Hot Toys–DX 03- Michael Jackson 'Bad' spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the link Snake!!
THis pic is awesome!!!

ap_20100225122627290.jpg

Kuzeh's pic there looks much better but I still think something looks a bit off to me of the likeness.

I'll still end up buying one though.

-Joe

Now I know how Macaulay Culkin felt :horror

How's that?
Do you know something we don't?... :dunno

So, who's going to make a custom Captain EO outfit???

HT_MJ_Bad_PR03.jpg

captain-eo.jpg

Just a few little tweaks, and he'd be perfect!!!

It would be awesome, but the outfit looks pretty complex IMO...
maybe using some SW hasbro Leia Hoth outfits might work...

HT released 3 versions of Wong Kai Kui as part of the Icons line... no one seemed to care. So why get bunched up about MJ?

And so far we have 5 Iron Mans, 3 Jokers (with 4 versions) and 4 Batmans. HT makes what sells, and as long as they keep making figures I also want I'm good with whatever they make.

review_wkk_1.jpg

I have no clue who that even is nor had I heard of any of the figures. As far as getting bunched up about a Jackson figure. I'm not I could really care less honestly. I just commenting to comment on it more than anything. I guess for me I just find zero appeal to even bother making a Jackson figure. I guess I'd just rather see them make figures on the Movies/TV shows area than something like this MJ unless they want to make my favorite MJ.

:rotfl:rotfl

It's a shame people feel the need to defile every single thread on Michael Jackson with these prejudicial kind of comments.

Give it a rest.

As for MJ not earning a DX-release - whatever your view on the man might be, there's no denying he was one of the most successful, popular and influential pop-artists in history.

Last edited:
So, does anyone think much has changed since this pic SpawnFan posted:

DSC04046.jpg

Only ask, because it looks much better here than the specs to me.

Honestly, I suspect if you took the below pose and shot it in natural light from the same angle, you wouldn't be able to tell the difference:

HT_MJ_Bad_PR12.jpg

Just IMO, of course. :)

Looks like the hairline has changed... Its more wild looking in the HT pics...:gun

Ive got no problem with the eyes in fact I think HT really perfected PERS here. Jokers eyes looked retarded and Batmans were not much better but these look amazing.

I don't know how I feel about owning 4 Michaels (i count thriller as 2) but I am like super pumped for this. Super pumped like I can't wait pumped. I was a big fan of MJ as a kid and all but I'm not like a super fanatic. I bought Bille Jean before he died and liked it then so i don't consider myself one of the bandwagon jumpers that suddenly realized he was great after he died. But the figure itself looks just so amazing. I liked the Thriller and all and the Bille Jean too but getting the Thriller seemed almost like chore, i dunno. I knew i wanted it and would regret not getting it but was not jazzed about dropping the money on it. This to me is the ultimate MJ the only one to have if you only want to have one. It's at the peak of his career IMO, the best likeness and outfit, the most legendary too.

as mentioned a lot here I too agree it lacks DX-ness. If thriller came with seperate identical pants why not this? then the head could have another facial expression, the second does not even have to be PERS. It feels like we were short changed here.

Not perfect, but the best likeness out of all three yet.

I got ahold of it in photoshop. A simple slight squashing of the face, bolder eyebrows, darker eye shadow, a bit sharper tip to the nose, and bigger pupils make if look much more like Mike. But it's my artist eye that is so picky.

picture.php

Bummer. Not the big DX announcement I had in mind. As usual HT did a fantastic job. Very detailed but not the kinda figure that really deserved the DX treatment.

If I were Hot Toys I'd be holding a little something back. We all know the routine now. Pick apart the proto. Then astound and reclaim admiration by bringing something more to the table, just prior to release. Yes, I mean quadraphonic hair peoples.

Long time lurker, first time poster! :D I just felt the need to comment on the new Jackson figure and agree with alot of the sentiments that were said. With better planning the 'Thriller' should have been the DX figure as it feels more suited with the iconic video and record sales. It gives the DX title more prestige. Plus it feels like a DX with it's second head sculpt and zombified clothing.

Also I was wondering if they ever revealed the results of the poll, because it seemed that 'Smooth Criminal' was the heavy favourite. If 'Smooth Criminal' did in fact win, why 'Bad'? If they do plan to release a 'Smooth Criminal' all I ask is for the figure to have the ability to do the forward lean. That is all!

Back