homes in foreclosure top 1 million

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You do realize that this housing bubble started in 1995, right?

Irish is entirely right. The Housing situation has been a long time coming.... No single administration is to blame. Blame rests on the shoulders of the lenders and the people who thought they could afford the homes in the first place.

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl It's a great act we have here in the NW - the country thinks we are so liberal and "green" but sadly we are far from it. The majority of the cars on the roads are SUVs, big ass trucks and stupid gas guzzlers like Hummers....we are in the pocket of large corporations who do not give a rat's ass about the economy or the environment....liberal...hardly. These business conglomerates are just good at pulling the wool over everyone's eyes. The only thing liberal is that the city tends to vote Democrat for it's elections...but that's about where it stops.

Seattle is a VERY liberal city. One incident like this is hardly a gauge for the pulse of the city.

I suppose compared to a state like Idaho it's liberal....but you want liberal, head on down to Portland.

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl It's a great act we have here in the NW - the country thinks we are so liberal and "green" but sadly we are far from it. The majority of the cars on the roads are SUVs, big ass trucks and stupid gas guzzlers like Hummers....we are in the pocket of large corporations who do not give a rat's ass about the economy or the environment....liberal...hardly. These business conglomerates are just good at pulling the wool over everyone's eyes. The only thing liberal is that the city tends to vote Democrat for it's elections...but that's about where it stops.

You also have a nice big liberal Air Force Base in the area.:lol:lol:lol

I suppose compared to a state like Idaho it's liberal....but you want liberal, head on down to Portland.

Don't know much about Portland to be honest. San Fran is the most liberal city in the country though.

It's not that easy for all of us. I live in a rural area, the rent is waaaay too expensive in town.. where the jobs are. So I have to live out in the boonies and commute. So I have no choice.

IMO thats a social issue that aren't necessarily suppose to be fixed through subsidised gas prices.

If its too expensive to live in that city and its too expensive to drive, then it sounds like you aren't making enough for that area. Either get more money or move.

The market is always in flux and more often then not prices (wages, rent, gas) will work themselves in a happy medium.

As much as anyone here btches about prices of things its obvious we have free time that could otherwise be used earning an extra buck if needed.

Thats why I have to take all this btching with a huge grain of salt. If you drop all the unneccessary things from your life including your toy collection and your free time on a toy collecting forum and you still have a hard time, then theres something there.

Otherwise I contend that its more about what we DON'T WANT TO PAY rather than WE CAN'T PAY.

This is really unfortunate....I personally don't put the blame on anyone except those homebuyers who went above their means and tried to get into something they knew full well they couldn't afford if the rates went up. The thing is the housing market went insane so quickly, people thought it'd be a slow decline not the bottom yanked out from underneath. When my wife and I bought our house we had the option to go for a Negative Am Loan and we didn't, we went standard payments, our payment were really high the first year especially compared to some of our neighbors and our friends. Flash forward two years and we see about every other four houses on our block now bankowned and hear that some of our friend's payment went up to $6000 a month and they had to walk away. We could have gone with the triple payment options but decided it'd be better to know exactly what our payment is every month without any unknown variables. I'm sure glad we went that route but despite everything it is unfortunate that people are losing their homes.

The big thing that I dislike about the market is that even though I played it right and got myself a fixed rate and didn't overbuy beyond my means, the people who did overpay bloated the estimated value on homes and therefore I got a slightly smaller house back in 2003 than I would have today.

I wish I was buying today, I could have gotten a real good deal off someone who made a huge mistake.

Instead, I'm not really hurting nor benefiting from the crisis.

You also have a nice big liberal Air Force Base in the area.:lol:lol:lol

We have Army, Navy and Air Force bases in the area....we also have large corp. like Microsoft, Starbucks, Amazon, Boeing, Safeco plus numerous bio-tech companies. They are the ones that really run this city. But on another note, I think Seattle is one of the few areas where the housing market hasn't crashed....it's just reached a plateau. Granted it's a ridiculous plateau....unless you enjoy paying $300,000+ for a 400 sq. foot studio. :monkey4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back