Ebay and PP users must file tax forms beginning in 2011 - discuss

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have you ever looked into wasted defense spending? What is thrown away, what is not being used? How WE pay $30 for a screw? $200 for a toilet seat? What is tossed off Navy ships before going into ports or coming home? How there are warehouses full of all sorts of clothing and other military wares that could be used elsewhere and/or sold but isn't? Oh we need a different color boot so all these millions of boots we already made aren't needed anymore so let's stock pile them in a warehouse to rot. I could go on and on.

As for schools, we have overpaid and unnecessary administrators. Grant money given out for stupid things. Jobs being created that aren't necessary. I won't even go into all expense paid trips that are useless.

But.......hey, let's let them do whatever they want because someone thinks it will cost more.

It doesn't cost more to say NO......NO you can't have money for stupid ____ like THIS!

The days of $30 screws and $200 toilet seats have been over for a little while now. Even then, the screws, etc didn't actually cost that much each. Those figures were misleading because all they did was divide the total $$ value of the contracts by the number of end items. It totally ignored all of the expenses involved: administrative costs, warehousing and delivery costs, etc.

Many things that are "thrown away" from Navy ships, etc are due to existing laws regarding "contaminants" (can't think of the word I want at the moment) depending on where the ship, etc has been. There are tons of nasty little parasites, bugs, etc. that would reak havoc in the US if brought in on these items that get "thrown away."

A lot of the "old" military clothing does eventually get sold or donated. It doesn't happen quickly due to existing finance laws. Within the gov't there are different "colors" of money that can only be used for specified things. Depending on the "color" of the money used determines whether or not the items can be donated or sold and when.

The days of $30 screws and $200 toilet seats have been over for a little while now. Even then, the screws, etc didn't actually cost that much each. Those figures were misleading because all they did was divide the total $$ value of the contracts by the number of end items. It totally ignored all of the expenses involved: administrative costs, warehousing and delivery costs, etc.

Many things that are "thrown away" from Navy ships, etc are due to existing laws regarding "contaminants" (can't think of the word I want at the moment) depending on where the ship, etc has been. There are tons of nasty little parasites, bugs, etc. that would reak havoc in the US if brought in on these items that get "thrown away."

A lot of the "old" military clothing does eventually get sold or donated. It doesn't happen quickly due to existing finance laws. Within the gov't there are different "colors" of money that can only be used for specified things. Depending on the "color" of the money used determines whether or not the items can be donated or sold and when.

I wasn't talking about food. I wrote a long reply but I figure I'll just drop it. I'm from a Navy family, so I know alot of things that go on. My eldest brother was a Navy man for 20 years.

Anyway, I guess the government is doing a bang up job at not wasting money then. Good........they're doing something right!

No waste in government. We should all be happy to pay more taxes then. :)

Frankly, I'm surprised this hasn't happened earlier. I know Canada has been itching to get their hands on Canadian ebay merchants for years. They recently won a legal battle which entitled them to access info on sellers who have made somewhere in the 5k per year range.

It's all just evolution. The government, at least in my country, work to relinquish responsibilities while maintaining power and influence. In the meantime, due to the digital revolution, all forms of communications and capital transactions are recorded and easily tracked.

I used to think, drawing out my wage and stashing the cash under a mattress, was the only safe place for it, because the government knows how much, as a society, we save, and therefore how much they can raise taxes to bring those savings to nil. If you have money they will find a way to take it. Your savings under the mattress will be taken, once they get to a place where they can make cash immaterial and have a truly cashless society.

They're coming for you Craw.

Back