-504 (-4.48%) - better off investing in polystone

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Supposedly it's the hedge funds trying to liquidate because they're clients are making huge withdrawals. I really do wish I had the cash to invest now - could make some great buys.

I have the cash but my financial advisor is holding off putting money in right now. He wants things to shake out a bit more, and then put more money in. Mesa, GE might be a good buy. It was 24 a share a couple of days ago (I don't keep up with the day to day) and the payout is 4% on their dividends. The good thing is that they have always paid out on their dividends. I know there are some good buys out there but you do need to do the research. My financial advisor made me some money by shorting some stocks yesterday. It didn't make up for monday but it did help. These are the times where people can make a lot of money if you know what you are doing.

This is killing me. I became eligible for retirement in May and the only reason I haven't done so was because I wanted to do some spruce up of the house without having to deal with it a few years down the road on a relatively fixed income and get rid of the nitnoid miscellaneous bills so that all we had left to worry about each month was utilities, food and gas/car upkeep and do some travelling here and there on the globe. So then I was gonna retire, subsidizing my drastically cut paycheck with dividends from my mutual funds and other investments. Now it looks as though there's really no option but for me to hang on at work a few years more until things pick back up. This sucks. Shoulda invested in land.

This is killing me. I became eligible for retirement in May and the only reason I haven't done so was because I wanted to do some spruce up of the house without having to deal with it a few years down the road on a relatively fixed income and get rid of the nitnoid miscellaneous bills so that all we had left to worry about each month was utilities, food and gas/car upkeep and do some travelling here and there on the globe. So then I was gonna retire, subsidizing my drastically cut paycheck with dividends from my mutual funds and other investments. Now it looks as though there's really no option but for me to hang on at work a few years more until things pick back up. This sucks. Shoulda invested in land.

More and more of us are going to have to work till we drop. I know I'll have to. The curse of living in a small town with no real jobs. :(

don't thick this post is considered necro since it's only 1 month old. plus it's totally relevant to my question...

ARG! this downward spiral is killing me! what are you folks doing? holding, selling, or buying? my stocks are down 40%. mutuals are to bad tho.

don't thick this post is considered necro since it's only 1 month old. plus it's totally relevant to my question...

ARG! this downward spiral is killing me! what are you folks doing? holding, selling, or buying? my stocks are down 40%. mutuals are to bad tho.

I am still holding but what I have in, I will leave in for retirement. I am building up other funds and trying to build capital for other ventures....

Your response is going to be different depending on when you plan on retiring. I wouldn't worry too much if you've got another 30 years in the market.

No, if you're 20. Hold everything unless you'll need cash from the equities in the next few years. History shows that they will go back up unless it went bankrupt like Lehmann.

I went with Cramer when he said in Sept. to get into a 20% cash position, but that was when the market was still up a bit. Now it's so low that just about every stock is bound to go higher.

Back