Holy ____!! Galactus!!...Link to Buy in 1st Post!.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just ordered one of those Silver Surfers off eBay! Now I can have him holding Surfer in his hand and Nova flying around on his other!

So guys, you may know me from the Deadpool PF thread... Got Galactus and while there were a couple minor glue/paint errors and some obvious fingerprints on the base, after a bad Vision and a bad Deadpool PF I decided I could live with it. But I also had the bent Silver Surfer surfboard...but I was going to try to straighten it...

Then I turned him on. Or tried to. Not a single light on his body lit up. The base lit, but not the statue. So here we go...3 orders from Sideshow, 3 requests for repairs...

My luck is bad.

Guys, you know how I love to experiment with displays...well here is another idea which most of could recreate...providing you have a spare Silver Surfer from the Marvel Figurine Collection. All I did was just remove the figurine from its base and placed him in the palm of Big G! Here are the results...

zyqy2ubu.jpg

apuse2a7.jpg

Yep that's the one for me. Great post. Definitely looks like the way to go

Yup, that looks cool, man. You are the display master!

Was thinking along those lines with the Eaglemoss figurines. Was planning on lining up Silver Surfer, Firelord and Terrax on the base.

Might have to look at putting the surfer in his hand though. The pose for the figurine works out perfect with the way you have it displayed.

Just waiting on a replacement antennae (mine came cracked).

Congrats to everyone who picked this up. All of the pics posted here look amazing. Big G turned out fantastic.

Got some great news just now. William at Sideshows Replacement Team has confirmed I will be getting a new body replacement due to a defective LED in the left eye. However, since I recieved the news i started to play around with the working right eye LED and managed to twist it to the centre so that the light would shine from the middle as opposed to prodominately the right hand side so that the light would shine equally on both sides. It actually worked a treat! Here's some pics..

9y2enudy.jpg

yza7y8yz.jpg

3a2ubuve.jpg

pe5u6u6u.jpg

And Boom!!! FedEx letter arrives £25Duty £125Vat charge... should have just bought from a UK based company and save my myself £100+ OUCh!!!!

And Boom!!! FedEx letter arrives £25Duty £125Vat charge... should have just bought from a UK based company and save my myself £100+ OUCh!!!!

:panic: ouch!
That was quick. What did it end up costing all in? If you don't mind me asking.

Just think of the reward points. Now you have to buy something else :hi5: :lol

£100 from where? There is only £31 difference from SSC with Vat than buying it from collectiblesdirect. Plus $40 in reward points brings it closer and you have it now. :D

£100 from where? There is only £31 difference from SSC with Vat than buying it from collectiblesdirect. Plus $40 in reward points brings it closer and you have it now. :D

I paid 880$ for Gally inc shipping which = about £560.. plus the charges £150 makes it £710 ... it's only £620 from cd.... but anyway... still worth it... I've got it now and I don't need to wait!

I paid 880$ for Gally inc shipping which = about £560.. plus the charges £150 makes it £710 ... it's only £620 from cd.... but anyway... still worth it... I've got it now and I don't need to wait!

$886 = £547.38
Vat 20% = £109.47
Fedex Fee £10.50

Total £667

Have they added another charge on your bill? Make sure cos it should be just VAT and fedex fee.

Back