Hot Toy DX08 - BATMAN - The Joker (Jack Nicholson) - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know about you guys, but any character I don't like is obviously only popular due to blind fanboyism and people just following what's "in." No one else can genuinely like something like I do unless I agree with it. That also applies to my favourite foods, colours, etc.

Seriously...as Raish? I doubt it, it sounds much more Arabic as 'Raz' rather than 'Raish' with the latter sounding too much like someone trying to over complicate a simple word.

Do you speak Arabic? Or do you just go by what "sounds" like Arabic when using words from a language you don't speak?

To me, it's "Raazzzzzz" that sounds like someone trying to over-complicate a simple, yet exotic, word from a foreign language. I see it all the time when Westerners try to pronounce Arabic words and names, and it's very frustrating.

What was wrong with your first Joker if you do not mind me asking, or did you just want a second one?

Not one single thing, luckily, so you are quite correct in your assumption. I am just greedy :wink1:

Do you speak Arabic? Or do you just go by what "sounds" like Arabic when using words from a language you don't speak?

To me, it's "Raazzzzzz" that sounds like someone trying to over-complicate a simple, yet exotic, word from a foreign language. I see it all the time when Westerners try to pronounce Arabic words and names, and it's very frustrating.

Well for a start, please calm down friend, and don't read anything greater into my sentence than personal opinion. Do I speak/read Arabic? No I do not, but then I never even inferred that I did. All I was saying was that it was how I have read and said all my life and how I think it sounds better. I am not intending any slight or offence. With that in mind, here is what I wrote again...

...I doubt it, it sounds much more Arabic as 'Raz' rather than 'Raish' with the latter sounding too much like someone trying to over complicate a simple word.

I had no idea that anyone thus far speaks Arabic in this thread. It is actually quite nice to find a person with more than one language on the forum. Being fluent in Spanish and English does give me a somewhat broader look at language, but I have no real knowledge of actually learning Spanish as my mother's side of my family is from Spain and they always spoke to me in it.

So, have you always spoken Arabic? It's fascinating to realise that it is a spoken language that is one of those ancient signposts of history.

Last edited:
I enjoyed Ledger's Joker a lot but he wasn't Joker enough for me. He just was a psycho who happened to wear Joker makeup. I just think his fanboyism grew even larger after he died like Kurt Kobain (who I love by the way)

Nicholson's Joker had everything he needed, just I could of done without that "artistic" thing they tried to do with him.

Devito's Penquin I liked, that he was born deformed and was vengeful toward normal people. But that fish eating thing was gross. He was definitely the darkest take on the character.

But when it comes down to it, Arkham City had the greatest interpretation of all the characters hands down.

had to post just to turn the page -- tired of looking at that Crow dude and that goofy cater-brow Joker.
You mean this?

attachment.php

Koenig-Andrew-Joker.jpg

:monkey3

Not one single thing, luckily, so you are quite correct in your assumption. I am just greedy :wink1:

LOL I thought so, I do not see that there is anything wrong with that. If I get an extra head or outfit with a figure, I need to get another figure that is the same figure as well because I could not be bothered to swap heads or outfits all the time. So hey why not get 2 Jokers, one for the parade scene with the overcoat and the other classic normal Joker.

:wink1:

I enjoyed Ledger's Joker a lot but he wasn't Joker enough for me. He just was a psycho who happened to wear Joker makeup. I just think his fanboyism grew even larger after he died like Kurt Kobain (who I love by the way)

Nicholson's Joker had everything he needed, just I could of done without that "artistic" thing they tried to do with him.

But when it comes down to it, Arkham City had the greatest interpretation of all the characters hands down.

I agree but I liked how Ledgers Joker looked, yeah he wasn't anything like the comic Joker but I still liked how he looked and I like how he wanted the world to full into chaos. The whole costume and scars on face with uneven make up is one of the coolest looking Jokers I have ever seen.

So it is not fanboyism for me, I just like what the Joker looked like and the character. Just like how I liked the costume and make up on Jack Nicholson Joker character, that is how I fee about Ledger's Joker.

I agree but I liked how Ledgers Joker looked, yeah he wasn't anything like the comic Joker but I still liked how he looked and I like how he wanted the world to full into chaos. The whole costume and scars on face with uneven make up is one of the coolest looking Jokers I have ever seen.

So it is not fanboyism for me, I just like what the Joker looked like and the character. Just like how I liked the costume and make up on Jack Nicholson Joker character, that is how I fee about Ledger's Joker.

I fully agree I didn't care for how Nicholson looked and the fact he was fat.

But Ledger's more modernized look is the best to date. The fact there is no method to his makeup just showed how nuts he was. It was a outer manifestation of the chaos in his head.

Comparied Nicholson and Ledger is like comparing Pizza to Pizza. Their both great, just have different toppings.

I also just recieved my spare Joker hat which was crushed during shipping. The jerkoff seller didn't secure it at all, just thrown it in a envelope... :gah:

Sorry to hear that Snake. Some people are just double-dumb! As if anything that fragile is going to survive a trip through any kind of postal system! :slap

The seller got back to me, they have another hat and they offered to replace it. I might give it a try as long as I get a guarantee they will actually give a ____ in packing it. :dunno

I've liked all the villains from all the Batman films really with the exception of maybe Batman and Robin Bane. Scarecrow is kind of bland but I certainly don't hate him.

