Hopeful for an HT Emperor!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hopepful for an HT Emperor

Oh cool! That's great news then!

Yep, no reason HT won't continue to release OT/sequel/spin-off figures concurrently.

Nice! Hope it's HT and not SSC who releases them, though. Used to think troops could be left to SSC but really not happy with what they did with the Scout and their base bodies are terrible.

I'm glad it wasn't just me that felt the Scout wasn't up to snuff. After getting the HT Stormtroopers the SSC Scout feels very cheap. I kept it because I really don't know when HT will get around to making one anytime soon but I was not happy at all with the final product.

Sooner...

:yess: I wonder if he'll come with the throne. Seems like a pretty huge accessory for a sort of "not hot" (I mean compared to Vader etc.) character that can in theory be displayed without it, unlike Jabba. Han Carbonite block is cool, throne not so much.

Nice! Hope it's HT and not SSC who releases them, though. Used to think troops could be left to SSC but really not happy with what they did with the Scout and their base bodies are terrible.

I'm glad it wasn't just me that felt the Scout wasn't up to snuff. After getting the HT Stormtroopers the SSC Scout feels very cheap. I kept it because I really don't know when HT will get around to making one anytime soon but I was not happy at all with the final product.

Other issues aside, it just doesn't look a whole lot like the characters from ROTJ.:dunno

I'm sure Jedi Luke and the Emperor will be the next OT releases from HT. I have a feeling it will be Sideshow that does the Royal Guards.

Hopefully HT will also give us the Emperor's chair, otherwise the value of the SS one will go through the roof!

I'm hopeful that HT will give us multiple Palpatines, starting with the ROTJ one. Since I have the SS throne, I'm also hoping they offer versions with and without that!

I'd like to see Bespin Han and Lando soon too...Jack?

Yeah, Han's already been heavily hinted but no word on Lando. Overlooked for Ep VII, better not be overlooked by HT. Actually still hoping SSC does a Lando Skiff - so many obvious figs (Tarkin?) that SSC should do that HT won't.

I like the SS Emperor okay, but would definitely prefer to see HT. I'm sure HT will do a throne as well. The Sideshow throne is terrible. The chair part is heavy like solid resin, but the base is a cheap plastic. These broke left and right I eventually had to lock mine in a single position with liquid nails. Definitely want to see the Royal Guards, but they need to have the armor underneath the cloaks. And hopefully while HT is at it they will produce Senate Guards even if they are from the PT.
Before HT goes full bore on EP VII - EP IX, they need to at least slip in Bespin Lando, Bespin Han, Slave Leia, and Jedi Luke. Maybe Tarkin and Ewoks.

HT owe us a great Ford sculpt. They just can't do it now that's two for atwo after Indy and Han. Imagine they got the Blade Runner license and ****ed up Deckard. Give it to someone other than Arnie Kim or Kojun!

I have the Sideshow EX with throne but I would love an update with light up electricity hands.

I like the SS Emperor okay, but would definitely prefer to see HT. I'm sure HT will do a throne as well. The Sideshow throne is terrible. The chair part is heavy like solid resin, but the base is a cheap plastic. These broke left and right I eventually had to lock mine in a single position with liquid nails. Definitely want to see the Royal Guards, but they need to have the armor underneath the cloaks. And hopefully while HT is at it they will produce Senate Guards even if they are from the PT.
Before HT goes full bore on EP VII - EP IX, they need to at least slip in Bespin Lando, Bespin Han, Slave Leia, and Jedi Luke. Maybe Tarkin and Ewoks.

Both the throne itself and the base are resin and quite thin in the walls, the reason so Palps thrones many broke so easily. They should of made it of plastic.

If HT wants to stick to the movie, Royal Guards don't have armors under the cloaks

I remember the old figure in the 80s had a sort of brownish/maroon jumpsuit similar to Vaders and tied at the waist with a rope. Not sure if it was movie accurate or just what the sculptors felt like doing at the time. I would like the armor option myself.

Royal Guards would be great. Very simple looking characters but cool. I'd definitely take a pair to go with Palpatine if they were made.

I love the look of the Guards as well but lets face it... the Emperor really doesn't need guards, they were just for effect. I would buy at least one though to go with him.

Which version of the emperor though

Thought he looked more intense in ROTS than in ROTJ.

Back