History Channel's Vikings

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its hard to know what I'm supposed to feel about the 'heroes' of this show....they're not exactly nice people, not even the main character.

as for the show, the pit of vipers reveal.lolz

That "pit of vipers" was a pit of harmless pythons. :lol
They do that on a lot of shows. Don't know really how they're supposed to do it other then show a pit filled with real Vipers and then cut away after they throw the guy in just hearing him scream for his life.
I've gotten used to the short cuts used with animals on TV shows. Just snicker a little, accept it, and move on.
Its hard to know what I'm supposed to feel about the 'heroes' of this show....they're not exactly nice people, not even the main character.
I see it as presenting a culture of a certain period of time and trying to understand it rather then trying to identify with it. Truth is if you look at any culture or individual people in the past you'll find a lot of awful things that aren't presented in movies and TV shows. I kind of appreciate trying to show something that's not entirely agreeable.

the pit of vipers is actually related to Ragnar's demise, basing on his "history". lolz

...and try looking at it from their perspective.

They do that on a lot of shows. Don't know really how they're supposed to do it other then show a pit filled with real Vipers and then cut away after they throw the guy in just hearing him scream for his life.
I've gotten used to the short cuts used with animals on TV shows. Just snicker a little, accept it, and move on.

I see it as presenting a culture of a certain period of time and trying to understand it rather then trying to identify with it. Truth is if you look at any culture or individual people in the past you'll find a lot of awful things that aren't presented in movies and TV shows. I kind of appreciate trying to show something that's not entirely agreeable.
Agreed with both points.

They always use boas/pythons in TV shows and films. I've got no problem with it, I still find it funny though. :lol

So can anyone tell me what the deal is with his last name? Shouldn't it be "Lodbrok" instead of "Lothbrok"?

Agreed with both points.

They always use boas/pythons in TV shows and films. I've got no problem with it, I still find it funny though. :lol

So can anyone tell me what the deal is with his last name? Shouldn't it be "Lodbrok" instead of "Lothbrok"?

Maybe they changed it so it wasn't an exact reference to a person who existed so they could have some leeway with the character.

Last edited:
Maybe they changed it so it was an exact reference to a person who existed so they could have some leeway with the character.
You mean "wasn't", right?

That could be why. If so, it'll be interesting to see how his future differs from the actual historical events.

You mean "wasn't", right?

That could be why. If so, it'll be interesting to see how his future differs from the actual historical events.

Haha yep!

I wonder if what Devil said is still going to hold water for next season? I feel like they have a lot of stuff still to do with him.

THC changed it because it's their version/story. Ragnar Lodbrok's entire "history" is comprised of bits and pieces of secondhand info so the reality is there isn't a whole lot of concrete info about him. So THC doesn't want people to confuse their show with actual history i.e. this isn't a biography.

THC changed it because it's their version/story. Ragnar Lodbrok's entire "history" is comprised of bits and pieces of secondhand info so the reality is there isn't a whole lot of concrete info about him. So THC doesn't want people to confuse their show with actual history i.e. this isn't a biography.

This man knows what is up!

Ah, alright. Thanks.

It seems kind of silly that instead of just making up an entirely different story with entirely different characters, they just change the real guy's last name. :lol

Or they could keep his name Lodbrok and simply state that "this show is not 100% historically accurate...".

Idunno, I don't care. It doesn't matter. :lol

Lothbrok sounds better anyway. :lol

funny that's what i was finding out by reading on line about him. everythings maybe he was here, maybe it was during this era, or maybe it was before he did this. :dunno i guess it's to be expected for something that happened 1200 years ago.

still a good show never the less...:lecture

That preview is way too spoilerish!

Beware of a possible spoiler in that trailer!

Looking froward to the next season!

Ha, I read into it somewhere. Most people are speculating that what was shown is really a premonition from a seer. Since that land doesn't really look like Scandinavia.

I started watching it, like the first 4 episodes then crapped out on it. I think I'll try to catch up for season two. Ragnar IS HOT. :love:

Back