Nicholson Joker and Ledger Joker are classics, Penguin is a unique take on an otherwise bland character (the whole abandoned, deformed sideshow freak angle is brilliant), Pfeiffer Catwoman has been a favorite of mine since 1992. I love the depth they added to each of them.

Neeson Ras is one of my favorite characters in the new series. Eckhart Two-Face is great but the only shortcoming is I would have liked to have seen more of him and have his character be more fleshed out. Carrey Riddler is like the Frank Gorshin Riddler on acid, which isn't a bad thing for the film. He's electrifying. It may not be accurate to the comics but I live the zaniness of TLJ Two-Face. The guy is nuts and we never really saw TLJ cheesing it up before as some two toned maniac.

Schwarzenegger as Freeze, well, what more needs to be said? It's full of great, quotable lolz. Uma Thurman as Poison Ivy was pretty much spot on casting. I thought she was perfect for the role. I'm not a big fan of the character but she's fine in the movie for what it is.

Now that leaves Bane and Hathaway Catwoman from TDKR. Bane is sort of "meh" to me so far, he's more lolzy to me than an actual threat. Hathaway Catwoman has grown on me and I think she has potential to be one of the most iconic villains that I've listed in this post. Right up there with the likes of Nicholson and Ledger Joker and Batman Returns Catwoman.

For 7 films I think there's been plenty of great villains. I really have no problems with any of them.

I've liked all the villains from all the Batman films really with the exception of maybe Batman and Robin Bane. Scarecrow is kind of bland but I certainly don't hate him.

Nicholson Joker and Ledger Joker are classics, Penguin is a unique take on an otherwise bland character (the whole abandoned, deformed sideshow freak angle is brilliant), Pfeiffer Catwoman has been a favorite of mine since 1992. I love the depth they added to each of them.

Neeson Ras is one of my favorite characters in the new series. Eckhart Two-Face is great but the only shortcoming is I would have liked to have seen more of him and have his character be more fleshed out. Carrey Riddler is like the Frank Gorshin Riddler on acid, which isn't a bad thing for the film. He's electrifying. It may not be accurate to the comics but I live the zaniness of TLJ Two-Face. The guy is nuts and we never really saw TLJ cheesing it up before as some two toned maniac.

Schwarzenegger as Freeze, well, what more needs to be said? It's full of great, quotable lolz. Uma Thurman as Poison Ivy was pretty much spot on casting. I thought she was perfect for the role. I'm not a big fan of the character but she's fine in the movie for what it is.

Now that leaves Bane and Hathaway Catwoman from TDKR. Bane is sort of "meh" to me so far, he's more lolzy to me than an actual threat. Hathaway Catwoman has grown on me and I think she has potential to be one of the most iconic villains that I've listed in this post. Right up there with the likes of Nicholson and Ledger Joker and Batman Returns Catwoman.

For 7 films I think there's been plenty of great villains. I really have no problems with any of them.

Pretty much summed up how I feel about it too. Pfeiffer to me will be untoppable as Catwoman, it's just something burned into my head. I guess Hathaway will be alright.

I just hope in the next series they try to include different villians. Man-Bat needs to finally make an appearance, as well as Killer Croc. I don't know how Clayface could work in a movie, make him a gigantic mountain of clay? Don't know about that.

Robin needs to make a return in the next series for sure. It seemed like they tried to give him the Nightwing persona in B&R and it didn't work.

I can see him showing up in the 2nd film of the next series and going solo in the third film.

its funny when people say they didnt like burtons penguin but they will wholeheartedly accept ledgers totally messed up inaccurate joker with the ugly smile scar, no class, long greasy hair who had no jokes or sense of humour and licked his lips etc. i find that strange. i dont even see much of a difference between the 2. if you liked ledgers joker you'd probably like devito's dark demented totally unique penguin as opposed to the silly comics version. before burtons interpreation, penguin of the comics was still alot like the burgess meredith version. all the penguins since burton however seemed to make the character much uglier/darker, more monsterous, which is a good thing. burtons penguin had depth. nolans joker was no different then that jigsaw guy from saw. just dumb.

likeing ledgers joker for most has become something of a popularity contest in my eyes. i go with the classics and what touches me personally, not with whats popular at the moment. i honestly dont see whats so great about ledger. people complain about burtons penguin but somehow accept nolans total idiosyncratic messed up joker that is nothing like the comics? im confused. are batman fans that starved for new material they will accept anything new, whether its anything like the comics or not? why do i get the feeling if NOLAN made penguin a dark pale fish eating child killer, he'd get a free pass while anyone in the "older films" gets bashed today in order so fannerds can praise nolan and whats popular? its just unfair bashing, simple as that. not trying to start an argumnent here, but i just see this trend and it kinda upsets me. i just prefer the older batman films, it suits my taste more while the new ones do nothing for me.

You should make this post your signature. How many posts in innumerable amount of threads do we have to endure your hatred for anything other than Burton and Schumacher Batman. We get it. It's past just stating your opinion, it seems to be your mission in life.

Last edited:
Back