HKFC * Hot Toys - Howard Chan Q&A

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
More Iron Man figures? Pepper Pots? Wtf is Hot Toys doing? :rotfl

tumblr_m3s4rnOG2O1qcbs8ao1_500.gif

cool, now I can worry about spending my money else where. This interview may as well have been given back in '08-09.

man, 1/6 is taking a bit of a nose dive recently (save for the Crow)...HT only cares about iron man and batman, and enterbay is obsessed with Jordan. Sure these are all great looking pieces, but variety is what made this companies so great to begin with. It's absurd that we still don't have anything from x-men: first class, but stuff from IM3 is shuffling out asap. Sure I understand business, and i guess IM is a cash cow for them, but promising your customers a product and then failing to deliver is also poor business.

More focus on the Iron Man line than any other? :lol:slap

Are there really enough people out there to buy all of those unimportant IM3 armors that were only in the movie for what seemed like seconds, to make it a financial success for Hot Toys? Really?

I think Hot Toys know they made a mistake.. they probably thought (like everyone else) that those armors were going to play a big role in IM3 so they decided to make most of them before even seeing the movie. Now that they have, they couldn't just throw all of their months of hard work out of the window. They must sell as many as they can while Iron Man 3 is still "hot".. then take the hit and move onto more important movie licenses.

Well, that's just my speculation because I can't seriously see how.. for an example, the Silver Centurion figure would generate more money than say, Batman Returns.. Star Wars.. Back To The Future? :dunno

Enough with the Iron Men. At least the armors from IM3... Mark 42 and Iron Patriot were the only ones justifiable to make for Hot Toys imo.

A Potts figure just ain't for for me so I couldn't care less about that but , like others, I'd like to know what Joker figure is planned next. Nicholson version I hope

So... What about all the other figures that were announced in the teasers and previews this year? The Iron Man figures will probably get pushed back 4-5 months a piece, so how long does this mean we'll have to wait for all the other ones? Surely this isn't a good business model, regardless of how much they'll make off the IM figs.

Maybe due to the lukewarm sales of the dx07 luke skywalker? Its still available almost everywhere and can be had lower than the retail price.

I see what you did there...

I agree its crazy that sucha nice piece didn't sell out, though It could also be that they made wayyyy to many (to A have available and B reduce cost) which would explain why the retail price was so good

A Potts figure just ain't for for me so I couldn't care less about that but , like others, I'd like to know what Joker figure is planned next. Nicholson version I hope

In stead of another Joker can they at least tell if they do intend to make a Ras A ghul

Right now, I don't want to hear about anything other than WTF IS TAKING SO LONG WITH THE GODDAMN AMAZING SPIDERMAN FIGURE

Is that not out yet!?!
I thought that figure had long since come and gone. Just figured not many people talked about it because the suit look wasn't popular.

I hope they do make a Pepper Potts at last!
All these custom and one off figures all suck.
She is way over due,she did win the fan poll after all.
Bring it on Hot Toys!

s8we.png

Right now, I don't want to hear about anything other than WTF IS TAKING SO LONG WITH THE GODDAMN AMAZING SPIDERMAN FIGURE

:exactly: :mad:

variety is what made this companies so great to begin with. It's absurd that we still don't have anything from x-men: first class, but stuff from IM3 is shuffling out asap. Sure I understand business, and i guess IM is a cash cow for them, but promising your customers a product and then failing to deliver is also poor business.

:exactly: :goodpost:

Last edited:
It says 'another' joker version. My guess would be a Ledger version. Hoping its the hit me version.

:pray: Same here!

Yup.

They coulda do the nurse version and this time giving the suspenders making them more accurate than the 2.0. And also a rooted hair.

(...)

No, Nurse Joker is most likely never gonna happen as official release.

I remember reading something about HT never wanting to release a Joker with a nurse outfit for ethic reasons, as Heath Ledger's passed away.

Last edited:
Back