Hopeful for an HT Emperor!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You just don't get it.

That is exactly what I said in my post. I DONT GET why Sidious would allow himself to be that horribly disfigured if he was as powerful as you think he is.

He is pretty tough, and I love him.... don't get me wrong but I don't think the writing in that scene is very good and I DO think that he actually needed a bit of help from Anakin right about then.

Look, if Yoda can go up against him alone and nearly do it, I think the second highest rank Jedi and the one known for Vapad could also hold his own against the Sith to an extent. Sidious was obviously not all powerful... Vader was more powerful.

Point is moot I guess, as we each see how that scene went down differently.

Does not diminish my love for Palps in the OT and I really love him in the Dark Red robes when he first addresses the Senate in the PT. That being said, I find it hard to believe that the Senate would be so easily swayed by a horribly disfigured dude with a creepy other-worldy modulation in his voice telling them that ALL but ONE of their Jedi protectors of the peace had turned on him and tried to assassinate him just to gain control of the Republic. How would they suddenly take control just by his loss?

I still like the PT but I don't have to swallow it whole scale. I find faults with the OT too but slightly less is at stake because these scenes I am talking about literally shape the entire Galaxy and reflect directly on what came so many years before.

So he WANTED to get blasted by his own redirected Sith lightning and become HORRIBLY DEFORMED?

Not buying it. As bad as the acting was, Windu was supposedly a super badass.

The Robot Chicken version where he asks Anakin how he looks as his head is a bit toasty feeling is pretty hilarious.

I also don't buy that immediate bowing down and calling him Master bit by Anakin... not a very good progression to total acceptance of the path of darkness.

One second he is yelling he needs to stand trial for his crimes, the next he is bowing down and accepting him as master. He only cut off another guy's arm and then Palps blasted him out the window...

He didn't get disfigured. That was his real face. The voice, the eyes, the long nails, the rotten teeth...the mask of Palpatine fell off and the true Sidious was revealed. He even uses it to his advantage in the Senate claiming he was "left scarred and deformed."

As for Anakin, he ****ed up. He sees Windu about to kill Palpatine and finds himself in the same position earlier with Dooku - where the Jedi way dictates an unarmed foe must not be executed. Anakin allowed Palpatine to goad him into killing Dooku and it ate him up inside. He wasn't going to do the same this time around - plus he needed Palpatine's alleged knowledge on cheating death. Once Palpatine fries Windu, Anakin looks horrified. He realizes he made a mistake, one there's no coming back from. So he drops his saber, collapses to the ground and stays the course saying "I will do whatever you ask."

At that point there was no going back. Tragic stuff.

He didn't get disfigured. That was his real face. The voice, the eyes, the long nails, the rotten teeth...the mask of Palpatine fell off and the true Sidious was revealed. He even uses it to his advantage in the Senate claiming he was "left scarred and deformed."

As for Anakin, he ****ed up. He sees Windu about to kill Palpatine and finds himself in the same position earlier with Dooku - where the Jedi way dictates an unarmed foe must not be executed. Anakin allowed Palpatine to goad him into killing Dooku and it ate him up inside. He wasn't going to do the same this time around - plus he needed Palpatine's alleged knowledge on cheating death. Once Palpatine fries Windu, Anakin looks horrified. He realizes he made a mistake, one there's no coming back from. So he drops his saber, collapses to the ground and stays the course saying "I will do whatever you ask."

At that point there was no going back. Tragic stuff.

2qdtp35.png

2hn2pn6.png

I wouldn't say "no" to a maroon-cloaked, ROTS/"First Galactic Empire" Sidious.

But I'd much sooner see HT tackle the classic Emperor from Jedi.

My most wanted HT figures remain a new take on ROTJ Jedi Luke, along with an older, bearded ST/TFA Master Luke.

I think both would be terrific.

But after these? Yeah, I guess one could say that an Emperor (and maybe some Royal Guardsmen, too) is right up there on my 'Most Wanted' list. Sure.

I'd love to see a Chancellor/Emperor combo similar to what we got from Sideshow with box art like this:
View attachment 218022

I would also love this. I'm having a hard time tracking down the combo for an affordable price and I think Hot Toys could really improve it. But I'll take any Palpatine that Hot Toys gives us. I have a huge hole in my Sith collection.

Yupppp! That battlefront render is on point. Day 0.

Can Hot Toys hurry up and announce this..?

Damn, I thought that was a photo of the ROTS costume. . . that's CG?? Wow.

Back