Holy ____!! Galactus!!...Link to Buy in 1st Post!.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thought I'd miss out on this as I didn't get the chance to PO at my local dealer.. 2013's best stat IMO. Had to let go of one of my 'grails' but it was worth it

I have finally received my Galactus Statue this week after 17 months of patience and I was very excited by it and Finally, I am very disappointed by it. Not by the quality of the sculpt of the statue which is awsome but by the quality of the paint and the "quality control" from Sideshow.

One of you can explain me the signification of this sticker on the polystyrene of the Sideshow Box ? Because when I see the quality of the statue I received, I think that the man in charge of the "quality control" is totally blind.

Let me show you some pictures of the Galactus statue I received and I am waiting your point of view.

Just to describe the pictures :

- 2 fingers of the left hand are broken,
- the purple glass of the light-up in the base is not correctly positioned and one can see all the electrical circuit.
- There are lot of scrapes on the back of the statue and I can not understand of it is possible with the statue in the plastic bag and in the polystyrene box (approved by the "quality control" X)
- The same things in different parts of the statue (approved by the "quality control" X)
- The quality of the gluing in the neck. Comparable to some bad custom statues sold on ebay. (approved by the "quality control" X)
- Some paint smudges, mainly on the neck (approved by the "quality control" X)

Finally, I can say that I am lucky because the light-up works :yess:

Really, 800 $US for this kind of quality, I don't your point of view but mine is that it is not normal if the quality control is well done :nono

finally some pics and damn what a mess that is i hope when get mine it doesn't have all the problems yours have because i would get a refund

SS needs to correct these issues immediately. That thing has more problems than a $15 figure purchased at Wal-Mart. I mean it is not like they are selling items in excess of $300 to $400. This thing is $840 in the US. It should be received in immaculate condition. I feel for you Comicszone. I am sure SS will replace it.

GET YOUR QUALITY UNDER CONTROL SIDESHOW COLLECTIBLES!!!

Just got my Galactus in. No real complaints here. I lucked out and got a good one.

Galactus.JPG

Love how you setup your Joker and Green L in that glasses display mate

Back