Hot Toys– Hot Angel x- MMS 74- SHE PREDATOR - MACHIKO full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And here's a shot of that newly developed body.
I think if/wheh they make these available as a base body, a few swap outs might be taking place!

14AVP_ShePredator_Machiko.jpg

God, I hope they sell these separate. I have a few ideas for kitbashes a replacements and these look very well articulated without too many joints.

Just to clarify...

It was scarred from the scene in the elevator with Ripley. When the Alien jumped into the doorway as it was closing. Shot Alien...acid splash...had to take off his armor...ended up with the bandage over his face at the end.

Man, its been awhile since I last saw this movie. I think I need to watch it again! Thanks for clarifying!

Was it Hudson then who got splashed in the APC? I think I remembered someone getting splashed in the APC..... :confused:

Man, its been awhile since I last saw this movie. I think I need to watch it again! Thanks for clarifying!

Was it Hudson then who got splashed in the APC? I think I remembered someone getting splashed in the APC..... :confused:

Yeah, Hudson got sprayed on the arm. I think he kept it bandaged for most the rest of the movie.

Might we see some kind of "grown up" Newt from the Dark Horse comics in this line? Think this is likely?

Boo! Too much! Too much!

They're dead alright, can I go now!

By the way, they changed the names in the comics...so you'll get Billy and Wilks! :lol

Am I seeing well? Did Hot Toys improve the proportions of the human figure? Are you guys seeing the difference? The other lines like for example the Colonial Marines from Aliens or Lt. Ripley they all kind of have big heads, small hands and feet...but this Machiko version looks BETTER proportionally. Or is it just my mind playing tricks!?

How many times is that image gonna get posted? I mean, it's cool, but it's like... ZOMG IT'S TEH BOOBIE!

...not that I mind it. I just always dug this artistic interpretation:
156vbpf.jpg

She's too sexy to pass up. I'm trying to figure out who is hotter, her or Appleseed Deunan :D

Good question. I'm really curious what the rest of this line is going to consist of. This is an excellent sign of things to come. If the rest are as hot as she is, I may have found a line.

Does anyone have pics of the original, comic version of Machiko?

Interesting. Thanks. This is the one someone was talking about earlier, when they complained she looked like a scary Jolie/Portman, instead of being pretty and Asian?

To be honest, the facial expressions on that page made the character look worse. I'll post up more pics soon. Still, I hope people who aren't "in the know" with the AvP comics and novels will AT LEAST spend a couple bucks (used) on Amazon for the first AvP novel, and know what the hell her character is than, 'just some Japanese chick.'

To anyone paying $100-$200 on this figure, spend $5 and...
:read

I snapped a pic of a page a while back, some members here may still have it. I'll update it later too.

24ooeab.jpg

Yeah, from War #0. Haven't picked up the rest of the series yet, although the original Deadliest of the Species series was excellent. A real Aliens/Predator hybrid. Was extremely disappointed that wasn't the way they went with the first movie.

She's actually not that hot in the comic.

Which is a big part of why Machiko worked as a character. Despite being contemporaneous with the worst of the 'Bad Girl' craze in comics, and the obvious potential for a 'predette' to go down that route, the character was kept very practical and grounded. Far better IMO, just a shame that Hot Toys were too much in need of a nice bromide tea to keep to that concept...

Darkhorse comics has released the Omnibus format, with all the Aliens and Predator comics gathered into volumes. You guys should check it out.

Read the first book. Didn't like it, but she is a hot japanese chick.

IIRC the books made a fairly hefty effort to emphasize that Machiko did not have pin-up looks.

Anyway, the point is that the book/comic character is not in the OTT way that the figure is - or most comic-book heroines are, for that matter. I mean, you really can't imagine the HT version with her high heels performing the sort of combat acrobatics that the comic-book incarnation does.

Back