Hot Toys–DX 03- Michael Jackson 'Bad' spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think this deserved a spot in the DX line and those who are not happy with it next week will probably bring a new figure announcement.

:lecture
Excellent post!!!
There's also 3 Marlon Brandos....
I've noticed that whining has increased over the past couple of years...
I love HT stuff and SS stuff, I buy what I like and pass on what I don't... no need to whine about it!
:monkey3

Forgot about the 3 Brandos...

Zero interest in the figure or the person, but that is about as perfect a figure as you can ask for. Very well done by Hot Toys.

The King speaks the truth!!!
:rock:rock:rock!!

546seal-of-approval.jpeg

Wha, whe, I wasn't even aware of it... sod em all!

As I always say, when I get a new spec I post up if no one else has.
I for one don't like trawling threads for pics and specs, I like all that gubbins on the first page!

I always appreciate you creating a new thread with all the full specs & pics on the first page. I've found it very useful whenever I needed the info/pics for references etc...

Keep posting them Wookster!

Not sure why this is a DX, its pretty light on accessories, 2 extra shirts? DX meant extra heads and costumes I thought?

It looks great, but wheres my Reeves Superman with extra Clark Kent suit?!

Not sure why this is a DX, its pretty light on accessories, 2 extra shirts? DX meant extra heads and costumes I thought?

It looks great, but wheres my Reeves Superman with extra Clark Kent suit?!

Actually DX comes from Deluxe I believe, and the outfit alone is a beauty IMO...
We could use an extra head though...with this portrait maybe:

Dirty-Diana-dirty-diana-7521154-446-500.jpg

Last edited:
Actually DX comes from Deluxe I believe...
and the outfit alone is a beauty IMO...
We could use an extra head though...

Well yes it means Deluxe, but my point was Joker had everything here, the PERS, complex good looking outfit, still came with an extra head and whole extra suit.

Batman's suit just as complex, still had an extra head, backpack, stickygun.

This has an extra t-shirt and dress shirt. And its the same T-shirt under the black shirt, so you get an extra white shirt that doesn't button up or close. It seems kind of underwhelming and more suited for a regular release. Thriller would have better suited it. I hope this isn't a sign that future DX figures won't include extra outfits or heads anymore. This release seems to be indicating all that makes a DX is PERS and a big square base.

It just seems to do a Superman and have an extra Clark Kent sculpt and full suit included, would better encompass what this DX line has been about so far.

Last edited:
HT released 3 versions of Wong Kai Kui as part of the Icons line... no one seemed to care. So why get bunched up about MJ?
And so far we have 5 Iron Mans, 3 Jokers (with 4 versions) and 4 Batmans. HT makes what sells, and as long as they keep making figures I also want I'm good with whatever they make.

review_wkk_1.jpg

LOL! Imagine if Wong Kai Kui was annonced as the DX, the servers would have crashed! :lol I wish they re-did the original "New York" James Dean to look more like the box art:

dean_Full_1.jpg

dean_Box.jpg

Now that would be awesome IMO.

So, does anyone think much has changed since this pic SpawnFan posted:

DSC04046.jpg

Only ask, because it looks much better here than the specs to me.

So, does anyone think much has changed since this pic SpawnFan posted:

DSC04046.jpg

Only ask, because it looks much better here than the specs to me.

Everyone keeps saying this version looks better, but I'm not sure why? They look largely the same to me, just seen at a different angle. I think the DX's head would look very similar if photographed at that angle. Could someone please explain to me what they see? :eek:

I pretty much always prefer HT figs in natural light and, seeing as this is and therefore looks better to me, wondered if it wa sthe exact same figure as the specs.

I pretty much always prefer HT figs in natural light and, seeing as this is and therefore looks better to me, wondered if it wa sthe exact same figure as the specs.

Honestly, I suspect if you took the below pose and shot it in natural light from the same angle, you wouldn't be able to tell the difference:

HT_MJ_Bad_PR12.jpg

Just IMO, of course. :)

I think for a DX package he should have came with more. All I'm seeing is one complex costume and an extra shirt. I know he has a PERS head, but compared to DX01 and 02, he's a little light on extras. The Thriller Jackson comes off like a DX compared to this.

Back