Holy ____!! Galactus!!...Link to Buy in 1st Post!.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Holy ____!! Galactus!!

Ok I might consider changing my name to transformers guy. :( timezones yes I admit Im dumb and clueless. :pfft: but I'm not dumb enough to miss galactus yet. No ------- way! If I miss galactus I will take my 900.00 darth talon ex and smash it up for YouTube. :)

Haha..... between you and dhaval this is starting to become a source of comedy for me.. time zones can be tricky tho....:rotfl

Haha..... between you and dhaval this is starting to become a source of comedy for me.. time zones can be tricky tho....:rotfl

:nana: I really need this big guy. Dhaval and i will get this, skaar ex and joker ex too. :yess: you shall see. :) I can't miss this because I really like my darth talon and would hate to loose one of my best statues.

Guys . . . this piece will be NRD, edition to be announced, and likely go for 1k.

We're all going to have time to think about this.

The statue is very well designed with incredible presence. BUT . . . the character itself is definitely not on the same tier of well known iconic characters like Thor, Captain America, Iron Man, Spider Man, etc, etc.

The question is will the design and size and quality of the statue justify its likely large expense?

I know that when people come to my place, the 1:2 Iron Man Maquette IMMEDIATELY draws attention, oohs and aahs. As does my lifesize Yoda and Endoskeleton. As does my Master Replicas Millenium Falcon and Randy Cooper Star Destroyer.

Other pieces that I hold in just as high esteem like a Narin/Joe Dunaway Encounter or Death Warrior or a Scars Bruce Wayne doesn't get a second glance.

Is it worth spending over 1K for a piece that really has no iconic relevance or meaning and will that money be better put toward something that for sure will be worth it like the Avengers 1:4 scale Hulk maquette?

That is what I will need to think about personally when I see this piece go up tomorrow.

Interesting argument; Chang, but there is one piece of the of the equation that I see was not really adressed, there are some collectors out there that feel that this will become a Iconic Piece for there Collections and yes even a center piece. I feel this will fetch a price up to $1500 as I stated earlier if I am incorrect on the price I will admit it. :goodpost:

Guys . . . this piece will be NRD, edition to be announced, and likely go for 1k.

We're all going to have time to think about this.

The statue is very well designed with incredible presence. BUT . . . the character itself is definitely not on the same tier of well known iconic characters like Thor, Captain America, Iron Man, Spider Man, etc, etc.

The question is will the design and size and quality of the statue justify its likely large expense?

I know that when people come to my place, the 1:2 Iron Man Maquette IMMEDIATELY draws attention, oohs and aahs. As does my lifesize Yoda and Endoskeleton. As does my Master Replicas Millenium Falcon and Randy Cooper Star Destroyer.

Other pieces that I hold in just as high esteem like a Narin/Joe Dunaway Encounter or Death Warrior or a Scars Bruce Wayne doesn't get a second glance.

Is it worth spending over 1K for a piece that really has no iconic relevance or meaning and will that money be better put toward something that for sure will be worth it like the Avengers 1:4 scale Hulk maquette?

That is what I will need to think about personally when I see this piece go up tomorrow.

I think he will be gone like the Droids set. My computer will get stuck and it will be so out. I hate having to go to the WL hours later when it's gone. :panic::panic::panic:

I don't think Galactus will sell out like the Droids. First, the Droids had a very low EX ES and its Star Wars 2 more popular characters. I'm a huge Marvel villains fan but no way Galactus is even close to the popularity of R2 and C3PO. I hope that Galactus has an EX and a low ES and if that happens he will sell out fast. If he is a LSF with open ES then I'll wait and get from an online retailer to save money.

I'm buying it because its Galactus. The last Galactus story was one of my favorites. The final battle in Secret Wars was awesome. He created Terrax my favorite harold.

The only thing cooler than this is the Hero Clix version.

I don't think Galactus will sell out like the Droids. First, the Droids had a very low EX ES and its Star Wars 2 more popular characters. I'm a huge Marvel villains fan but no way Galactus is even close to the popularity of R2 and C3PO. I hope that Galactus has an EX and a low ES and if that happens he will sell out fast. If he is a LSF with open ES then I'll wait and get from an online retailer to save money.

:goodpost:

I'm buying it because its Galactus. The last Galactus story was one of my favorites. The final battle in Secret Wars was awesome. He created Terrax my favorite harold.

The only thing cooler than this is the Hero Clix version.

Yeah I Think Gala....wait, did you just say a Heroclix was cooler than this?:slap

I'm only buying Galactus because he was awesome in FF2 movie.. I'm gonna glue a lot of cotton balls on it & spray it grey. It will be a true maquette.

This is my favorite harold:

haroldlloyd.jpg

I wonder if the ex will come with him hanging from Galactus' left hand.

I doubt there will be an exclusive. If there is one then it will be another optimus prime rush regardless of price.

if it's a ss made item there should be an exclusive. Optimus prime was a rush because of the es 100 and well it's Optimus...the amount of hype surrounding that statue was insane (and justified)

this won't be anywhere near as popular and has es tbd, i am not too worried.

$900 with an EX of 400 which will start out at TBD.

I hope this is $2, then it will only be for the E-lite.

Back