Holy ____!! Galactus!!...Link to Buy in 1st Post!.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_4590.jpg

:monkey2 ..over-spray on the eyes :monkey2

but dayam, such an iconic character and I like the sculping on this one.

they should have shown us Great Ultron in last year Comi con

they should have shown us Great Ultron in last year Comi con

That doesn´t matter,
what SDCC show to the fair is a piece handmade by an artist,
what customers will receive is a recast copy painted by a chinese worker.

So what they show to the fairs, most of the times, has nothing to do with the final product that the customers will receive.

That doesn´t matter,
what SDCC show to the fair is a piece handmade by an artist,
what customers will receive is a recast copy painted by a chinese worker.

So what they show to the fairs, most of the times, has nothing to do with the final product that the customers will receive.

Wouldnt the production piece be almost close to the original? Given the production piece is mass produce therefore some flaws are expected however I believe it should be still ok. But then again I only have two sideshow statues so may be too early for me too comment.

Wouldnt the production piece be almost close to the original? Given the production piece is mass produce therefore some flaws are expected however I believe it should be still ok. But then again I only have two sideshow statues so may be too early for me too comment.

Nothing is "mass produced" in the sense none of them are machine painted/colored. All statues are painted by a human so the quality of the finished product depends entirely on the chinese factory's QC and the migrant worker that did the work.

The sculpt will be the same as they come from the same mold, but the paint could be very close to the piece shown at sdcc or completely botched up.

I know this much - that sideshow employs multiple factories in china to make those, depends on the license they goto a specific factory. And those factories operate independently, some of them produce consistent good work like the lotr maquette line while another constantly screws it up (ie marvel pfs) .

There is little overall quality control from the brand itself unlike most highend collectibles that have very strict QC process in place. So you are completely at the mercy of the chinese factory that made it. Sideshow just send them the ap statue and say "how much", "how soon" that's it.

So if SS sells out they can make more in 3 years from now since there no ES size = no limit.

that's the whole point of open es they will not sell out. they order in batches of 100s, when inventory goes low, order another batch. With a cast this expensive to create, you bet your statues it will be left open for a long time.

that's the whole point of open es they will not sell out. they order in batches of 100s, when inventory goes low, order another batch. With a cast this expensive to create, you bet your statues it will be left open for a long time.

so we can wait for in-hand pics right:chillpill:

Yeah, it's normally left open for years. Not sure how many they make per batch but they do seem to go into backorder til they have enough orders.

Man, I wasn't interested in this at first, but I really really like the gray spray around his eyes. Probably gonna have to pick him up now. More please, Sideshow.

Back