Hopeful for an HT Emperor!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ROTS Sidious was much more fierce.

Well, with him crying "help me, help me" not entirely. When he addresses the Senate with his blood-red robes on, he looks bad ass. That is the version I would take from ROTS but I really liked his patronizing discussion with Luke it ROTJ: "As will your friends...."

OT Emperor all the way. If you can whine to Darth freaking Vaders face, with his "reputation", that you can't do your job cause you're short-handed, but you crap your pants at the mention of the Emperors name and a threat to visit, THAT's some terror right there.

Well, with him crying "help me, help me" not entirely. When he addresses the Senate with his blood-red robes on, he looks bad ass. That is the version I would take from ROTS but I really liked his patronizing discussion with Luke it ROTJ: "As will your friends...."

The "help me" bit was acting on Sidious' part to convince Anakin he was in danger. He really wasn't and Mace was dead the moment he entered the Senate chambers.

OT Emperor or bust. No interest in overacted/lousily written ROTS Sidious.

Edit: Forgot to mention I hated how he looked, too.

Last edited:
I'd love to get my hands on the impeccably acted/wonderfully written Palpatine from ROTS.

He looked fierce and evil as ****.

28l77dv.jpg

Diarmid helped a lot raise the quality of the Prequels since he is a fantastic actor. But his ROTS Emperor rendition is not as good as his ROTJ one.

Which version would I take? -

arnold-schwarzenegger-the-terminator-photo.jpg

ALL!!!

Seriously any Emperor/Darth Sidious/Chancellor Palpatine figure that HT releases and its a done deal from me, after all the greatest SITH and second best baddie in movie history(sorry Michael Myers 1978 comes first) deserves to be bought.

Just look at my SIG for crying out loud. :rotfl

Diarmid helped a lot raise the quality of the Prequels since he is a fantastic actor. But his ROTS Emperor rendition is not as good as his ROTJ one.

Read this and then saw Sidious-66's avy/sig combo below it and THAT'S the one I want.

The "help me" bit was acting on Sidious' part to convince Anakin he was in danger. He really wasn't and Mace was dead the moment he entered the Senate chambers.

So he WANTED to get blasted by his own redirected Sith lightning and become HORRIBLY DEFORMED?

Not buying it. As bad as the acting was, Windu was supposedly a super badass.

The Robot Chicken version where he asks Anakin how he looks as his head is a bit toasty feeling is pretty hilarious.

I also don't buy that immediate bowing down and calling him Master bit by Anakin... not a very good progression to total acceptance of the path of darkness.

One second he is yelling he needs to stand trial for his crimes, the next he is bowing down and accepting him as master. He only cut off another guy's arm and then Palps blasted him out the window...

So he WANTED to get blasted by his own redirected Sith lightning and become HORRIBLY DEFORMED?

Not buying it. As bad as the acting was, Windu was supposedly a super badass.

The Robot Chicken version where he asks Anakin how he looks as his head is a bit toasty feeling is pretty hilarious.

I also don't buy that immediate bowing down and calling him Master bit by Anakin... not a very good progression to total acceptance of the path of darkness.

One second he is yelling he needs to stand trial for his crimes, the next he is bowing down and accepting him as master. He only cut off another guy's arm and then Palps blasted him out the window...

You just don't get it.

Back