Hot Toy DX08 - BATMAN - The Joker (Jack Nicholson) - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
does anyone know were i can get a spare botton for the jokers overcoat
mines botton broke off. sucks hot toys made the botton part out of plastic. it breaks right away!

does anyone know were i can get a spare botton for the jokers overcoat
mines botton broke off. sucks hot toys made the botton part out of plastic. it breaks right away!

toy anxiety sell the whole coat might be your best bet.

There seems to be a lot of QC problems with this figure, does anyone here no what all of them are?

Here is what I have seen so far, from other members.

1. Hair fell off right out of the package when I lifted the figure out of the foam. Seems the magnet is missing. I searched everywhere, it's no where to be found.

2.Missing antenna on walkie talkie. I saw it was missing through the plastic tray when I first got it and was wondering what's up.

3. orange shirt. This one REALLY made me mad because it was clearly done during the time it was assembled. It looks nice but the shirt is a piece of crap.

4. Jacket blue overcoat had buttons in the wrong area.

5. Broken PERS.

6. Eyes not parallel on PERS.

Is it really worth buying this with all these problems? I know it is nice looking but it just doesn't seem worth it.

Please let me know if I have missed any QC problems in that list?

Last edited:
There seems to be a lot of QC problems with this figure, does anyone here no what all of them are?

Here is what I have seen so far, from other members.

1. Hair fell off right out of the package when I lifted the figure out of the foam. Seems the magnet is missing. I searched everywhere, it's no where to be found.

2.Missing antenna on walkie talkie. I saw it was missing through the plastic tray when I first got it and was wondering what's up.

3. orange shirt. This one REALLY made me mad because it was clearly done during the time it was assembled. It looks nice but the shirt is a piece of crap.

4. Jacket blue overcoat had buttons in the wrong area.

5. Broken PERS.

6. Eyes not parallel on PERS.

Is it really worth buying this with all these problems? I know it is nice looking but it just doesn't seem worth it.

Please let me know if I have missed any QC problems in that list?

Buy from somewhere that has a fair returns policy.

My Joker figure has none of the above issues. I'm sure the large majority are similar.

My Joker figure has none of the above issues. I'm sure the large majority are similar.

I do have someone in mind but they wont replace parts only the entire figure. So then you risk getting another figure with another problem, unless you get them to open it. Personally I would rather just change parts.

Thanks for the advice though I guess there is always toy anxiety for the spare parts if the rest of the figure is perfect.

I'm going to sit down and watch Batman tonight, I know I am going to want to order this and the Batman after though, trouble is in England they are quite expensive, over £200 each in most places, I was thinking of doing a FlexPay on both and import them but what happens if something needs replacing do I have to pay extra postage?

Edit - In fact I am getting put off by the amount of problems both seem to have, maybe I'll just keep an eye out for a cheap auction on ebay and focus on getting some cabinets now instead!!

Last edited:
I have no issues and love this one and now working on a 2nd to custom and just gonna try and find a purple shirt and green tye is the only subtle change he does in the movie......so can have one with tux stock version and other with trench coat and differnt shirt and tye....i might try and use ledgers joker hands for 2nd custom...

Last edited:

thanks for the link but the problem is if i buy another jacket the botton still will break eventually. because its made out of plastic. i was hoping there was somewere a botton the same size that is made out of metal like it should have been made.

I bought from BBTS and they replaced my overcoat due to a "tweaked velvet collar" -- tweaked meaning it was uneven and weirdly stitched on one side.

That said, that was the only problem I experienced and it was resolved easily with no cost to me... so I highly recommend BBTS.

thanks for the link but the problem is if i buy another jacket the botton still will break eventually. because its made out of plastic. i was hoping there was somewere a botton the same size that is made out of metal like it should have been made.

Don't buy another coat with the same problem. Sew on your own small snap. It's very easy.

7329261460_c9a619aa4c_c.jpg

7329261922_d574f2a9c0_c.jpg

7329486580_25f0aab524_c.jpg

Vodun that modified stand ie brilliant! Is that a decal? If you dont mind: Where did you get it from? Really great piece!

Printout on photo card. Put it together myself.

do you know were i can purchace a same size snap?

Any larger drug store should have a sewing aisle -- Rite Aid or Savon. Otherwise you may have to google "snaps" and see who carries them and see if that store is in your area.

Also, if you have a "parts bin" from leftover parts from your figures, certainly you have a snal somewhere you could just snip off.

So I guess Joker is shipping from US distributors? Did anyone order from capstone comics and receive it?

Any larger drug store should have a sewing aisle -- Rite Aid or Savon. Otherwise you may have to google "snaps" and see who carries them and see if that store is in your area.

Also, if you have a "parts bin" from leftover parts from your figures, certainly you have a snal somewhere you could just snip off.

all right thanks for the tip

Took a couple quick pics of my Joker today while taking some Indy shots (hence the Raiders backdrop, heh)

HTJack01.jpg

Unfortunately the hair over his ears keeps the glasses for sitting properly:
HTJack02.jpg

And because I was curious:

HTJokersSwitch.jpg

Back