Holy ____!! Galactus!!...Link to Buy in 1st Post!.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awesome set-up Dark Spidey! Galactus looks fantastic with those statues. Almost to scale for so,e of the comics where galactus is shown next to people and more just like a 2 story building than a city sized behemoth.

Where is Spidey ? :clap

He's being repainted.....

Awesome set-up Dark Spidey! Galactus looks fantastic with those statues. Almost to scale for so,e of the comics where galactus is shown next to people and more just like a 2 story building than a city sized behemoth.

Yeah that's how I remember Galactus. He was about that exact height in The Infinity Gauntlet and most stories from the late 80s/early 90s

Galactus rules

Most excellent group picture Dark_Spidey!!! So Awesome!

Love all your repaints too - your work is Galactic!!!

I'm contemplating adding the big G to my collection too! Very nice and imposing size and statue! Too bad they didn't make him in Legendary scale...he would be even bigger! ha

The plug inside the base on mine has become detached from the outer wall of the base:

e4aqe8yd.jpg

Any suggestions ?

Sorry to see that :( you could try and super glue a piece of plastic with a nice flush surface onto the plug, letting it dry and seeing if you can pull it back to the edge. Then try and glue it back onto the plug hole. Hope that works.

That happened to mins well. I just razor bladed the bottom of the base off and hot glued the connector back in the hole. The bottom is just a thin layer comes off pretty easy.

That happened to mins well. I just razor bladed the bottom of the base off and hot glued the connector back in the hole. The bottom is just a thin layer comes off pretty easy.

you could just return it (unless you have had it for to long)

I had a lot of various problems with this statue.

is black paint dots on body is common?? supposed to be like that?

No they are not. I had one with black spots all over it and glue every where. If you exchange it don't tell any one here or you will be chastised for returning a broken statue.

Um yeah that's not accurate. Go back about a hundred pages and she. This was released everyone was asking this question . SS reps (Alex being one of them) confirmed in this thread that the speckles were part of the design.

Well according to the returns department the black dots are not normal. So maybe sideshow needs to get there **** together.

Yeah I remember it well because everyone who had gotten one upon release was freaking out including myself. Only because they were just random specks inconsistantly applied all over the statue. People were ready to burn SS Down until it was clarified that the specks were supposed to be some type of debris. Not sure that it was the right move but I've had mine for awhile now and I'm used to it

Looky what I found. This thread should be called 'CBG Begins'
L
M
F
A
O

Sent from the **** Pit of the Millenium Falcon

You really only notice them when looking at it up close. Enjoying it from a normal distance like you do after you spend your first week scrutinizing a new piece and the spots become meaningless.

is black paint dots on body is common?? supposed to be like that?

No they are not. I had one with black spots all over it and glue every where. If you exchange it don't tell any one here or you will be chastised for returning a broken statue.

Yes. They are on all of the pieces. Little black speckles. They were intentional

Yea, Tavegg is right. These black dots are infact intentional and have been applied on all Galactus Maquettes. Despite it looking like a mistake, I'm sure SS were trying to recreate some kind of space/cosmos/galaxy/etc effect...did it need it? Probably not but its there I'm afraid :( For me personally, it doesn't really come into play cos you hardly see it unless your up close with a magnifying glass searching for fingerprints :lol As for the glue residue just above the boot line, that definitely isn't intentional as I also suffered this with mine but eventually had mine replaced by Sideshow...

You really only notice them when looking at it up close. Enjoying it from a normal distance like you do after you spend your first week scrutinizing a new piece and the spots become meaningless.

:exactly:

Back