Holy ____!! Galactus!!...Link to Buy in 1st Post!.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You really only notice them when looking at it up close. Enjoying it from a normal distance like you do after you spend your first week scrutinizing a new piece and the spots become meaningless.
yeah, but at close to a thousand dollars no thanks.

thankfully he looks like he's sitting at SSC so hopefully he can be had cheap down the line.

yeah, but at close to a thousand dollars no thanks.

thankfully he looks like he's sitting at SSC so hopefully he can be had cheap down the line.

It's an open edition, so they will make them in small batches as they feel they can sell them so I wouldn't count on it being cheap at any point, but you never know. Sorry the spots bother you that much, you are missing out on a stunning and imposing piece that really feels worth the $800.

It's an open edition, so they will make them in small batches as they feel they can sell them so I wouldn't count on it being cheap at any point, but you never know. Sorry the spots bother you that much, you are missing out on a stunning and imposing piece that really feels worth the $800.

:goodpost: undoubtedly worth the price tag...light up features, extra attachments such as the Silver Surfer and Nova, 2 portraits and of course the biggest attraction to this piece...THE SIZE!!! :thud:

i saw it at Comic-Con and i know how great it looks, but there were no spots on the comic con piece.

Up close the spots look weird, but for regular viewing, I would even argue they add to the piece. They give it a subtle texture that I like. Make the pieces feel more visceral and live than jumping off a clean, vibrant comic book page. That is certainly a cool experience too, when a piece can achieve that, but I like the more rough and tumble presence of Galactus.

If you like it, buy it now. The SW C3PO R2D2 PF was open edition as well but is sold out in limited number. One had to confirm with SS and they did say that it's end of production already.

Galactus is one of the pieces I might not let go. Size, sculpt, character, colorway - it's all there. Half-scale size at PF price.

By the way, the specks were there on the LSB. I don't think anyone got bothered with it so why now on the Maquette? I'd prefer mine all 'galactified' and weathered instead of being clean and all.

No they are not. I had one with black spots all over it and glue every where. If you exchange it don't tell any one here or you will be chastised for returning a broken statue.

You clearly don't know what you are talking about and you seem to like jumping the gun before being informed.

anyone with the galactus maquette can tell me how deep the base is from the front to back? I dont want it to hang over the edge of my shelf. I see sideshows measurements and wonder if they account for his outreached hand which isnt a problem - just the base

anyone with the galactus maquette can tell me how deep the base is from the front to back? I dont want it to hang over the edge of my shelf. I see sideshows measurements and wonder if they account for his outreached hand which isnt a problem - just the base

I'm not at my home right now but I believe the base is about 15-16" deep.

Ah crap, thats too big.. Galactus dream is dead :( Any chance you can get exact when you get home?

Dang, is that from front to back? was just sizing up a 16inch shelf :monkey4

Yea. the problem is the edges slant downwards at an angle instead of a 90 degree corner. I have mine on top of a besta and it goes over by 1.5 inches.

Sorry to prattle on fellas but before I drop money on this..

If you angle the base so the hexagon is flat and plush against the wall what is the distance from back to front? Would this impede the lighting?

example ~~ https://imgur.com/g95E2K4

Would that just have him at a godawful angle? I wouldnt mind if he was slightly turned towards 4-5 oclock

Any replies appreciated, a reply with pictures would be loved! :p

Back