Hot Toys–DX 03- Michael Jackson 'Bad' spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love Michael, I really do. But I must say, It kinda makes me laugh knowing that these figures are a represention of the same person....
Gotta love M.J though regardless
icon_love.gif
!!

38385_418592896580_608591580_5225592_583234_n.jpg

38385_418592906580_608591580_5225594_5184728_n.jpg

Was just checkin' out HT Facebook, saw them & thought Ill'd pass them along to the rest of the fandom who hadn't seen them. Credit goes to "DragonSim"

Last edited:
^^
icon_w00t.gif
Awesome pics, vodoun! Are you manipulating your pics to make the likeness greater?! :lol

It seems your pics really captures the epicness of the figure very well & has a great likeness to Michael! Is it the camera angle's your using? Would you mind taking one "straight forward"? Where the head is directly facing the camera, without an angle!

I think its all about good lighting and color. Vodoun's pics has a lot more contrast that brings out/adds more colors on MJ's face than you normally see on the toy under regular room light. The light adds the 'bleached' effect on the face, and the one side cast shadows hides the slightly wide nose bridge on the figure, sort of hiding the flaws while pushing the nice parts. Nice pics Vodoun.

^^
icon_w00t.gif
Awesome pics, vodoun! Are you manipulating your pics to make the likeness greater?! :lol

It seems your pics really captures the epicness of the figure very well & has a great likeness to Michael! Is it the camera angle's your using? Would you mind taking one "straight forward"? Where the head is directly facing the camera, without an angle!

Like Photoshop enhancing? then no, custom colour settings in the camera, yes and the right lighting in the house. I have the contrast up on the camera and the sharpness set to nearly the lowest it'll go.

Cheers fellas!

mg00701.jpg

Awesome work dude!!
i absolutely love your MJ pics... they have some sort of soul... it's hard to explain!!
You capture the essence of MJ perfectly!

Thanks for sharing!!!
Maybe you can make one of all 3 MJs together?

:rock!

Like Photoshop enhancing? then no, custom colour settings in the camera, yes and the right lighting in the house. I have the contrast up on the camera and the sharpness set to nearly the lowest it'll go.

Cheers fellas!

*~MJ Pic Snip~*

Hot damn, that is awesome! Thanks!

I think I'm falling in love with your camera & the effects its capable of achieving, rather than the figures your capturing with it :lol. I remember the awesome pics you took of the DX Batman over in the DX02 thread. I honestly wouldn't know how to act if I had a camera like that. What brand is that, if you dont mind me askin'. Any personal preferred retailer I could purchase one from? Ive been in the market for a "high-end" camera for awhile & I've think I've found a winner!!!!

It's Canon. It was bought through the Amazon marketplace. Strangely enough it was fairly local where it was bought. Less than an hour drive away.

It's Canon. It was bought through the Amazon marketplace. Strangely enough it was fairly local where it was bought. Less than an hour drive away.

But you have soft filtered and background blurred in photoshop right?
That looks terribly like a gaussian blur to me? And you have added logos on some of them?

cool stuff though! (sure you didn't slightly change the eyes on a couple!?! :))

Great pics.

But you have soft filtered and background blurred in photoshop right?
That looks terribly like a gaussian blur to me? And you have added logos on some of them?

These had some Photoshop background blur with the blur tool. As my Fuji couldn't achieve it. The newest photos however, thats all camera. The added logos in any photo now was the only Photoshop part in the new photos.

cool stuff though! (sure you didn't slightly change the eyes on a couple!?! :))

No touching up to the eyes whatsoever.

Great pics.

Gracias!

Got mine Today! Need to get him his own shelf.
kdk_0505.jpg

kdk_0507.jpg

kdk_0520.jpg

kdk_0519.jpg

kdk_0518.jpg

Honestly, MJ is my new favorite figure, he's just so damn Bad! Pun intended.

This is what im getting,what a joke!!!

I got 2,the other one is perfect while this one missed the peg and shoe,heavily damaged DX03 cardboard box,same with the Figure box,can clearly tell this one have been opened too,didn't have that smell of new figure and everything seemed so easy to take out,no plastic around the stand and you can see it's a real mess in there.The shipping box with the 2 figures in it was fine too,no damage,just this particular figure and box,it was open and torn apart like that when i got it,it was not something i just did.

^^^ Oh man! that is a total mess! I feel for you man, I ordered one and if that one came like that I would have cried :( . Where did you buy them from ?

Back