obviously no one in the States has this guy yet?! Theres more discussion going on in thread for figures that have months to go before release. Hell, the Batman/TDk threads have more spice & that figure & movie has been out for about 2 years.. Really breaks my heart...
icon_cry.gif

Sha'mone my fellow M.J lovers, lets keep this thread at the top & get some action going in this thread, dedicated to the angel that is Michael Jackson & a figure of his likeness!

Last edited:
Umm, why isnt this thread booming anymore?
017.gif

It was alive at one point & has now died down..

A simple reply every 6 hours. You would think it would be HOT, seeing as this is a newly released figure! Obviously no one in the States has this guy yet?! Theres more discussion going on in thread for figures that have months to go before release. Hell, the Batman/TDk threads have more spice & that figure & movie has been out for about 2 years.. Really breaks my heart...
icon_cry.gif

Sha'mone my fellow M.J lovers, lets keep this thread at the top & get some action going in this thread, dedicated to the angel that is Michael Jackson & a figure of his likeness!

There's your reason...
Until people have it in hand.. there's not that much to discuss...

Oh, and the TDK threads are filled with nitpicking and annoying fanboys... I wouldn't want the same happening here at all!!! :D

Well once loontentoys has this guy instock and i sell off a few pieces to fund it,i will order it asap, take loads of pics and even do a full on video review 4 you all:)..may even do 2 videos on the figure ..one being the review and the other just a closer look style vid showing off all the poses with the music of course:)

There's your reason...
Until people have it in hand.. there's not that much to discuss...

Oh, and the TDK threads are filled with nitpicking and annoying fanboys... I wouldn't want the same happening here at all!!! :D

I see you've been over.

Well once loontentoys has this guy instock and i sell off a few pieces to fund it,i will order it asap, take loads of pics and even do a full on video review 4 you all:)..may even do 2 videos on the figure ..one being the review and the other just a closer look style vid showing off all the poses with the music of course:)

Looking forwards to it. There just isn't the excitement around this figure compared to the other two DXs and I really don't know why. A small trickle of pictures too.

I am not a big fans of MJ but this DX just look so good

IMG_2862.jpg

IMG_2694.jpg

IMG_2739.jpg

IMG_2684.jpg

IMG_2710.jpg

IMG_2752.jpg

IMG_2869.jpg

IMG_2837.jpg

IMG_2828.jpg

IMG_2848.jpg

Wonder how hard its is to remove all those belts to swap the shirts, and then to put them back on.

Back