Hot Toys–DX 03- Michael Jackson 'Bad' spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Also I was wondering if they ever revealed the results of the poll, because it seemed that 'Smooth Criminal' was the heavy favourite. If 'Smooth Criminal' did in fact win, why 'Bad'? If they do plan to release a 'Smooth Criminal' all I ask is for the figure to have the ability to do the forward lean. That is all!

This figure was far ahead in development when they posted the poll,
I'm sure they just posted it for (hopefully) future releases... I also think they were expecting people to vote more for Bad MJ...
But the most popular was HIStory... :D

Next MJ you wanna see in M ICON

Bad 11% (3,389 votes)
Smooth Criminal 11% (3,339 votes)
History 46% (13,726 votes)
Billie Jean (1983) - Motown 31% (9,155 votes)
Total Votes: 29,609

LOL! Imagine if Wong Kai Kui was annonced as the DX, the servers would have crashed! :lol I wish they re-did the original "New York" James Dean to look more like the box art:

dean_Full_1.jpg

dean_Box.jpg

Now that would be awesome IMO.

HELL YES, give me a better new style Dean anyday.
Btw those milk MJ pics are cool

I personally don't care that the likeness is slightly off, imo he looks alot more badass. and I love the 80's jheri curl hair sculpt, definately Hot Toys best MJ sculpt.

Last edited:
How can make arrive this to hot toys? can some one help me?

To be perfect

BAD VERSION

- White t-shirt more small, it almost cannot have to see it

- buttons of black t-shirt on the other side

- police belt out

4fy9vl.jpg

2chkd3d.jpg

DIRTY DIANA VERSION

- all belts are diferent,

- police belt have all his plates of the same style (HOT TOYS puts the center with a grey background)

- white ribbons in the pants

- boots simple with no decoration

- different gloves without spikes and a little bigger

- strips on fingers of right hand

- microphone with stand

98vdyu.jpg

vwx2l5.jpg

vfkrae.jpg

Long time lurker, first time poster! :D I just felt the need to comment on the new Jackson figure and agree with alot of the sentiments that were said. With better planning the 'Thriller' should have been the DX figure as it feels more suited with the iconic video and record sales. It gives the DX title more prestige. Plus it feels like a DX with it's second head sculpt and zombified clothing.

Also I was wondering if they ever revealed the results of the poll, because it seemed that 'Smooth Criminal' was the heavy favourite. If 'Smooth Criminal' did in fact win, why 'Bad'? If they do plan to release a 'Smooth Criminal' all I ask is for the figure to have the ability to do the forward lean. That is all!

I see what you are saying but Smooth criminal is little more than a white suit. Im glad they went with what they did.

Is this one of those "can you spot the difference" games... as aside from the new pinhead I'm not seeing much :lol

is it possible that this figure comes with NO accesories for him to acually hold? what's with hot toys? only hands, a base, and a white shirt as extras.....eh

I'm not sure what he would come with to hold. I guess he could come with a microphone for the Dirty Diana look.

I don't understand why he doesn't come with an extra set of pants for two full outfits. Especially when thriller did and it was identical and thriler was not even DX

I think there could be accersories that would push this into more of a DX fig:

• A "Wanted" poster of MJ like in the video
  • A background of the Subway like the Godfather or Mech Test Stark have
  • As other ppl have mentioned, a mic and stand
  • And to top it off, a "screaming" head sculpt

What ya'll think? Feel free to add.

I'm not sure what he would come with to hold. I guess he could come with a microphone for the Dirty Diana look.

I don't understand why he doesn't come with an extra set of pants for two full outfits. Especially when thriller did and it was identical and thriler was not even DX

I agree this should come with an extra pants nd boots givin that its the dx03 ..but come on ..thriller was easy ..very simplistic,there is allot of detail in this figure so giving it 2 pairs of pants might be allot of work..but that said he does come with very few accessories so they should give us the double costume option 2 make up 4 that.

i mean look at how jam-packed the previous two DX's were and this one-don't get me wrong it looks very impressive, but there is more they couldve done cuz this is a DX!

Back