Hot Toy DX08 - BATMAN - The Joker (Jack Nicholson) - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BTW -- shout out to BBTS excellent customer service! Got my replacement overcoat and its damn near perfect! Amazing how different it is from the one I got in the box.

They truly are superb, I order from no where else for 1/6.

So Snake is the whole figure now perfect now that you got that replacement or do you have other issues with figure? I am on the fence about buying this.

Oh I didn't have any issues with Joker. Batman I had to send back because of scuffs all over his cape and I got a fresh figure back.

But as for Jack I would go for it, you might get a couple minor issues with it but the majority of people were all very happy with it, me included. My only issue is his left foot is a little loose, other than that he's perfect.

I had to fix the wiring in the stand though since when I moved one light the other would move out of it's position. So I opened it all up and gave the wire slack and now it's fine.

I love the Batman figure and think overall it's better than the Joker, but I think the Joker has more life and soul to it.

If the HT Superman has taught us anything, Joker will be in stock... for a long... long... time. BBTS has close to 300 in their stock and that is only 1 retailer.

If you get it from BBTS, any rare issues you get, they will gladly replace and help you until your satisfied.

I am guessing they ordered it directly from hot toys and not sideshow? I think maybe most of the poor QC ones come from sideshow?:dunno

:exactly: my dealer has just said me that. directly from HT, hong kong...

Oh I didn't have any issues with Joker. Batman I had to send back because of scuffs all over his cape and I got a fresh figure back.

But as for Jack I would go for it, you might get a couple minor issues with it but the majority of people were all very happy with it, me included. My only issue is his left foot is a little loose, other than that he's perfect.

I had to fix the wiring in the stand though since when I moved one light the other would move out of it's position. So I opened it all up and gave the wire slack and now it's fine.

I love the Batman figure and think overall it's better than the Joker, but I think the Joker has more life and soul to it.

If the HT Superman has taught us anything, Joker will be in stock... for a long... long... time. BBTS has close to 300 in their stock and that is only 1 retailer.

If you get it from BBTS, any rare issues you get, they will gladly replace and help you until your satisfied.

Batman is really cool, but joker is full of life and colours, just love it! Don't really know who is the best, I cant imagine my life now not owning any one of them :p
the stand on my joker does the same think with the lights... I think I will open it too and see what's happening

So you got no glue stains on the shirt or Jackets? My main concern is that orange shirt because you can not replace that because it is sewed shut. While everything else can pretty much be replaced.

So your only issue apart from the replacement coat was the left foot?

:exactly: my dealer has just said me that. directly from HT, hong kong...

Batman is really cool, but joker is full of life and colours, just love it! Don't really know who is the best, I cant imagine my life now not owning any one of them :p
the stand on my joker does the same think with the lights... I think I will open it too and see what's happening

It's a real quick fix. Your lights are probably how mine were and wrapped tight around a screw peg. Just give it some slack and the lights will be worlds easier to move and can go in any direction without any effort.

So you got no glue stains on the shirt or Jackets? My main concern is that orange shirt because you can not replace that because it is sewed shut. While everything else can pretty much be replaced.

So your only issue apart from the replacement coat was the left foot?

I think you had me confused with another poster. I just stated how great BBTS is with their customer service. But now that you bring it up, the only probably I noticed with his clothing was a few whispy strands of fabric around the buttons of his vest which were a easy fix with sissors.

I honestly wouldn't worry too much about problems with it, and if you get it through BBTS and you have an issue they will do all in their power to make sure your satisfied.

The foot is just wobbly but holds positions. I bought a set of replacement feet but how they have the socks and pegs made it would be too much trouble to fix it so I decided to just leave it.

I haven't even opened the overcoat out of the plastic since I will never put it on him.

One thing I would say to be watchful for is if you get it, be careful of his hate since it's very fragile and tends to get divits in it if you have him hold it like mine. I have a replacement coming this week that I bought that I will keep since it will be untainted.

That hat was so cheaply made, should of been fabric :mad:

I know this is off topic but your DX Joker looks good there. How do you hide the big eyes so well with the PERS in that picture?

Tilt the head down forward.

Yeah, what he said. When you tilt your head down and then look ahead, your eye's are naturally open quite wide (try it in the mirror), so it looks pretty natural here.

IMG_1122.jpg

Great shot.

It's a real quick fix. Your lights are probably how mine were and wrapped tight around a screw peg. Just give it some slack and the lights will be worlds easier to move and can go in any direction without any effort.

I think you had me confused with another poster. I just stated how great BBTS is with their customer service. But now that you bring it up, the only probably I noticed with his clothing was a few whispy strands of fabric around the buttons of his vest which were a easy fix with sissors.

I honestly wouldn't worry too much about problems with it, and if you get it through BBTS and you have an issue they will do all in their power to make sure your satisfied.

The foot is just wobbly but holds positions. I bought a set of replacement feet but how they have the socks and pegs made it would be too much trouble to fix it so I decided to just leave it.

I haven't even opened the overcoat out of the plastic since I will never put it on him.

One thing I would say to be watchful for is if you get it, be careful of his hate since it's very fragile and tends to get divits in it if you have him hold it like mine. I have a replacement coming this week that I bought that I will keep since it will be untainted.

That hat was so cheaply made, should of been fabric :mad:

Yeah I did get you confused with someone else and like you I do not want put that overcoat on anyway. I think there is a lot of nit picking from other posters about the clothes, it is natural for the clothes to have wispy strands. I was just worried about the glue stains but yours is pretty much perfect?

Yeah I did get you confused with someone else and like you I do not want put that overcoat on anyway. I think there is a lot of nit picking from other posters about the clothes, it is natural for the clothes to have wispy strands. I was just worried about the glue stains but yours is pretty much perfect?

Yes it is. I checked it as best I could without taking his coat off and he looks great. His little tie thing is a bit stiff and doesn't lay relaxed but I think everyone's is like that.

Yes it is. I checked it as best I could without taking his coat off and he looks great. His little tie thing is a bit stiff and doesn't lay relaxed but I think everyone's is like that. :goodpost:

That's good then, sorry didn't mean to annoy you and make you inspect things so much. Thanks for doing that though I really appreciate that. I think I will risk it now and get the figure.

man im truly amazed at how great this figure is. the clothes and the headsculpt and everything just about is spot on to the movie. i hope they do the same level of amazing quality with the Batman Returns line!

This guy's ankles aren't very tight... and it's damn hard to get his coat off... can't imagine how much harder it would be to put back on.

I'm guessing everyone has some adhesive behind the lapels of the open coat?

Last edited:
I guess MY last pic does look's a little like a sinatra feel but didnt intend to....ha ha i think its the hat that gives it that likeness......

Back