Hooray for talking Indy!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They all carried the high-end Transformers Masterpiece figures. With the money SSC, Medicom & Hot Toys continue to pull in on 12" collectibles, wouldn't it be wise to try to get in on some of that money? Times are definitely different now from the days of Hasbro's molded-on clothing & rehashed weapons & gear, that's what was killing the 12" market years ago.

They all carried the high-end Transformers Masterpiece figures.

They did, but at least in my area they ended up in the clearance section because they weren't selling. (Or with Masterpiece Starscream, they only got in a VERY limited number of figures.)

I think there might be a market for something in the $40 range, but even that might be a stretch. Still, with Hasbro's economies of scale working for them, they could make a pretty darned nice figure for $40, I think. Whether they would want to is an entirely different matter. They have probably determined that they make more by selling $20 figures to a larger group of people. (Remember, shelf space is a precious commodity and if they add something to their lineup it usually means having to remove something else.)

I visited with Atom Hues last night for some figure customizing and we may have solved the riddle of getting the electronics from Hasbro's Talking Indy to work with the upcoming Sideshow figure...

Everything (including the speaker and alternate power source) should fit neatly inside Indy's MKVII bag. :idea The only X-factor is whether the sound will be too muffled from within the bag, in which case there are other things that can be done.

Anyway, "detailed research" is still underway... :lol

I'm curious about that whip-action indy head... does the hat come off? I mean, I know its not MEANT to, but can it be done or is it cast as one piece?

I'm curious about that whip-action indy head... does the hat come off? I mean, I know its not MEANT to, but can it be done or is it cast as one piece?

Pops off super easy. You won't damage it and it pops right back on.

EDIT: Ooops! I thought you were asking if the HEAD comes off easily. As far as I can tell, the hat doesn't come off at all. And it seems like even if you got it off, whatever is under there is not oging to be pretty.

well, I was thinking of sculpting a piece (hair) that could be swapped on instead of the hat... Good to know that the head will be easy to remove though.

Could it be fit onto say... a spare GI Joe body?
(asking because i kinda happen to have one sitting around :p)

well, I was thinking of sculpting a piece (hair) that could be swapped on instead of the hat... Good to know that the head will be easy to remove though.

Could it be fit onto say... a spare GI Joe body?
(asking because i kinda happen to have one sitting around :p)
It is a perfect fit for any modern GI Joe body. I already have my whipping Indy head on a GI Joe super articulated body. I added the leather jacket & coiled whip from talking Indy and couldn't be happier with it. Like any GI Joe head swap, you will need to heat up (I use boiled water in a cup) the bottom of the head. Good luck.
Alan

My talking Indy's beard paint came off as I was trying to get a cat hair off. Has any one else had a problem with the paint?

I thought some of the paint came off (of the talking Indy) :p guess I wasn't imagining things.

On another note, I got the whip action Indy and swapped his head onto a G.I.Joe body.. My wife was furious until she saw the result.
"Why are you going to destroy a perfectly good toy that you just bought?"
"OOOOHHHH!! THATS what you were gonna do? Awesome!"
I sewed up the hole in the back of his shirt.... I might still jack the one from talking Indy but I kind of like him in the (dirty/sweaty) shirt he came with.
Now he just needs a re-paint.

Back